Der Spiegel audio file of Morrissey interview released

Here you go. The recording of the interview.

Der Audiomitschnitt zum SPIEGEL-Interview mit Morrissey - Spiegel Online
Sänger Morrissey fühlt sich nach einem Interview mit dem SPIEGEL falsch zitiert und will nun nie wieder mit Printmedien sprechen. Hören Sie hier den Mitschnitt des Interviews.

English version:

The Audio of DER SPIEGEL's Interview with Morrissey
British pop singer Morrissey has accused DER SPIEGEL of falsely quoting him in a recently published interview. The magazine stands behind its reporting and has made the decision to post the audio online in response.

On Friday, Nov. 10, DER SPIEGEL culture reporter Juliane Liebert told her editors that she had been offered an interview with British popstar Morrissey and that a decision needed to be made quickly on whether to accept. We agreed: The former lead singer of The Smiths doesn't shy away from speaking his mind - and he also doesn't grant interviews very often.

The following Monday, Liebert flew to Los Angeles, where she was to interview Morrissey on Tuesday. The interview appointment got delayed several times before finally taking place on Wednesday and lasting 40 minutes. Edited versions of interviews published in DER SPIEGEL are usually authorized by the interview subject before publication, consistent with established procedure in German journalism. But in this instance, Morrissey's team elected to forego authorization.

After its publication on Nov. 18 in DER SPIEGEL, the interview (available behind the SPIEGEL Plus paywall in German) generated headlines not only in the German-language media. English publications like the Independent also wrote about Morrissey's statements regarding Trump, Brexit, the #MeToo debate and questions of national identity.

The musician then sought to distance himself from the published interview. "Unless you see the words form in my mouth and then you see or hear the words come out of my mouth... please, if you don't see that, I didn't say them," he told fans at a concert. He said he would never grant an interview to a print journalist again.

On Monday, Morrissey followed up with a post on his official Facebook page casting doubt on whether his statements had been reflected accurately by DER SPIEGEL. He also alleged that the fact that the magazine had not yet posted the raw audio of the interview was tantamount to an indirect admission of guilt.

To counter that claim, the editors of DER SPIEGEL have decided to post the audio of the interview online.

You can listen to the interview conducted with Morrissey in Los Angeles on Nov. 15 here:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Interview mp3 - yours to keep:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dx1c0j
(the exact file as used on the site).

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be very sad to see that. However, we certainly will not view these last few years as his best. My hope is that he'll take this horrible experience and soul search and find a way to learn and grow from it. Isn't that what we all need to do in this life?

well, maybe this world will learn from it. A little soul searching to benefit those who can't understand a very complex, contradictory, and very human human being. Well, it happens to the best at some point, Wilde,King,Jesus, etc..

so, WILL THIS WORLD EVER LEARN ?

because...

:cool:

Possibly but I never heard them brag about grabbing a man in his crotch.
Did you?
I mean hear “them” say that?
And being it recorded and published?

I know famous persons are being more scrutinised in the media for anything they said but the indignity is immense and deplorable for ANYBODY to say that.

I must confess I never searched on YouTube for any of that, so maybe there are women that say the same kind of things.

Maybe there will be a female president candidate in the near future who did.

At the moment I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Ummm yes and much much more graphic than that, maybe I know the wrong type of women :lbf:

Last edited by a moderator:
...you will miss him when he's gone... People are talking as if he was about to die very soon. I see him living well into his 80s, possibly 90s. He has a lot of years in front of him. Let's focus on that.:rock:

well, maybe this world will learn from it. A little soul searching to benefit those who can't understand a very complex, contradictory, and very human human being. Well, it happens to the best at some point, Wilde,King,Jesus, etc..

so, WILL THIS WORLD EVER LEARN ?

because...

:cool:

Wilde, King, Jesus, Morrissey and Nelly the Elephant, etc..

MORRISSEY has proven himself DEVIOUS, TRUCULENT and UNRELIABLE once more.

Hooray Hooray The Mozzmeister Lies
And Mike Joyce smiles

MIKE, YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG, FORGIVE US OUR SINS!

Well my opinions on false accusations has got zero to do with what Morrissey thinks on the matter. You’ve stated that false reports are next to zero so I’d definitely be interested to see your sources. I’d also be interested to see the stats on false accusations to see if there has been any significant change in that statistic. I agree though reported cases are still too low.
I neither support nor oppose Donald Trump. I'm not from the USA and feel no strong feelings towards him despite how much the world media shoves him in my face. But bragging about an assault? Are you talking about the 'grab em by the pussy' joke. Heard worse in men's rooms my whole life.
I haven't. In my circles, work and social it would be unacceptable. You say you hang with people who casually brag about assaulting women? Blimey.

I neither support nor oppose Donald Trump. I'm not from the USA and feel no strong feelings towards him despite how much the world media shoves him in my face. But bragging about an assault? Are you talking about the 'grab em by the pussy' joke. Heard worse in men's rooms my whole life.
What the world needs now is more folks like you, l’il shooter. LOL! Surrounded by facts. Too smug to care. ...and with enough time spent in men’s rooms with assholes to passively excuse the sad, ignorant status quo. Keep that shit up ya low-expectation-having motherf***er.

That's sweet about Mike J.I know he's a happy grandpa who loves when the Christmas lights go up. I think he feels bad about our Steven and is a tad worried for him. He is not gloating horribly today. He is not like that. He knows Morrissey better than anyone here. He brings soo much joy on the new demos. Greatest drummer for past 50 years. Sweet ass to this day.

I don’t hate the man, he’s written incredible music thru the years I just think he needs to grow the f*** and stop blaming other people for his f***ing problems or for his failures and what I really dislike is the idiot fans that blindly support his self destructive attitude and turn a blind eye when he says or does something stupid you are enablers of his attitude and ego because as long as he has dullards like you following him around buying his Sub standard albums and seeing his sub standard possibly canceled show costing fans massive amount of money with no consideration or remorse that his fan is out of hundreds or thousands of dollars, and that he’s gonna hold grudges against fans that run websites dedicated for him for decades just because not every story about him puts him on a pedestal he will continue to go about like every thing is right . I’m gonna voice my opinion and I’m gonna keep it real and if you don’t like it oh f***ing well you can leave and find another website to get your Morrissey news and fix.
Thank you. Take the blinders off folks, and read the post. Deep down, the problem is you don't want it to be true. Guess what? Neither do we! and that is the foundation of the absolute disgust with some people versus other people on this site (at least when it comes to Morrissey and music).

Some can see it. Some cannot. Some see it, and refuse. Some see it, and deny. I don't judge 'posters', I judge the post. And props (the 90's?) to this post.

Be well....

Our Steven needs to reform with Johnny Andy and sexy Mike asap for karmic reasons. Also come out as gay. It would be the sexiest thing he could do. Do the first album. The Queen is dead bonus stuff is pure joy. Andy is a god with old old friend Johnny. Nobody does it like Mike Joyce. Mozz sounds great and can fix this whole mess by being a gay Morrissey and reuniting the Smiths. With Mike. Cash in. All will be forgiven and forgotten.

Not in this case. The explosion of male migrants into places like Germany and Sweden is plain to see and is changing those countries forever, for the worst. For somebody in the public eye, it seems Morrissey is completely alone in even acknowledging facts such as this.

Provocative, inflammatory and deeply invidious language used to simplify a complex situation. It you wish to critique Hetero-Normative Privilege then that is world-wide. You also assume all migrants are heterosexual and that German & Swedish LGBTQ-Feminist agents are unable to distinguish between the intersectionalities of migrant experiences. It is quite possible to feel empathy, concern and care towards a person as a 'male migrant' whilst deeply resisting their incultured homophobia and sexism. But that requires both heart and brains alongside a thorough understanding of Intersectionality.

best
BB
Milano

That's true. But when 600 women were raped/ sexually assaulted on new year's eve 15/16 in one single public square in Bologna, Germany, by baying migrants, the statistics would have looked so bad that the authorities quickly tried to hush it all up - didn't work though. So it goes to show that it can work, or be worked rather, both ways.

#NoWords

Last edited:
That's true. But when 600 women were raped/ sexually assaulted on new year's eve 15/16 in one single public square in Bologna, Germany, by baying migrants, the statistics would have looked so bad that the authorities quickly tried to hush it all up - didn't work though. So it goes to show that it can work, or be worked rather, both ways.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Oh dear, oh dear.

...you will miss him when he's gone... People are talking as if he was about to die very soon. I see him living well into his 80s, possibly 90s. He has a lot of years in front of him. Let's focus on that.:rock:

The kind people have a dream
Morrissey on the guillotine

#DerSpiegelGate

I find it intriguing that the journalist was told to not ask about politics. But by whom? Since Morrissey is so willing to answer, the request hasn't obviously come from him. Does some poor soul do managerial duties for him? Or is the request made by the record company -- I'm sure BMG has made these interviews happen and persuaded Morrissey to talk to Der Spiegel and The Times. They have clearly underestimated his talent for self-sabotage.

If it ended at 38 minutes we could have all gone away, heads in sand, still thinking perhaps he isn't that blinkered and daft. Then she gave him a little question of "anything you want to say about Germany?" and a gloop of bile comes pouring out completely unprovoked

What's he on about fighting for identity? So he's happy with wars fighting for some self-imposed, abstract "identity"? "Millions people have died for the German identity" lol when exactly is he referring to here?

"Millions people have died for the German identity" lol when exactly is he referring to here?

This sentiment is also in stark contradicting contrast with the sentiments of his new song "i bury the living" where he's actively mocking soldiers and their mourning parents for fighting, supposedly a song the interview was meeant to promote. Also "stop watching the news" well ok Moz, you start!

But then he hasn't said any of these things becuase we didn't see the words come out of his mouth, it being audio only loooooooooooooool

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom