Denver, CO - Ellie Caulkins Opera House (May 17, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Fatah Ruark

• Morrissey at Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, 5-17-14 (photos, review) by Ricardo Baca - Reverb (24 photos total). Link posted by CrystalGeezer.

denver.jpg
  • Morrissey was tackled onstage by a fan, but his long-delayed show was a triumph anyway by Josiah Hesse (4 photos by Eric Gruneisen) - Denver Westword blogs

Last edited:
I think Jesse should leave the stage invaders alone as this is the second time he's shouted abuse at them. Morrissey loves his fans coming onto the stage to hug him, but Jesse doesn't have a clue what happens in a Morrissey concert :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Jesse should leave the stage invaders alone as this is the second time he's shouted abuse at them. Morrissey loves his fans coming onto the stage to hug him, but Jesse doesn't have a clue what happens in a Morrissey concert :crazy:

He cares about Morrissey a lot, normal reaction when you care about someone.

Guillaume should not be allowed up front. Last night he acted as if he owned the place. He butted into the front of the line, stole people's spots who had assigned seats in the pit, refused to move, and to top it off he had horrible breath. I was happy to see Jesse's reaction after. Guillaume is a total douche. Acted like one. Dressed like one. Even his "friends" wanted nothing to do with him after the show. He should be embarrassed and should never be allowed up front again. So happy Morrissey shook off that fall and didn't walk off. Bad Guillaume. Bad!

Great show. Moz kinda dissed on Colorado a bunch of times. I think the denver zoo is a great place for these animals . Greeley and target I don't go to either. Wish he'd change up his sets a bit. Knew what was coming

Guillaume should not be allowed up front. Last night he acted as if he owned the place. He butted into the front of the line, stole people's spots who had assigned seats in the pit, refused to move, and to top it off he had horrible breath. I was happy to see Jesse's reaction after. Guillaume is a total douche. Acted like one. Dressed like one. Even his "friends" wanted nothing to do with him after the show. He should be embarrassed and should never be allowed up front again. So happy Morrissey shook off that fall and didn't walk off. Bad Guillaume. Bad!

Morrissey's Tour Manager has his picture and will prevent him from attend future shows.

Guillaume has just been banned from attending future Morrissey shows. His actions last night has shown the management has had enough of him. Good.

Less than 30 comments with 5 saying a French guy who is a fan since ages made onstage being pushed off by security "normally" is ok.
But saying is responsible of Morrissey fall is wrong.
Guillaume tried, then Liam bumped into Moz who falls. If Moz have been injured or pissed off to Guillaume he surely would have leave stage. They redo the song. MOZ saying "ok I will survive" laughing.
The arrongant French man as some of you said didn't steal any spot. He has a first row A ticket and was at his right place. After that he is who he is but he didn't grab Moz second, he touched him but surely didn't pull him down. That's fact. He's a nice guy and Morrissey SO LOW should know than. I spoke to him at the after show he was sorry about that, but honestly it's not the story of the year :) many real fans, americans, went to see him saying that he's out of this story of fall. Now you can be against France but World Peace ....

You know Morrissey's music is not the style of music that you would even think would end up with violence. It seems that this is what has been happening a lot lately .It's all fine and well that Morrissey likes his fans to come on stage and hug him but it's stale now .The guy is getting older. This has gone on for years and the behavior is getting worse. It's time to grow up and stop allowing it .How is getting hugged by someone who jumped on stage showing any sort of adoration really? There are people getting injured. This from someone who is apparently against animal cruelty. It isn't a badge of honor to walk away injured .It's serious.Worse things can happen. Not only is his music not the type of music that warrants such VIOLENCE .It's even less appropriate at an opera house. It's disrespectful. I don't think security is to blame at all. It should not be encouraged. What kind of fans don't see that this man has aged? If Morrissey wants hugs and validation why not have a few meet and greets and actual interaction with fans in non concert environments? He doesn't. I don't see why superficially a hug at a concert is so great.It really means nothing .There are fans who grew up listening to him and then there are young people now. What happened years ago has a different context and relevance now . This stupid ritual should be stopped. Grow up, people . It's tired. It's not like you are at some punk show or some nonsense. Morrissey should also not encourage this .How could a person who claims to be a fan not even once think that well he is older now .A lot of people are. Maybe it's not OK for me to do this .You cannot blame this on security.The people who engage in it are to blame as well.

Guillaume has just been banned from attending future Morrissey shows. His actions last night has shown the management has had enough of him. Good.
Leave Guillaume alone, let Guillaume eat cake and enjoy himself at these Do's! I, for one,
adore him.

Finished tracking out my recording. Confirmed the set list was exactly the same as SLC:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

MP3 download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!R48WQBIK!-5DnKPqI6A7wr2CefJQFcIc2b_Okyhz8b7JfPLgHplE

Bit Torrent download:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?torr=true&p=2020485

Getting banned from Morrissey concerts is quite the accomplishment.

Also, Ellie Caulkins is one of the founders of the Denver Opera, and yes she is wealthy. Her family helped start Vail Resorts.

You know Morrissey's music is not the style of music that you would even think would end up with violence. It seems that this is what has been happening a lot lately .It's all fine and well that Morrissey likes his fans to come on stage and hug him but it's stale now .The guy is getting older. This has gone on for years and the behavior is getting worse. It's time to grow up and stop allowing it .How is getting hugged by someone who jumped on stage showing any sort of adoration really? There are people getting injured. This from someone who is apparently against animal cruelty. It isn't a badge of honor to walk away injured .It's serious.Worse things can happen. Not only is his music not the type of music that warrants such VIOLENCE .It's even less appropriate at an opera house. It's disrespectful. I don't think security is to blame at all. It should not be encouraged. What kind of fans don't see that this man has aged? If Morrissey wants hugs and validation why not have a few meet and greets and actual interaction with fans in non concert environments? He doesn't. I don't see why superficially a hug at a concert is so great.It really means nothing .There are fans who grew up listening to him and then there are young people now. What happened years ago has a different context and relevance now . This stupid ritual should be stopped. Grow up, people . It's tired. It's not like you are at some punk show or some nonsense. Morrissey should also not encourage this .How could a person who claims to be a fan not even once think that well he is older now .A lot of people are. Maybe it's not OK for me to do this .You cannot blame this on security.The people who engage in it are to blame as well.

Small injuries can cause way bigger problems for people later on and permanent damage it is a serious matter. This is a ritual that should just stop and has seen it's time.In terms of safety it's just not even smart. If Morrissey is going to walk off stage because of this then maybe some efforts should be made to stop this idiotic behavior or prevent it . It shouldn't be happening anyways. What kind of stupid fan idiots can't get this? It's not just as simple as oh someone fell down or this or that. The action itself is not called for and it is dangerous to the lives of others. If you choose to engage in this behavior you are hurting other people as well.His fan base is aging along with him and while there are young people as well let's be in the NOW shall we? It's rude.

Does anyone know about what time Morrissey actually takes the stage????

Leave Guillaume alone, let Guillaume eat cake and enjoy himself at these Do's! I, for one,
adore him.

He should be deported immediately and permanently barred from returning to America. Trash like this needs to be dealt with and any violence towards Morrissey should be quickly neutralized.

Morrissey's personal security has dropped the ball again and again. They will ultimately be responsible for injuries to fans and band members. I believe the security staff should be equipped with tasers and batons.

This needs to be dealt with before he returns to the UK or things may even get worse.

The Mad Brewer

Can't we give Jesse a piece of our mind for having tackled Smiths and Morrissey songs to the ground night after night? One day Jesse, your wank face solos and butchered notes will be farewell. How you've lasted this long is beyond 80+% of Moz fans. Maybe the fan overzealously brought Moz down begging him to ditch Jesse????

Seriously though, Jesse Is Murder.

This is quite the interesting tour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom