Depeche Mode canceled Mountain View!!!

Sicy

Smother Me Mother
I am so PISSED. First Moz canceled on me now them!!!

DEPECHE MODE FORCED TO CANCEL APPEARANCE AT SHORELINE AMPHITHEATRE IN MOUNTAIN VIEW ON AUGUST 12TH DUE TO DOCTOR'S ORDERS

Depeche Mode has been forced to cancel their scheduled appearance on Wednesday, August 12th at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California due to doctor's orders that lead singer Dave Gahan be on complete vocal rest for 48 hours. Because of their busy schedule, a new Bay Area date will not be rescheduled this year.

"San Francisco is one of the most important cities to the band and we are devastated that we have been forced to cancel this date," said Dave Gahan. "We hope to be back soon to play for all of our fans in the area."

Refunds will be issued at point of purchase.

I am so over trying to go to concerts. I rarely go to any and the ones I try to go to get canceled!!

That's because all those guys are old, they can't tour anymore you should follow something younger like this:

060707-Tokio-Hotel-13.jpg

oh my god, what was that?

:D

These freaking british people (yes I'm including MOZ) are a bunch of diva pussies. That's the only conclusion I can come to. :straightface:

These freaking british people (yes I'm including MOZ) are a bunch of diva pussies. That's the only conclusion I can come to. :straightface:

You do know Dave had a cancerous tumour removed in May, don't you? I was actually surprised when they continued the tour so quickly after the operation.

And yes, they cancelled on me too. Get over it.

Give me a break! I have a right to be pissed. This keeps happening to me.

If he had a cancerous tumor removed then he shouldn't be touring at all!

The reviews of the Lollapalooza show in Chicago say one thing: drab, drab, drab.

Gahan should have cancelled this entire year; there's a rebound effect when you've been ill or had surgery. You crash hard later if you don't take it slow.

You sound like a spoiled brat. Moz had a really bad virus, which he didn't successfully shake for over a month. David Gahan had cancer, ffs. We don't know the personal or business reasons behind their decision not to derail the tour for a year. Put things in perspective.

Dave has had bloody cancer for God's sake!:mad:

It's the same old argument. If these artists are sick then they should straight up cancel the whole tour, or not even bother to schedule the shows, or at least cancel with some type of advance notice, not the night, morning of the show. No, it always happens when its too late, when people take time off work or book travel plans in which they cant get refunds, etc. Fans wait for months and months and finally start to get excited as the date arrives, only to be completely let down right beforehand. And then, they dont reschedule, which just makes it worse. Fans would be a whole lot more understanding if they rescheduled instead of just straight up canceling. I'm sure they will go on to L.A. and San Diego with no problem. And why is it always after some big multi band show like Lollapalooza or Coachella, that the bay area gets jinxed?

Gahan should have cancelled this entire year; there's a rebound effect when you've been ill or had surgery. You crash hard later if you don't take it slow.

I agree. Cancel the year and start again when you are well!

I hope he gets the rest he needs and that his health stays well, but this is only my 3rd concert in general for the year, and I've only actually seen 1 because 2 of them canceled. I scraped and saved my money to pay for them. I have a right to be upset.

I am so PISSED. First Moz canceled on me now them!!!

Quote:
DEPECHE MODE FORCED TO CANCEL APPEARANCE AT SHORELINE AMPHITHEATRE IN MOUNTAIN VIEW ON AUGUST 12TH DUE TO DOCTOR'S ORDERS

Depeche Mode has been forced to cancel their scheduled appearance on Wednesday, August 12th at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California due to doctor's orders that lead singer Dave Gahan be on complete vocal rest for 48 hours. Because of their busy schedule, a new Bay Area date will not be rescheduled this year.

"San Francisco is one of the most important cities to the band and we are devastated that we have been forced to cancel this date," said Dave Gahan. "We hope to be back soon to play for all of our fans in the area."

Refunds will be issued at point of purchase.

I am so over trying to go to concerts. I rarely go to any and the ones I try to go to get canceled!!

If you think you are mad, you should have heard my wife last night. She had PLANS!!! :) A pregnant redhead had plans to see her fave band! :crazy:

You do know Dave had a cancerous tumour removed in May, don't you? I was actually surprised when they continued the tour so quickly after the operation.

His cancer has nothing to do with this cancellation. Doctor's orders are for him to have vocal rest. Nothing about his bladder; which is where his cancer was.
And the quote has that they hope to be back soon...so maybe they will reschedule.

His cancer has nothing to do with this cancellation. Doctor's orders are for him to have vocal rest. Nothing about his bladder; which is where his cancer was.
And the quote has that they hope to be back soon...so maybe they will reschedule.

My reply was directed at Sicy calling Dave and Moz diva pussies for cancelling gigs due to health reasons, not the original post about the cancellation. I'm sick to my back teeth of this frigging negativity on these boards. :mad:

My reply was directed at Sicy calling Dave and Moz diva pussies for cancelling gigs due to health reasons, not the original post about the cancellation. I'm sick to my back teeth of this frigging negativity on these boards. :mad:

Speaking of the cancer surgery he had...There have been a lot of tour photos of Dave (on other sites) and I haven't seen any operation scar...nothing greatly obvious as one might expect. Wonder if they did "orthoscopy" type surgery through a few puncture holes rather than the big cut and stitches? Or is his scar under his "bikini" line?

But as to the cancellation...I hope he recovers well and is able to continue and reschedule as they have done for some others for next year. My wife thinks this may be the end of the road for them. Hopefully not.

Give me a break! I have a right to be pissed. This keeps happening to me.

If he had a cancerous tumor removed then he shouldn't be touring at all!

These type of comments, especially about Depeche, belong at DMMB...

As for the cancellations, I understand you have a right to be upset but thats a risk you take when going to concerts. You never know what's going to happen (illness etc...). If there's an illness, why should you get mad? That is out of anybodys hands. You should be concearned about the persons health especially if it happens to someone you like such as (Dave, Moz...). I dont know about you but when i heard the words Dave and "tumor" I was worried as hell.

Speaking of the cancer surgery he had...There have been a lot of tour photos of Dave (on other sites) and I haven't seen any operation scar...nothing greatly obvious as one might expect. Wonder if they did "orthoscopy" type surgery through a few puncture holes rather than the big cut and stitches? Or is his scar under his "bikini" line?

But as to the cancellation...I hope he recovers well and is able to continue and reschedule as they have done for some others for next year. My wife thinks this may be the end of the road for them. Hopefully not.

They rescheduled only the shows which are indoor venues, they will be the last 4 shows on the tour (february 2010).

and agree - hopefully not! :(

San Francisco is one of the most important cities to the band and we are devastated that we have been forced to cancel this date," said Dave Gahan.

er, why is SF one of the most important cities to the band?:confused:
Usual patronising shit by bands / artists....:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

These type of comments, especially about Depeche, belong at DMMB...

As for the cancellations, I understand you have a right to be upset but thats a risk you take when going to concerts. You never know what's going to happen (illness etc...). If there's an illness, why should you get mad? That is out of anybodys hands. You should be concearned about the persons health especially if it happens to someone you like such as (Dave, Moz...). I dont know about you but when i heard the words Dave and "tumor" I was worried as hell.

The reason it was canceled was because he has to 'rest his voice'. Probably for LA and San Diego. If the reason was because he was rushed to the hospital because of the cancer/tumor then yes that is major and I am pretty sure people would be less upset about the cancelation. Anyway, I was not the one that brought up the cancer thing. I am just upset that the show was canceled and I know some people here were going so I posted the thread.

Also, yes of course I like them, I have been a fan of both for 20+ years, but none of us are bffs with them or know them personally. Yes I am concerned and hope he will be ok. But the concern just simply isnt at the same level as it would be if were actually your family member or close friend was in the same predicament. Artists are artists to make music and provide entertainment and if they are not well, they shouldnt lead the fans on and should take care of themselves first.

I just think if it has not happened to you (generally speaking) its a lot easier to say 'get over it' etc. to other people.

San Francisco is one of the most important cities to the band and we are devastated that we have been forced to cancel this date," said Dave Gahan.

er, why is SF one of the most important cities to the band?:confused:
Usual patronising shit by bands / artists....:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Yes, lots of "we's" in that statement when it's all because of him.

The reason it was canceled was because he has to 'rest his voice'. Probably for LA and San Diego.

Yes a lot more money lost if he has to cancel the LA/southern California shows. San Fransisco isn't of much consequence.

Does Dave have a doctor traveling with him? Does he need a doctors not to cancel a gig. Doesn't he know himself if his voice/throat is not up to par?
Or is that more PR to make it sound better to the public.

Was anyone at the Seattle show, and did he sound crusty there?
Personally, I don't think Dave sings live very well at all. He pushes it/yells it to hard. Too many of those "Oh yeah"'s in between lines. I like his studio sound better.

Back
Top Bottom