Der Spiegel audio file of Morrissey interview released

Here you go. The recording of the interview.

Der Audiomitschnitt zum SPIEGEL-Interview mit Morrissey - Spiegel Online
Sänger Morrissey fühlt sich nach einem Interview mit dem SPIEGEL falsch zitiert und will nun nie wieder mit Printmedien sprechen. Hören Sie hier den Mitschnitt des Interviews.

English version:

The Audio of DER SPIEGEL's Interview with Morrissey
British pop singer Morrissey has accused DER SPIEGEL of falsely quoting him in a recently published interview. The magazine stands behind its reporting and has made the decision to post the audio online in response.

On Friday, Nov. 10, DER SPIEGEL culture reporter Juliane Liebert told her editors that she had been offered an interview with British popstar Morrissey and that a decision needed to be made quickly on whether to accept. We agreed: The former lead singer of The Smiths doesn't shy away from speaking his mind - and he also doesn't grant interviews very often.

The following Monday, Liebert flew to Los Angeles, where she was to interview Morrissey on Tuesday. The interview appointment got delayed several times before finally taking place on Wednesday and lasting 40 minutes. Edited versions of interviews published in DER SPIEGEL are usually authorized by the interview subject before publication, consistent with established procedure in German journalism. But in this instance, Morrissey's team elected to forego authorization.

After its publication on Nov. 18 in DER SPIEGEL, the interview (available behind the SPIEGEL Plus paywall in German) generated headlines not only in the German-language media. English publications like the Independent also wrote about Morrissey's statements regarding Trump, Brexit, the #MeToo debate and questions of national identity.

The musician then sought to distance himself from the published interview. "Unless you see the words form in my mouth and then you see or hear the words come out of my mouth... please, if you don't see that, I didn't say them," he told fans at a concert. He said he would never grant an interview to a print journalist again.

On Monday, Morrissey followed up with a post on his official Facebook page casting doubt on whether his statements had been reflected accurately by DER SPIEGEL. He also alleged that the fact that the magazine had not yet posted the raw audio of the interview was tantamount to an indirect admission of guilt.

To counter that claim, the editors of DER SPIEGEL have decided to post the audio of the interview online.

You can listen to the interview conducted with Morrissey in Los Angeles on Nov. 15 here:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Interview mp3 - yours to keep:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dx1c0j
(the exact file as used on the site).

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The press isolated sentences out of context with salacious headlines like 'Morrissey supports Weinstein and Spacey' etc so I'm not surprised that he's indignant. It's understandable. Nothing he said was said with hate.
exactly. context is everything. I think that's why he made the "unless you see the words forming in my mouth..." comment. because when you see the words coming directly from Morrissey in the appropriate context you can see: there's nothing sinister there like the press is trying to make out.

exactly. context is everything. I think that's why he made the "unless you see the words forming in my mouth..." comment. because when you see the words coming directly from Morrissey in the appropriate context you can see: there's nothing sinister there like the press is trying to make out.

Let’s hope the next press release is his obituary in the LA Times

He lied. He lied to us, his fans. He lied to the people that have traveled for him, spent a lot of money on him, supported his lifestyle. And he f***ing lies to our faces because he knows c***s like you DON’T CARE! But you know the truth? He doesn’t need YOU! The fans who aren’t delusional don’t need YOU! You are probably one of those who’s whole life, social life revolves around the idiotic Moz Fandom. So of course what will you do if there is no Morrissey in your life?! Nothing. You have nothing. I feel sorry for you. Meanwhile for the ones that lives were saved back in the day, this is heartbreaking because we know It’s Over. We did not listen to the songs because it was going to get us f***ed at the next Moz disco. We listened to the songs because we felt isolated and this soothed us. We were not alone when we put on a Smiths record. We didn’t give a damn who the bigger fan was or who went to the mosts gigs. Now it’s all bullshit. Who can be better buddies with the band. f*** them. It’s all gotten so dirty and tainted. This is not what it meant to be a Morrissey fan. It’s been degraded and people like you accept anything that comes out of his mouth and say I don’t care! Cancel hundreds of gigs oh well it goes with the territory. Disgusting. I’m utterly disgusted at the state of it all.

- C

Waaaaaah!

I'm very glad about Der Spiegel sharing at last the full audio without further delay. Morrissey talks about a lot of things without restraints. Maybe he is a kamikaze of the words, but that's his way of being.

The original interview is quite long and Morrissey is asked about and he consequently answers a lot of interesting topics. The words transcribed in the original printed interview were said by Morrissey, but he said a lot of things more which give a wider context to his words. He actually stated very clearly he is against all kind of physical abuse and rape, giving greater verbal emphasis to those words more than once. But it's true he adds other commentaries that we may not share.

I agree with most of the things Morrissey says in the interview and I don't agree with others, but everybody has the right to freedom of expression and most things he says have a lot of sense. I'm very sorry that his opinions (which I don't share) about Spacey and Weinstein were interpreted as a plain defense of their acts. He joked in one of his last shows saying he was one of the few people in Los Angeles who wasn't accused of sexual assault. Then it's very sad that a bad commentary can cause so much suffering when in fact exist people who actually damaged another people in terrible ways and they are freely walking the streets without any social condemn.

I'm very glad he said he didn't have sex with underaged groupies, something that certainly can't be said from a lot of people in musical industry. Hopefully this will change from now on, since it's clear that times have changed, at least from the public opinion perspective.

It's a shame this interview was not originally planned as an audio interview, because the questions were good and he says a lot of interesting things that weren't transcribed maybe by a lack of space. It's very funny when they are chatting about people doing weird things when they like others and he says that some people look away when they see someone they like. It's very curious that at first when they talk about "sexual scandals" the interviewer laughs and says "yeah" to every word he says. Also, at 26.52 aprox. there's a cut, at least in my copy of the audio. Something is missing there. Well, that's it.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. He's dug his hole and he can lie in it. I'm actually quite sympathetic to some of his views on mass immigration - but the guy is clearly historically illiterate. Not only did he write a line about the Royal Family saluting Oliver Cromwell - the guy who chopped off the king of England's head - but he thinks it's ok to allude to millions of Germans having died to protect German identity. That's the shocking moment of the interview for me. What a buffoon. And the whole Germany rape capital of Europe thing is just pure crazy.

Advice: stop reading the news. You are hysterical. He brought up some interesting points about culture, identity and to be proud of where you come from. And he's right - globalisation waters all cultures down and might turn us all into one dumb mass completely enslaved by those in power if we're not careful. Morrissey gave a very stimulating interview - and to listen to his thoughtful calmness was nectar to my ears in a world moving faster and faster.

He lied.

I'm very glad about Der Spiegel sharing at last the full audio without further delay. Morrissey talks about a lot of things without restraints. Maybe he is a kamikaze of the words, but that's his way of being.

The original interview is quite long and Morrissey is asked about and he consequently answers a lot of interesting topics. The words transcribed in the original printed interview were said by Morrissey, but he said a lot of things more which give a wider context to his words. He actually stated very clearly he is against all kind of physical abuse and rape, giving greater verbal emphasis to those words more than once. But it's true he adds other commentaries that we may not share.

I agree with most of the things Morrissey says in the interview and I don't agree with others, but everybody has the right to freedom of expression and most things he says have a lot of sense. I'm very sorry that his opinions (which I don't share) about Spacey and Weinstein were interpreted as a plain defense of their acts. He joked in one of his last shows saying he was one of the few people in Los Angeles who wasn't accused of sexual assault. Then it's very sad that a bad commentary can cause so much suffering when in fact exist people who actually damaged another people in terrible ways and they are freely walking the streets without any social condemn.

I'm very glad he said he didn't have sex with underaged groupies, something that certainly can't be said from a lot of people in musical industry. Hopefully this will change from now on, since it's clear that times have changed, at least from the public opinion perspective.

It's a shame this interview was not originally planned as an audio interview, because the questions were good and he says a lot of interesting things that weren't transcribed maybe by a lack of space. It's very funny when they are chatting about people doing weird things when they like others and he says that some people look away when they see someone they like. It's very curious that at first when they talk about "sexual scandals" the interviewer laughs and says "yeah" to every word he says. Also, at 26.52 aprox. there's a cut, at least in my copy of the audio. Something is missing there. Well, that's it.
perfectly stated! :thumb:

I really liked that boisterous laugh he gives when the interviewer asks him if he thinks people should just stay where they are. I always get the feeling from Morrissey interviews that he's always on the verge of a paroxysm of laughter but is doing all he can to hold it back.

Buongiorno!

I'm Sharon & I'm Secretary to 'BrummieBoy' alongside the 'amanuensis' but I have a different role.

We're all here in Milan observing the DRAMA & I think BB will return to commentary soon once he's finished networking at Teatro Dal Verme. But I can't be certain.

To all those furiously designating historic posts by BB as 'troll', you're wasting your time. BB hasn't been addressing the Morrissey Cult 'community' on these forums but a wider audience. I'm sure BB is amused to see his analysis of the Crank-Fraud Morrissey becoming mainstream finally but it's hard to tell as he's pretty much invisible these days.

I'll be transcribing the 'thought-blocks' as they emanate from the ether via the QWERTYOuija laptop & phone keyboards. I've no idea if either myself or the 'amanuensis' get it right when we 'channel BrummieBoy' as he refuses to discuss any feedback and doesn't read any of this. He merely scans the Twitter feed for this site and notes when Morrissey's troll-wars on the media yield results as they pop up in mainstream media feeds.

I'll be transcribing the full text of the video below when time allows as BB says it's on-point for this debate about the reputational 'bonfire of the vanities' which Morrissey has invoked by his bizarre arrogance and delusional decision to call Der Spiegel's bluff. We were in Dusseldorf last summer recording and I think BB knows this journalist so it wouldn't surprise me if he's been integral to Der Spiegel's unprecedented decision to name and shame Morrissey as a delusional narcissistic bull-shitter. But don't quote me on that!

I'm not an intern anymore, I'm a real 'Secretary' but BB says I can have fun now and again. He never reads this site so it's hardly going to matter in the wider scheme of things. I'll be back later on to see if the Ouija Board moves....but I'm going shopping for some bling in Montenapoleone this morning. Must make sure I stick to vegan fashionista chic or BB will glower in that sexy George Clooney way he's perfected.

For the record, I still like Morrissey's singing voice but I think he's proved himself to be a bit of an arse. BB was right all along. Who knew?

[Edit: Fascinating 'cult dynamics' in operation on this thread as the 'fans' try to staunch the wounds!]

Ciao!

Sharon McCormick
Secretary & PR Assistant to
'BrummieBoy'.

Hotel delle Nazioni Milano
Via Alfredo Cappellini
Milano

Narcissist's Addiction to Fame and Celebrity

Buongiorno!

I'm Sharon & I'm Secretary to 'BrummieBoy' alongside the 'amanuensis' but I have a different role.

We're all here in Milan observing the DRAMA & I think BB will return to commentary soon once he's finished networking at Teatro Dal Verme. But I can't be certain.

To all those furiously designating historic posts by BB as 'troll', you're wasting your time. BB hasn't been addressing the Morrissey Cult 'community' on these forums but a wider audience. I'm sure BB is amused to see his analysis of the Crank-Fraud Morrissey becoming mainstream finally but it's hard to tell as he's pretty much invisible these days.

I'll be transcribing the 'thought-blocks' as they emanate from the ether via the QWERTYOuija laptop & phone keyboards. I've no idea if either myself or the 'amanuensis' get it right when we 'channel BrummieBoy' as he refuses to discuss any feedback and doesn't read any of this. He merely scans the Twitter feed for this site and notes when Morrissey's troll-wars on the media yield results as they pop up in mainstream media feeds.

I'll be transcribing the full text of the video below when time allows as BB says it's on-point for this debate about the reputational 'bonfire of the vanities' which Morrissey has invoked by his bizarre arrogance and delusional decision to call Der Spiegel's bluff. We were in Dusseldorf last summer recording and I think BB knows this journalist so it wouldn't surprise me if he's been integral to Der Spiegel's unprecedented decision to name and shame Morrissey as a delusional narcissistic bull-shitter. But don't quote me on that!

I'm not an intern anymore, I'm a real 'Secretary' but BB says I can have fun now and again. He never reads this site so it's hardly going to matter in the wider scheme of things. I'll be back later on to see if the Ouija Board moves....but I'm going shopping for some bling in Montenapoleone this morning. Must make sure I stick to vegan fashionista chic or BB will glower in that sexy George Clooney way he's perfected.

For the record, I still like Morrissey's singing voice but I think he's proved himself to be a bit of an arse. BB was right all along. Who knew?

[Edit: Fascinating 'cult dynamics' in operation on this thread as the 'fans' try to staunch the wounds!]

Ciao!

Sharon McCormick
Secretary & PR Assistant to
'BrummieBoy'.

Hotel delle Nazioni Milano
Via Alfredo Cappellini
Milano

Narcissist's Addiction to Fame and Celebrity

who even reads this shit anymore?

Just to advise the 'cult community' that 'alert preferences' have been tweaked so we don't see your furious attempts to contact us. I'll be putting almost everyone on 'Ignore' again soon, just as I did in 2012 when Viva, Skylarker & Crystal Geezer were bashing their brains out trying to get noticed by us.

Pro tip for the trolls: Don't bother. We won't even see your nonsense.

best
Shazza for/on behalf of BB. Etc

Can't wait to hear Morrissey sing I've Changed My Plea To Guilty live at the Royal Albert Hall.

Also if it is OK for Mozzer to kill Trump why isn't it OK for people kill animals as well?

Murder is Murder.

Someones been awfully quiet on this thread.

Doesn't shock me one bit. When you have the facts, you pound the facts; when you don't have the facts, you pound the table. Or in this case, the keyboard. And there's not a whole lot of keyboard banging going on.

I reckon WTF is that? It looks like a copy of Hitler's diary. I reckon I could not find where the recording is with all that Nazi writing shit. I reckon I hope that interview wasn't done at Uncle Steve's house in Malibu, then those Nazis know where he lives and might fly in some 90 year old German from Argentina to pay Steve a visit.

LA MOZ POSSE ASSEMBLE!

Ah ok, so someone posts how disgusting the Nazis were, so you chose to continue to use the word completely out of context. You really are an utter scumbag of a human being. Once again, over 1 million children were murdered by these despicable bastards, do you ever think of that when writing your stupid f***ing posts or does that one brain cell you retain after years of crack smoking, completely lack emotional intelligence. Are you that f***ing stupid that you think people (apart from your mates in the trailer you share) think you are funny anymore?

In some ways you are like Steven. You used to be liked due to your witty posts but then you went into dodgy territory with your racist comments toward Europeans and now apart from a few folks who will like anything, you find yourself an outcast, who has to make even more outrageous comments in an attempt to remain relevent.

Last edited:
So at first Ketamine Sun defends Morrissey's comments. Then she backs Morrissey up when he claims he was misquoted. Now she feigns indifference it to it all with her capital letters, coloured fonts, smileys and empty spaces in her posts. What a pitiable blinkered pathetic dimwit she is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom