Denver, CO - Mission Ballroom (Sep. 26, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Hairdresser On Fire / I Am Hated For Loving / Back On The Chain Gang / Morning Starship / The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get / Wedding Bell Blues / I Wish You Lonely / Lady Willpower / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / If You Don't Like Me Then Don't Look At Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / Everyday Is Like Sunday // How Soon Is Now?

(Songs known to have been played).

Setlist courtesy of Anon, @SuedeMoz, FWD & setlist.fm

Last edited:
Surface has never been to a show in his life as he doesnt really exist being a troll pseudonym.
The Skinny pseudonyms have many issues: Islam, depression and insanity being the main ones.:lbf:

Ah the dickhead strikes again. There is a message option for registered members of the site, so guess what, people discuss which gigs they are going to and sometimes arrange to meet up. So, I have met up with other people on this site at New Order, Morrissey, James and more recently Johnny Marr's Manchester gig.

Now, tell us which gigs you have attended when on day release from the window licking building?

Do you realise that your IP Hash shows that you are the same person posting multiple times about the same thing?

Do you realise that you (Surface) & Skinny & Benny & Eldritch (I've missed a few others I know but I can't be arsed) are the same poisonous people posting multiple times about the same thing?

Yawn...

Why would anybody in their right mind - except you - ever want to to know anything about MentalUnclePeter? He is nothing. You seem to be expending a lot of energy and anger defending someone who is routinely mocked and ridiculed on here - 99% of which is totally deserved.

Unless, of course, as most people suspect, you are Peter using yet another pseudonym.

Because Skinny was a massive Smiths/Morrissey fan in the past. Now that he has become pissed off with Morrissey, he is still allowed an opinion whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, just put him on ignore. Oh wait, you can't as you're a cowardly anon.

Do you realise that you (Surface) & Skinny & Benny & Eldritch (I've missed a few others I know but I can't be arsed) are the same poisonous people posting multiple times about the same thing?

Yawn...

So you would like a world where no one is allowed an opinion and what are the poisonous things I have posted? What prompted you to join the site in June?

Here's my thoughts on the show.

Super disappointing overall. This new venue can change it's size (with some creative stage tweaking) and it was shortened for this show. I've seen sold-out shows there and this was not one of them. The stage was moved closer to accommodate the smaller crowd. Even then, it was a poor turnout. I would guess maybe 1,700.

Girls were turned away for even having a small purse with them and they were pissed. The guards blamed it on "artist request" and then inside every drink had to be poured into a cup - again at the artist's request. That meant White Claw seltzers had to be poured into 2 plastic cups! The cans were just aluminum so I'm not sure what Moz was fussing about here. We wasted a ton of plastic last night :(

The crowd was horrible, but then Moz didn't give us much to be excited about. Most songs went over like lead balloons. No changes to the overall setlist - no surprises. Interpol were just O.K. - can see why they never had a real hit.

Moz's banter between songs was often confusing, contrived and odd. That didn't help the energy in the room. He even complained about the altitude affecting him - but everyone who comes here does that. Overall, if I'm honest, I have to say it was a major fail. I'm not sure I will go see him next time he's in town - not for the prices he's charging + $9 beers. I really hate to see one of my idols in such a sorry state - fading out. Sad.

The list as I remember it (not in order)

Alma
Paris
That Joke Isnt Funny
Bullfighter
Chain Gang
Lady W
Some Say Devil
Every Day is Like Sunday
Wedding Bell
Dont Look at Me
Jack the Ripper
Wish You Lonely
Hairdresser
Starship
Seasick
Find Out For Yourself

encore
HSIN

Super disappointing overall. This new venue can change it's size (with some creative stage tweaking) and it was shortened for this show. I've seen sold-out shows there and this was not one of them. The stage was moved closer to accommodate the smaller crowd. Even then, it was a poor turnout. I would guess maybe 1,700.

Girls were turned away for even having a small purse with them and they were pissed. The guards blamed it on "artist request" and then inside every drink had to be poured into a cup - again at the artist's request. That meant White Claw seltzers had to be poured into 2 plastic cups! The cans were just aluminum so I'm not sure what Moz was fussing about here. We wasted a ton of plastic last night :(

The crowd was horrible, but then Moz didn't give us much to be excited about. Most songs went over like lead balloons. No changes to the overall setlist - no surprises. Interpol were just O.K. - can see why they never had a real hit.

Moz's banter between songs was often confusing, contrived and odd. That didn't help the energy in the room. He even complained about the altitude affecting him - but everyone who comes here does that. Overall, if I'm honest, I have to say it was a major fail. I'm not sure I will go see him next time he's in town - not for the prices he's charging + $9 beers. I really hate to see one of my idols in such a sorry state - fading out. Sad.

Alma
Paris
That Joke Isnt Funny
Bullfighter
Chain Gang
Lady W
Some Say Devil
Every Day is Like Sunday
Wedding Bell
Dont Look at Me
Jack the Ripper
Wish You Lonely
Hairdresser
Starship
Seasick
Find Out For Yourself

encore
HSIN

So add to that hated for living and more you ignore. Anything else?

No one is here again. Crowd about 2/3 capacity at best. Wonderful CAIR and consquenceofsound were right again.
Shaming this Islamophobe is finally doing its job.
Cancel Culture is here. No one will be spared, until ALL bigots like Morrissey lose their power.
Twitter and social media has done more wonderful things for society than Morrissey's "veganism".

Of course the place is empty unless it’s LA or New York or Chicago Morrissey doesn’t draw large crowds anywhere else, the only reason people were at that show tonight because they thought they had purchased tickets to see Van Morrison. They thought they were gonna hear brown eyed girl but instead got Mozzers brown eyed asshole instead.

Of course the place is empty unless it’s LA or New York or Chicago Morrissey doesn’t draw large crowds anywhere else, the only reason people were at that show tonight because they thought they had purchased tickets to see Van Morrison. They thought they were gonna hear brown eyed girl but instead got Mozzers brown eyed asshole instead.

easy there with the sherry, Skinny.

Alma
Paris
That Joke Isnt Funny
Bullfighter
Chain Gang
Lady W
Some Say Devil
Every Day is Like Sunday
Wedding Bell
Dont Look at Me
Jack the Ripper
Wish You Lonely
Hairdresser
Starship
Seasick
Find Out For Yourself

encore
HSIN

Yikes! With all those great songs to choose from, this is the setlist he comes up with? What he needs to do is a Greatest Hits tour. Only two Smiths songs? I wonder if he's given up the Smiths franchise to Johnny Marr who continues to knock it out of the park with his versions.

Enoch was right

The More You Ignore Me...
In full: [deleted YT post].
Was removed by the user!!
Bit disappointing as it was full and sounded ok. I didn't even get the chance to rip the audio.

Interim list of known songs played added to setlist area of the OP - no confirmed full list or sequence yet.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom