Der Spiegel audio file of Morrissey interview released

Here you go. The recording of the interview.

Der Audiomitschnitt zum SPIEGEL-Interview mit Morrissey - Spiegel Online
Sänger Morrissey fühlt sich nach einem Interview mit dem SPIEGEL falsch zitiert und will nun nie wieder mit Printmedien sprechen. Hören Sie hier den Mitschnitt des Interviews.

English version:

The Audio of DER SPIEGEL's Interview with Morrissey
British pop singer Morrissey has accused DER SPIEGEL of falsely quoting him in a recently published interview. The magazine stands behind its reporting and has made the decision to post the audio online in response.

On Friday, Nov. 10, DER SPIEGEL culture reporter Juliane Liebert told her editors that she had been offered an interview with British popstar Morrissey and that a decision needed to be made quickly on whether to accept. We agreed: The former lead singer of The Smiths doesn't shy away from speaking his mind - and he also doesn't grant interviews very often.

The following Monday, Liebert flew to Los Angeles, where she was to interview Morrissey on Tuesday. The interview appointment got delayed several times before finally taking place on Wednesday and lasting 40 minutes. Edited versions of interviews published in DER SPIEGEL are usually authorized by the interview subject before publication, consistent with established procedure in German journalism. But in this instance, Morrissey's team elected to forego authorization.

After its publication on Nov. 18 in DER SPIEGEL, the interview (available behind the SPIEGEL Plus paywall in German) generated headlines not only in the German-language media. English publications like the Independent also wrote about Morrissey's statements regarding Trump, Brexit, the #MeToo debate and questions of national identity.

The musician then sought to distance himself from the published interview. "Unless you see the words form in my mouth and then you see or hear the words come out of my mouth... please, if you don't see that, I didn't say them," he told fans at a concert. He said he would never grant an interview to a print journalist again.

On Monday, Morrissey followed up with a post on his official Facebook page casting doubt on whether his statements had been reflected accurately by DER SPIEGEL. He also alleged that the fact that the magazine had not yet posted the raw audio of the interview was tantamount to an indirect admission of guilt.

To counter that claim, the editors of DER SPIEGEL have decided to post the audio of the interview online.

You can listen to the interview conducted with Morrissey in Los Angeles on Nov. 15 here:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Interview mp3 - yours to keep:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dx1c0j
(the exact file as used on the site).

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
The abject failures of EUropean states to organise vetting of desperate migrants and refugees & weed out known criminals & jihadis cannot be used as an excuse to stigmatise all new arrivals. The failure to allow Swedish and German police to slam down the hammer on sexual abuse in public reflects entirely on the politicians boxing them in, not on the law-abiding majority of new arrivals who are aghast at the situation.

So you are just like that couple then, moving the goal post and pointing at this and that but never at the elephant in the room. I'd like to be like you people for a few minutes only to make myself forget about reality and then be brutally brought back to it when my own mind returns.

What you don't know or won't acknowledge won't kill you, I guess. I never hear anyone talk about the silence of the majority cause that is the scary part here.

We will never forget the well read men and women of the trenches that defeated the nazis with education.

Yes but they were an army. You can't defeat random people who'll blow themselves up with war. It's f***ing war that's led us here in the first place. Them being cranks coupled with our foreign policy is what's led us to where we are. More of the same will just continue the process.

I can't see how people think more of the same but more of it will be any way beneficial to our cause. It's like saying there's a fire, let's chuck petrol on it.

Yes but they were an army. You can't defeat random people who'll blow themselves up with war. It's f***ing war that's led us here in the first place. Them being cranks coupled with our foreign policy is what's led us to where we are. More of the same will just continue the process.

I can't see how people think more of the same but more of it will be any way beneficial to our cause. It's like saying there's a fire, let's chuck petrol on it.
Didn't you know petrol puts out fire? Just ask Diane Abbott :cool:

Well it sounds like from this thread that this is the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people, moderators included! I would hope then, if you think of yourselves as well adjusted people that this is the last time we’ll see a lot of you posting around here. Afterall, if this evil man has nothing left to offer you and he outrages you so much, why not move on to greener pastures and fill your life with more positive things? To continue to hang around and beat a dead horse and talk over and over about how someone is so awful seems unhealthy, counterproductive and redundant. It would say a lot more about you than it does about Morrissey. So, yeah, I guess this is goodbye for a lot of you!
But it is "so much a part of their life" or some bullshit like that so they stick around. pathetic really.

Well, at least Morrissey mentioned this (nobody else ever does) so it proves he's a caring person...
Wiki quote...
During the 2015/2016 New Year's Eve celebrations, there were 1,200 sexual assaults, 24 alleged rapes, and numerous thefts in Germany, mainly in Cologne city center. There were similar incidents at the public celebrations in Hamburg, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart[26] and Bielefeld.[14][27][28] For all of Germany, police report that 1,200 women were sexually assaulted and estimate that at least 2,000 men were involved, acting in groups.[25]

All of the incidents involved women being surrounded and assaulted by groups of men on the street.[29][30] Police reported that the perpetrators were men of "Arab or North African appearance" and said that Germany had never experienced such mass sexual assaults before.[20][30][31][32][33] The German Federal Criminal Police Office said the incidents were, "A phenomenon known in some Arab countries as taharrush jamai" (translated as "group sexual harassment").

The abject failures of EUropean states to organise vetting of desperate migrants and refugees & weed out known criminals & jihadis cannot be used as an excuse to stigmatise all new arrivals. The failure to allow Swedish and German police to slam down the hammer on sexual abuse in public reflects entirely on the politicians boxing them in, not on the law-abiding majority of new arrivals who are aghast at the situation.

BrummieBoy, 2017, repeating to self:

fx5nvs.jpg

"Intersectionality, intersectionality, intersectionality, intersectionality, intersectionality, intersectionality, interse...."

BrummieBoy, 2017, repeating to self:

fx5nvs.jpg

"Intersectionality, intersectionality, intersectionality, intersectionality, intersectionality, intersectionality, interse...."

Congratulations! You have gained my attention, albeit briefly. Please collect your candy-floss and leave the circus tent, taking your clown outfit with you.

Anyone have any idea who's largely behind these foreign policy decisions, because I personally have no clue! I'm just like Charlie, I don't like to pick sides, and I think mass immigration is perfectly normal, and I think everyone just wants to get on in life, although I have no evidence to support any of my beliefs it's what I FEEEEEL!! But like I said I'm a centrist, and what does any of this matter because I'll be dead before I see the effects anyway lololol, etc etc, and it was inevitable because of Europeans being Europeans and something something oil something something, and Jesus these racists need to be reeducated, if they don't want to be ethnically replaced in their own countries it must be because of some abnormality in their minds.

We're all individuals, folks! (although every other ethnic group in existence thinks collectively and looks out for their own interests), and we were all born EQUUALLL (although I'm non-religious so while it's conceivable that a God would have created us all equally, there's zero reason to believe nature would have, because that's not how nature works, but it's how I FEEEEEEL), what are those people who think differently to me anyway, Nazis? Must be. White people speaking up for themselves is a slippery slope and makes me very uncomfortable because of everything I've been taught -- yes I believe every single mainstream view, but I'm a free thinker; I am a centrist after all.

I don't have to have any firm beliefs, because of my centrism I can listen to all sides without taking the plunge and siding with any. That way I can feel clever and I'm NEVER WRONG! Because people on the fence are never wrong, I can just point the finger at others and tell them how they're wrong. Mass immigration is worth it for the diverse selection of food btw. Yes, there are barricades around the Eiffel Tower right now, and in numerous parts of Germany and elsewhere in Europe, plus music festivals have been cancelled due to fears of sexual assault, but have you ever tasted tikka masala? Our lives would be much worse without it. Power-washing the blood of terror victims off our streets every so often is worth it for the richness and variety of the food we enjoy now.

And if we didn't have people from diverse backgrounds playing for our international football sides, we'd never win the World Cup! Like Germany, Spain, and Italy over the past three World Cups.... well, poor examples because those teams were majority German, Spanish, and Italian, and won, but you know what I mean. I don't know what I mean, but you know what I mean. Well, I just mean that immigration and diversity etc is good NO MATTER WHAT! It's what I've been told, and I don't have the intellectual capacity to challenge that, and it makes me feel good to feel like I'm on the 'right side of history'. The elites agree, and the media agrees, and therefore the mass of people agree, and isn't it nice when we all agree? Those who deviate from that run the risk of being arrested for their beliefs, and that's good because they're CRIMINALS! Nazis off our streets, etc. Hopefully antifa gets their hands on them!

But anyway, on account of my centrist views I really don't support any form of political extremism, although right-wing extremism is much worse than the left variety. On par with ISIS. Did six million Jews die in the Holocaust, and idk how many non-Jews, just so we could slowly slip back into the 1930s like we're doing at present!? Look, my great grandfather didn't die fighting Hitler during WWII just for all these extremists to start talking about this country being a white country, and so on. He didn't die just so we could try to prevent over one million people from crossing the Mediterranean every year who are fleeing wars, and dictators, and unemployment. Women and children and doctors and lawyers. He would be rolling in his grave to see these Nazis rising yet again. My great grandfather fought so we could enjoy many of the freedoms that we have today -- freedom of movement, the EU, diverse recipes; he fought for all of that. And he would be aghast to see anyone trying to take it away from us.

So, in closing, I really haven't thought any of this through, but when you sit on the fence you don't have to. I trust that our politicians know what they're doing (except for everything else they do that I disagree with - cuts affecting the poor and elderly, their shambolic handling of the health and education systems, and so forth), I trust them in *this* area, because I have to, otherwise I'd have to challenge everything I've been told to believe and everything I thought I knew up to this point, and that might trigger an existential crisis in me which I really don't think I could handle, sorry. Mass immigration is part and parcel of living in a globalised world, and if you don't believe that well then you could do with a bit more education couldn't you, bigot? I mean, FFS, it's nearly 2018!

https://www.haaretz.com/news/features/white-man-s-burden-1.14110
View attachment 43338
View attachment 43340
'Germany's media failed the public during refugee influx, study claims'
http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/inter...-possibly-biased-towards-refugees-study-finds
What a wonderful post.

Thanks for your views, only my wife, my 3 girls and my female dog know what I am really like, however everyone who reads my posts above will know that I am not a rape apologist and everyone who reads your posts know that you are a liar with a dislike of migrants. So see you later fat c***, I'm off to bed, watch out for the manholes - good thing is, you will get stuck in one rather than fall right into it :)
Hi Surface, pardon me for sticking my nose in here. I do agree with you and am firmly on your side of the argument but, rightly or otherwise, I do find the term of abuse being bandied about an ugly and sexist word. I know this cannot be argued conclusively but I would certainly never dream of using it.
You sound like an excellent chap and I thought the view of a like minded soul might be considered.

Nice to see the moderator flaunting the terms of service he is supposed to uphold...

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend.

Well Spotted. And it is NOT the first time that we have seen these "issues" from Moderators/Administrators abusing power. Whatever power exists. Which is statistically slightly lower than zero.
Sadly, it is not going to be the last time either. This is what happens when lunatics are placed in charge of the Asylum, as we know.

Hazard
x

Re: The Cologne New Year's incident.

According to the report of the German Minister of the Interior, 103 of the 153 suspects are from Morocco or Algeria.

However, both of these countries are not even in the top 10 of asylum-seeker countries of origin (link), which is dominated by Syria.

It's convenient to label everyone as 'migrants' but this is a pretty crude classification which undoubtedly misses the bigger picture.

Not to mention that there are much fewer asylum applications across Europe for 2017 and 2016 compared to earlier years (in the case of Sweden, approx 1/8th the number of applications last year compared to 2015. link )

To be frank:

1. It's not "convenient" or "inconvenient" to label - we call these people MIGRANTS here too in the UK irrespective of their originating Country.

2. There are 250,000 MIGRANTS per year ENTERING the UK on average. From many countries.

3. There is HOPE that such "net migration" will actually come down to 150,000 or so, in a few years time, AFTER the UK leaves the EU. But one wonders whether this is actually achievable.

4. Publicity on the German cases - in the media at least - provided various details on "Migrants in Germany" being responsible for various Gang-Rapes and Gang-Sexual-Assaults. Here it was clear, to the Police, that these Migrants - men mostly - were grouping together, in public places/events, in order to gain sexual satisfaction by committing sexual assaults against women. But not always against women.

5. Some of the crimes in Germany went undetected.

6. Some assault victims were quick to alert the Police, who then tried to find culprits in crowds (numbering 10,000+ in some cases) and using CCTV technology.

7 I understand that a number of these German cases are actually still open.

8 Retrospectively, MIGRANTS caught for criminal activity - of any kind - are being deported.

9 Deportation Figures show the UK and GERMANY DOES actually deport people. EVENTUALLY.

10 Claims for Asylum - under EU rules - has to be created at the point of INITIAL entry into the FIRST EU country of arrival. This means that EU Asylum requests for Migrants who enter Greece/Turkey and then quickly leave for Germany, France, Belgium, Poland, Sweeden, Russia and the UK and so on are passed back to the ORIGINATING COUNTRY. ie. GREECE (usually.)

11. Hence the reason why figures on "people actually claiming Asylum" in certain countries are much lower. Because a) there is a MASSIVE increase in other countries and b) some of these countries are under-reporting or over-reporting how many arrivals they have. Basically because these Countries cannot cope (with the overall numbers of MIGRANTS involved) and cannot yet get accurate numbers of migrants in these situations. Never mind the difficulties in trying to catch 153+ of these Migrants for various criminal activities.

It's NOT an easy solution or situation. For anyone.

Hazard
x

Enjoyed the listen. Morrissey sounds quite relaxed and happy to talk, he voices his opinion as most people would in their local pub. What's the big issue?

There isn't a BIG issue ! I've heard the same and VERY much worse in my local PUB too. The problem is that some people - in the MEDIA - don't like it when PEOPLE make comments about LIFE that the media or Governments don't agree with. The Editors of these publications then react. They ban. They burn books. They introduce rules that spoil life and the freedom of speech. So here we are - in 2018 almost - and NO ONE can REALLY say what they think.

Hazard
x

There isn't a BIG issue ! I've heard the same and VERY much worse in my local PUB too. The problem is that some people - in the MEDIA - don't like it when PEOPLE make comments about LIFE that the media or Governments don't agree with. The Editors of these publications then react. They ban. They burn books. They introduce rules that spoil life and the freedom of speech. So here we are - in 2018 almost - and NO ONE can REALLY say what they think.

Hazard
x
Now come on Hazard, that is not strictly true is it?

I should clarify I don't live in fear - of anything. If you all want to believe that you can defeat an ideology with anything other than education I wish you good luck.
:crazy:

what are you talking about? you have to be 'educated' into the knowledge that Isis ideology is evil, because without 'education' all that ignorant allah/mohammed/koran tripe would appeal to the average punter as perfectly reasonable?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom