Delay of Auto Biography. The second sign

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2012 (read-only)' started by Jeff196, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Jeff196

Jeff196 Junior Member

Was to come out at Christmas. Now its not clear. It will come out during next summer's reunion. This is the second sign.

2. mcrickson

mcrickson Reckless Endangerment

Okay, sacred harbinger.

3. Jeff196

Jeff196 Junior Member

The Third Sign:

Alain's services no longer required.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

....and if there is no summer reunion?????

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The delay is the autobiography IS very interesting. Could it be that Morrissey is holding out because the last chapter remains unwritten or that a reunion would, in fact, change an autobiography that is currently written? The story, the Smiths story, is, perhaps, not over? I mean, why the delay? There's no reason for it, unless, instead of The Smiths story not being over, in fact, the Morrissey story is not over, which is far more interesting, anyway. Who knows. Whatever. Conspiracy theories suck unless they become true one day, and they rarely do. But it is a tad interesting.

6. PregnantForTheLastTime

PregnantForTheLastTime Hideous trait.

While some books go directly from the hard drive of their authors to print in a very short time, books of quality do not. From the time Morrissey would turn in his completed manuscript, it would need a minimum of two or three months of editorial review, followed by an equal amount of time for him to revise it. Assuming it was ready to go at that point, it would then go to copyediting for a couple of months, with again an equal amount of time for him to approve copyedits. At some point, it will be reviewed by the publisher's legal team as well. Then it goes to production, is designed, and page proofs are created, and the author, editor, and copyeditor go over the whole thing again. Adding up this time, you can see that the editorial process can take well over a year.

I'm just saying that this is not going to be some quickie e-book, and it will take some time. And, as I've mentioned before, no deal has been announced, which means there may not even be a contract for the book. It's possible that he's working with an editor in private, but in general it sounds like we're at least a year away from a pub date. It's not a sign of anything other than the glacial pace of the publishing industry.

7. 123xyz

123xyz Well-Known Member Subscriber

8. CrystalGeezer

CrystalGeezer My secret's my enzyme.

Hey! That's my schtick. :p

9. 123xyz

123xyz Well-Known Member Subscriber

:lbf:

10. jdbabz

jdbabz Member

It happens all the time that the projected publishing date doesn't match the actual date of publication/release. Your delusions are impressive :squiffy: