Denver, CO - Ellie Caulkins Opera House (May 17, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Fatah Ruark

• Morrissey at Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, 5-17-14 (photos, review) by Ricardo Baca - Reverb (24 photos total). Link posted by CrystalGeezer.

denver.jpg
  • Morrissey was tackled onstage by a fan, but his long-delayed show was a triumph anyway by Josiah Hesse (4 photos by Eric Gruneisen) - Denver Westword blogs

Last edited:
Where to start?

Not completely sure, but I believe tonight's set list was the exact same as SLC. He began ODGWBF and was tackled around the second chorus. He got up, said he was alive, asked Jesse what he should do, Jesse said to let Sol decide. At which point, Sol began playing the song over again. Another woman got up and hugged him. He ended the song and ran off the stage. There did not appear to be security really working this venue.

The venue seemed unsure of how to handle this type of event. They refused to let us take pictures, saw several folks looking over their shoulders in attempts to snap the photos. I was in an aisle seat which I had a foot hanging over the line when one of the ushers asked me to keep my foot on the other side. Moz had his own crew preventing a tackle versus any type of bouncers.

I also saw a dude with braids and a Rockies jacket lecture some women about talking. The ladies actually left -- which I hope they didn't end up leaving completely. So anyway, shame on him for being a dick. Super happy for the religious experience he appeared to be having, but don't think chasing people off was okay.

Moz appeared into the performance, and Denver responded well. Kristeen Young was shrill and bratty.

Someone on twitter has a nice camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good show. Had a nice seat in the front row of the loge. Very nice people around me too, who were generally pretty mellow.

Thought it was interesting that Jesse stormed over to the fool that tackled Morrissey and gave him a piece of his mind.

Recorded the entire show and it sounds pretty good. Sure would be nice if Moz would adopt the Grateful Dead style of allowing fans to record...but I'm guessing the chances of that are pretty slim.

Here are the new songs:

https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/morrissey-world-peace-is-none-of-your-businesss

https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/morrissey-the-bullfighter-dies

https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/morrissey-earth-is-the-loneliest-planet-live

I'll share the entire recording soon via a HTML download and Bit Torrent.

EDIT: Almost forgot to add...I freaking can't stand Kristeen Young...god she is horrible at best.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wish I stayed in the lobby for Young's set.

The set is what is is - nothing different, the same abbreviated set as last night. But a weak Moz set is still a good show.

I was sure that when Moz fell, that was it for the rest of the song, so I was quite surprised they started over. I saw Jesse go yell at the guy, but Moz falling was largely due to security strongly pulling the invader off him. The invader was probably a bit too overzealous, but I don't think he flat-out tackled Moz.

The idiot who pulled Morrissey to the ground was Guillaume Metayer from
France. Totally out of order. Moz could have banged his head and been seriously injured. He will feel the pain soon.

Guillaume is a nasty person. So arrogant thinking he is better than everyone else. He thinks he is a favorite but oh no, the people here cannot stand him.

Yeah, I wish I stayed in the lobby for Young's set.

The set is what is is - nothing different, the same abbreviated set as last night. But a weak Moz set is still a good show.

I was sure that when Moz fell, that was it for the rest of the song, so I was quite surprised they started over. I saw Jesse go yell at the guy, but Moz falling was largely due to security strongly pulling the invader off him. The invader was probably a bit too overzealous, but I don't think he flat-out tackled Moz.

The stage invader was aggressive! He was totally to blame for all this!

I don't know this Guillaume person, but I was not impressed by security, and his overzealous effort pretty much wrecked it for anyone else meaning to politely take the stage during One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell. I'm still pissed off about how that all went down.

Has he been taking his shirt off this tour?

France. Totally out of order. Moz could have banged his head and been seriously injured. He will feel the pain soon.

Guillaume is a nasty person. So arrogant thinking he is better than everyone else. He thinks he is a favorite but oh no, the people here cannot stand him.

I was there in the pit on the middle to left hand of the stage and I agree with your comment. That stupid fan wouldn't let go off Morrissey and he was going to pull him into the crowd if it weren't for the 2 security men who have to be applauded for averting a disaster!

I was there in the pit on the middle to left hand of the stage and I agree with your comment. That stupid fan wouldn't let go off Morrissey and he was going to pull him into the crowd if it weren't for the 2 security men who have to be applauded for averting a disaster!

All of this is doing absolutely nothing to help me rationalize my hatred for the French.

I guess I didn't have a great angle on it - it looked to me like security helped bring Moz down, but it sounds like that wasn't the case.

Guillaume, It Was Really Nothing

I am so so happy to read this. He's indeed a nasty and arrogant person, I've always said so.

I don't believe anything posted by anonymous posters but it's good he carried on with the show, that doesn't happen very often.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom