Denver, CO - Ellie Caulkins Opera House (May 17, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Fatah Ruark

• Morrissey at Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, 5-17-14 (photos, review) by Ricardo Baca - Reverb (24 photos total). Link posted by CrystalGeezer.

denver.jpg
  • Morrissey was tackled onstage by a fan, but his long-delayed show was a triumph anyway by Josiah Hesse (4 photos by Eric Gruneisen) - Denver Westword blogs

Last edited:
Finished tracking out my recording. Confirmed the set list was exactly the same as SLC:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

MP3 download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!R48WQBIK!-5DnKPqI6A7wr2CefJQFcIc2b_Okyhz8b7JfPLgHplE

Bit Torrent download:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?torr=true&p=2020485

Getting banned from Morrissey concerts is quite the accomplishment.

Also, Ellie Caulkins is one of the founders of the Denver Opera, and yes she is wealthy. Her family helped start Vail Resorts.

Thank you very much! -MR

Thank you so much for posting the links, MozRecording. Now that I'm up and around after a very late night (for me), it's great to have this download to remember the show by.

This could have happened with any other fan, the fact is that this fan is Guillaume and this seems to be the true problem to you. The violence was not on stage but in your words."But didn't you see the Jealousy in the eyes of the ones who had to stay behind?".

This set list is terrible. There is a long stretch of his show where I might fall asleep :-(

Bullcrap. I was 3rows back and Liam security prevented Morrissey from falling into the crowd. He helped the situation. The French dude was a jerk all night and did not let go when he was being removed and pulled Morrissey with him.
I hope he isn't banned because Liam will kick his ass next time. Dumbass!!

Less than 30 comments with 5 saying a French guy who is a fan since ages made onstage

being pushed off by security "normally" is ok.
But saying is responsible of Morrissey fall is wrong.
Guillaume tried, then Liam bumped into Moz who falls. If Moz have been injured or pissed off to Guillaume he surely would have leave stage. They redo the song. MOZ saying "ok I will survive" laughing.
The arrongant French man as some of you said didn't steal any spot. He has a first row A ticket and was at his right place. After that he is who he is but he didn't grab Moz second, he touched him but surely didn't pull him down. That's fact. He's a nice guy and Morrissey SO LOW should know than. I spoke to him at the after show he was sorry about that, but honestly it's not the story of the year :) many real fans, americans, went to see him saying that he's out of this story of fall. Now you can be against France but World Peace ....

Bullcrap. I was 3rows back and Liam security prevented Morrissey from falling into the crowd. He helped the situation. The French dude was a jerk all night and did not let go when he was being removed and pulled Morrissey with him.
I hope he isn't banned because Liam will kick his ass next time. Dumbass!!

Agreed on all points. That is, if the other fans don't kick his ass first.

Guillaume should not be allowed up front. Last night he acted as if he owned the place. He butted into the front of the line, stole people's spots who had assigned seats in the pit, refused to move, and to top it off he had horrible breath. I was happy to see Jesse's reaction after. Guillaume is a total douche. Acted like one. Dressed like one. Even his "friends" wanted nothing to do with him after the show. He should be embarrassed and should never be allowed up front again. So happy Morrissey shook off that fall and didn't walk off. Bad Guillaume. Bad!

I'm not sure anyone mentioned this yet, but I was two people away from Guillaume and it was not Guillaume who jumped on stage. Also Guillaume had a front row A pit ticket two seats from mine so he did not push to the front he was standing where his seat was. Jessie wrongly accused and threatened Guillaume. Oh and most of his friends still wanted to be his friend after the show.

I'm sure some of you will criticize me for speaking the truth...so have your fun

Carol

Finished tracking out my recording. Confirmed the set list was exactly the same as SLC:

MP3 download:

Bit Torrent download:

Also, Ellie Caulkins is one of the founders of the Denver Opera, and yes she is wealthy. Her family helped start Vail Resorts.

Thanks for taking the time to track the recording.

I agree with the lets get with the NOW. Is it really worth it to possibly cause the concert plug to be pulled? The stage invaders need to GROW UP.

It's completely true. I don't know what these fans are thinking ,really. It's not like these shows are punk basement shows or taking place at a hole in the wall dive bar with some lecherous rock crawling band hurling cocktails in the air or shitting on people . People have grown up. I'm guessing some people upward of 40 might not even make it on the stage but the behavior itself of jumping up onto the stage seems like a college stunt for validation purposes , some kind of idiot show . Like a frat boy rite of passage. I really think this is ruining the experience for other people who are paying to attend these shows who run the risk of having the show ended all because of a few people who do not know how to conduct themself in public. Given the issues he had with cancelling previously there should be some gratitude that people are still willing to book these concerts. Why does someone need to act like an unenlightened jug head thug and ruin the experience for everyone else. It takes one time of a person who might be knocked over to fall down and have permanent damage to their spine . I don't need to give further examples.The violence of recent is not an act of love. It's not cute anymore. Please stop being selfish and have some respect for the people around you. It's just not the right context for this and it is not that type of show . If you want to be able to continue to attend shows then stop this disturbing behavior and stop hurting other people . If you don't have the common sense to do this then stay home or give your ticket to someone else who might like to have the opportunity. It is ridiculous. It is also inappropriate. GROW UP.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very lame set. Incredibly static tempo. "To Give" should never be played live, "One Day Goodbye..." as an encore is ridiculous, and I cannot begin to imagine why he's omitted "National Front Disco." I hope something changes by the time I see him next month.

Agree. Not to mention risking Moz's safety. Come on people! please! Im all for hugging Morrissey but not when it gets out of control and risks his safety.

QUOTE=Anonymous;1986836347]It's completely true. I don't know what these fans are thinking ,really. It's not like these shows are punk basement shows or taking place at a hole in the wall dive bar with some lecherous rock crawling band hurling cocktails in the air or shitting on people . People have grown up. I'm guessing some people upward of 40 might not even make it on the stage but the behavior itself of jumping up onto the stage seems like a college stunt for validation purposes , some kind of idiot show . Like a frat boy rite of passage. I really think this is ruining the experience for other people who are paying to attend these shows who run the risk of having the show ended all because of a few people who do not know how to conduct themself in public. Given the issues he had with cancelling previously there should be some gratitude that people are still willing to book these concerts. Why does someone need to act like an unenlightened jug head thug and ruin the experience for everyone else. It takes one time of a person who might be knocked over to fall down and have permanent damage to their spine . I don't need to give further examples.The violence of recent is not an act of love. It's not cute anymore. Please stop being selfish and have some respect for the people around you. It's just not the right context for this and it is not that type of show . If you want to be able to continue to attend shows then stop this disturbing behavior and stop hurting other people . If you don't have the common sense to do this then stay home or give your ticket to someone else who might like to have the opportunity. It is ridiculous. It is also inappropriate. GROW UP.[/QUOTE]

That's a very lame set. Incredibly static tempo. "To Give" should never be played live, "One Day Goodbye..." as an encore is ridiculous, and I cannot begin to imagine why he's omitted "National Front Disco." I hope something changes by the time I see him next month.

To Give is really beautiful, he sings it exquisitely. :squiffy: Not every song has to set off a riot.

The idiot who pulled Morrissey to the ground was Guillaume Metayer from
France. Totally out of order. Moz could have banged his head and been seriously injured. He will feel the pain soon.

Guillaume is a nasty person. So arrogant thinking he is better than everyone else. He thinks he is a favorite but oh no, the people here cannot stand him.

This could have happened with any other fan, but this time it was Guillaume and I think the problem you have is with him. The violence was not on stage but in your words. "But did you see Jealousy in the eyes of the ones who had to stay behind?".It's such a childish behaviour... I'm sure Morrissey doesn't give a damn!

Honest question. Who is Guillaume?

I usually know all the sycophants, but this one's new.

MP3 download:

Bit Torrent download:

I've transcribed the banter from this recording. I omitted some of the early thank you's. If he's this chatty every show then we're missing a lot of tidbits.

"If you're looking for trouble, you've come to the right place."
GLOVE
SPEED
GANG
JESUS
"That's very kind of you. You'll be pleased to know I'm now ready to convulse. So, for God's sake, stand back."
PARIS
"With all the many changes that are happening throughout the world, you might think the world is having a nervous breakdown. But it really isn't. It's getting better. People are waking up and being motivated. No more dictators. No more shit. So, do not be fooled into believing that world peace is none of your business."
WORLD
"And of course freedom is not just meant for humans. I drove past, today I drove past the Denver Zoo which hosts 4000 animals from around the globe, but I suppose all they should really say is 4000 trapped, unhappy, suicidal, unfree animals. THings must change. (Then he shouts something like "Free them" or "See them" I can't figure out.)
BLIND
"I have to confess, I have absolutely no idea who Elie Caulkins is, but I assume she was on Gilligan's Island or something. Yes? Do you know?(Pass the mic asking people who she is and nobody knows.) Are you American? Are you sure? Nothing? Somebody must know who she is, unless, unless of course like most very wealthy people they buy their own opera house…and…am I wrong Julia? (And Julia says "No, that's usually about the way things work.") "Thank you Julia." (And then he says something that may be "I knew I was right." but maybe not.)
PIGSTY (Lyric change during the final "I'm falling in love again"s he says "I am in love again.")
By some extraordinary twist of fate we are about to release a new CD, LP! And this song is called, if you care, this song is …do you care? (Crowd goes yay!) MMmmmmmm, how much? (Yay!) Well, next time you're in Target look out for my little CD, from which the Bullfighter dies."
BULLFIGHTER
"I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to laugh. (Matt counts out song with sticks and somebody missed their cue and band stops abruptly.) "Well, now I have a reason."
TO GIVE
"You're very understanding. Also today while I was driving in, I drove through Greeley, which is, which is of course the murder capital of Colorado…and if you don't believe me, ask a cow." (Crowd knows Greeley, they boo'd)
MIM
"Will you please put something together and welcome on keyboard, Gustavo Manzur. All the way from from somewhere on guitar, Jesse Tobias. Playing the drums, Matthew Walker. Playing the bass, Solomon Walker. And yonder, Boz Boorer."
SUNDAY
EARTH LONELY
"Are you feeling under the weather?"(crowd mumbling)"I'm still standing." (mumbling undecipherable banter)
TROUBLE
"Merci."
I KNOW SOMEDAY (with a crazy awesome sax outtro that's new to the tour or I just noticed)
ASLEEP
ONEDAY "…with my final brain cell…I'm alive. Jesse? What should we do now? I can take it." (Then they start the song over! :eek: He was almost two minutes in.)
"Thank you."

Honest question. Who is Guillaume?

He is French. Very French. Next time you spot someone on the barrier wearing a beret and stripey shirt, clutching a baguette, and wearing a string of onions around their neck - that's him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom