Demi Lovoto wears The Smiths

Josh sends the image of Demi Lovato at the X-Factor finalist party on Nov. 4, 2013 in Los Angeles:

demi-lovato-leather-pants-x-factor-party-1106-10-435x580.jpg

nice,is she really a smiths fan or is she trying to be cool,i say trying : ))

Perhaps she's a real fan. Let's condemn her anyway!

SHe might just be a How Soon Is Now fan but the publicity is free. :D

Of course she is trying to be cool. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. I wonder if she even went out and bought this for herself. My young bones groan.

Why would an X-Factor finalist wear a Smiths t-shirt to appear "cool"? The last time I checked with the mainstream media, The Smiths were as under-appreciated as ever, and Morrissey (the guy whose face adorns her t-shirt, in case you didn't notice...) had become something of a laughing stock ("Pope of Mope", "racist", "miserable twat", etc). God forbid somebody who likes to dress fashionably might actually like The Smiths for their music!

I could type something really obnoxious but it seems you guys have it covered so far. Well done :)

- marred.

Why would an X-Factor finalist wear a Smiths t-shirt to appear "cool"? The last time I checked with the mainstream media, The Smiths were as under-appreciated as ever, and Morrissey (the guy whose face adorns her t-shirt, in case you didn't notice...) had become something of a laughing stock ("Pope of Mope", "racist", "miserable twat", etc). God forbid somebody who likes to dress fashionably might actually like The Smiths for their music!

The mainstream media are a great source arent they? :rolleyes: As far as I'm concerned, they are the laughing stock.

The mainstream media are a great source arent they? :rolleyes: As far as I'm concerned, they are the laughing stock.

I don't disagree with you. But where do these kinda of people that you guys are criticisng for not being real Smiths fans get their ideas of what's "cool", if not through the mainstream media?

I don't disagree with you. But where do these kinda of people that you guys are criticisng for not being real Smiths fans get their ideas of what's "cool", if not through the mainstream media?

Exactly my point. They didn’t get it from the mainstream media because the mainstream media never gave The Smiths or Morrissey the proper mention unless it was negative. Have you heard any mention of Morrissey’s book in the mainstream media? These peeps hire “Stylists” to make them look cool. It could have been a New York Dolls shirt. I’m not against it; any time people can see something and be reminded of The Smiths or Morrissey is fine by me.

Perhaps she's a real fan. Let's condemn her anyway!

We should be encouraging her. Maybe Moz will be an influence so she won't do dumb stuff anymore like "Let Me Give Your Heart a Break" X-factor or Sunny w/ a Chance.

Exactly my point. They didn’t get it from the mainstream media because the mainstream media never gave The Smiths or Morrissey the proper mention unless it was negative. Have you heard any mention of Morrissey’s book in the mainstream media? These peeps hire “Stylists” to make them look cool. It could have been a New York Dolls shirt. I’m not against it; any time people can see something and be reminded of The Smiths or Morrissey is fine by me.

Ah, I get you. Sorry, I was mistakenly under the impression that you were being a snarky defensive fan, as I've gotten so used to seeing around here whenever somebody young and/or fashoinable seems to present themselves as a Morrissey fan! You're theory could very well be the case. It's somewhat cynical, but entirely likely. I like to think that she really is a fan though, as very well she could be.

well she does have a history of psychological issues, so maybe she is down with the smiths. however, if morrissey saw this, i think it would give him a hearrrrrrrrttttt attttttttttttttttack

i once saw an urban outfitters smith shirt, with craig gannon and no marr. it was a pic from moz early solo. don't know why it said 'smiths'

hillary duff used to wear a Smiths tee all the time and she is pop.

this doesn't shock me, as much as, seeing a latino wearing a Smiths shirt.

I live in jersey and would stop dead in my tracks if I saw a person of Mexican descent wearing a Smiths tee. the whole west coast Latino fanbase still baffles me.

A young firl in my workplace wore a Stone Roses t-shirt for work the other day.....I put the Stone Roses on and she said "What's this?? Turn this shit off!"......just saying

Back
Top Bottom