Der Spiegel audio file of Morrissey interview released

Here you go. The recording of the interview.

Der Audiomitschnitt zum SPIEGEL-Interview mit Morrissey - Spiegel Online
Sänger Morrissey fühlt sich nach einem Interview mit dem SPIEGEL falsch zitiert und will nun nie wieder mit Printmedien sprechen. Hören Sie hier den Mitschnitt des Interviews.

English version:

The Audio of DER SPIEGEL's Interview with Morrissey
British pop singer Morrissey has accused DER SPIEGEL of falsely quoting him in a recently published interview. The magazine stands behind its reporting and has made the decision to post the audio online in response.

On Friday, Nov. 10, DER SPIEGEL culture reporter Juliane Liebert told her editors that she had been offered an interview with British popstar Morrissey and that a decision needed to be made quickly on whether to accept. We agreed: The former lead singer of The Smiths doesn't shy away from speaking his mind - and he also doesn't grant interviews very often.

The following Monday, Liebert flew to Los Angeles, where she was to interview Morrissey on Tuesday. The interview appointment got delayed several times before finally taking place on Wednesday and lasting 40 minutes. Edited versions of interviews published in DER SPIEGEL are usually authorized by the interview subject before publication, consistent with established procedure in German journalism. But in this instance, Morrissey's team elected to forego authorization.

After its publication on Nov. 18 in DER SPIEGEL, the interview (available behind the SPIEGEL Plus paywall in German) generated headlines not only in the German-language media. English publications like the Independent also wrote about Morrissey's statements regarding Trump, Brexit, the #MeToo debate and questions of national identity.

The musician then sought to distance himself from the published interview. "Unless you see the words form in my mouth and then you see or hear the words come out of my mouth... please, if you don't see that, I didn't say them," he told fans at a concert. He said he would never grant an interview to a print journalist again.

On Monday, Morrissey followed up with a post on his official Facebook page casting doubt on whether his statements had been reflected accurately by DER SPIEGEL. He also alleged that the fact that the magazine had not yet posted the raw audio of the interview was tantamount to an indirect admission of guilt.

To counter that claim, the editors of DER SPIEGEL have decided to post the audio of the interview online.

You can listen to the interview conducted with Morrissey in Los Angeles on Nov. 15 here:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Interview mp3 - yours to keep:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dx1c0j
(the exact file as used on the site).

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about
Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. -- Andy Warhol

Are you talking about the 'grab em by the pussy' joke. Heard worse in men's rooms my whole life.
Women can be equally debased when discussing dudes. Ever sat in a circle of women after they’ve had a few wines? It’s terrifyjng :lbf:

Women can be equally debased when discussing dudes. Ever sat in a circle of women after they’ve had a few wines? It’s terrifyjng :lbf:

WORD!

They are far worse than men and there is a reason why men are banned on girls nights but a few of us made the mistake and ignored that ban.

If any man wanna lose his confidence a girls night is the best place for it!

Statistical truth is often inconvenient.

But, statistics can be manipulated.
And therefore become lies.

As governments and all kind of authorities and politicians rely heavily on them with regards to develop and create a policy, and the company or institutions that come up with the resulting stats have many times an economic interest there is a tendency to produce the stats they think their clients wants. To deliver the product and get payed for it if the client is satisfied with the outcome.

And then after elections or any other change other politicians who are in power need “other” stats to base THEIR policy on and “we” see and hear completely different stats.

And then the whole circus starts again.

Yes, and married ones are the worst.

But, statistics can be manipulated.
And therefore become lies.

As governments and all kind of authorities and politicians rely heavily on them with regards to develop and create a policy, and the company or institutions that come up with the resulting stats have many times an economic interest there is a tendency to produce the stats they think their clients wants. To deliver the product and get payed for it if the client is satisfied with the outcome.

And then after elections or any other change other politicians who are in power need “other” stats to base THEIR policy on and “we” see and hear completely different stats.

And then the whole circus starts again.
That's true. But when 600 women were raped/ sexually assaulted on new year's eve 15/16 in one single public square in Cologne, Germany, by baying migrants, the statistics would have looked so bad that the authorities quickly tried to hush it all up - didn't work though. So it goes to show that it can work, or be worked rather, both ways.

Last edited:
That's true. But when 600 women were raped/ sexually assaulted on new year's eve 15/16 in one single public square in Bologna, Germany, by baying migrants, the statistics would have looked so bad that the authorities quickly tried to hush it all up - didn't work though. So it goes to show that it can work, or be worked rather, both ways.

Agreed it can go both ways but that is why I want to be careful with them as they can provide a misleading picture.

I have lost my faith in Morrissey, but I will always love Ketamine Sun! :love:

:blushing:

Ketamine Sunny ....

'I have lost my faith in...' :fearscream:

retract! repent, repent ! or not .....we forgive you anyway ! :D

You're gonna miss him when he's gone

Last edited:
Sad state of affairs when so called fans are more excited about audio released of an interview than audio released from a new album. It says a lot about the level of their minds and what they're happy spending their time on.
Now back to your studies children :)

Last edited:

Possibly but I never heard them brag about grabbing a man in his crotch.
Did you?
I mean hear “them” say that?
And being it recorded and published?

I know famous persons are being more scrutinised in the media for anything they said but the indignity is immense and deplorable for ANYBODY to say that.

I must confess I never searched on YouTube for any of that, so maybe there are women that say the same kind of things.

Maybe there will be a female president candidate in the near future who did.

At the moment I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

when he's gone, then you might see.

when it's too late... unfortunately.

I'd be very sad to see that. However, we certainly will not view these last few years as his best. My hope is that he'll take this horrible experience and soul search and find a way to learn and grow from it. Isn't that what we all need to do in this life?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom