Delay between registering and posting

Dave2006

There seems to have been a spate of banned users reregistering and then running amok before getting banned again. And again. and....

I'm sure that some sites have a period between registering before you can post something, or that your first few posts are delayed before appearing.

Is this a possibility on solo? What are the pros and cons of this?

What problems would the delay cause? I doubt there are any non users that come up with startling new insights or news that can't wait a few hours, or days before the rest of us see them.

Dave

for your interest

There seems to have been a spate of banned users reregistering and then running amok before getting banned again. And again. and....

I'm sure that some sites have a period between registering before you can post something, or that your first few posts are delayed before appearing.

Is this a possibility on solo? What are the pros and cons of this?

What problems would the delay cause? I doubt there are any non users that come up with startling new insights or news that can't wait a few hours, or days before the rest of us see them.

Dave

Site adminstrator does not like to spoil new users' chance of posting forums.

Don't worry about it, one or two indivisuals cause havoc in the forums.
The mods keep eye on those issues.

Kewpie is right. Unless there's very good reason for thinking that a new user might be a spammer, for instance, or they are a banned user returning with a very obvious name, then we wait for users to post before doing anything. Who knows? One day one of our prolific trolls might post something worth reading.

Peter

Don't worry about it, one or two indivisuals cause havoc in the forums.
The mods keep eye on those issues.

I'm sure you have better things to be doing...

Who knows? One day one of our prolific trolls might post something worth reading.

Peter

I won't hold my breath.

Keep up the good work

Dave

Back
Top Bottom