Def Leppard - We don't get as much respect as Morrissey

I wouldn't call it "Respect" exactly.

:straightface:

...Now, true, I'm not sure I remember who Def Lep are, but if they're jealous because some BS:crazy: anorak journalists who probably send homemade jam and personalized embroidered mats to Ms Dwyer on her birthday don't mention their mas to Brian Hovercraft...

:lbf:

I mean, Helloooooooooooooo?:cool:

:crazy:

...I got this letter in the post this morning. Addressed to the N M E. Must be a mistake.:confused:

Dear New Malamut Express,

My name's Barking. I've been in the phenomenally original band Barking and the Barkettes for more than 38 years now. I like to think of myself as a total has (or "have"? Never knew that) -been, or at the very least, a tedious old bore people can't wait to see the back of. And yet, I get no respect. No respect at all, whereas other has ("have"?) been ("s"?) like Macca and Mozza get plenty all the time and even get some (you know what I mean) from women like that phenomenally original hot chick Lady Gaga. Given that the music press is largely a Thing of the Past, I feel that's where I belong, in your columns. I too want to waste paper and ink and help boost your dwindling circulation by featuring in articles read largely by obsessed wanking tossers still living at their mum's. The BBC lets Morrissey do radio shows and complain about Music Magazines like a Parkinsonian Model Maker, I am perfectly able to make a dribbling fool of myself too. I still have fans, you know. The UK has no respect for its national treasures. I'll change my name to Barkka and my sexual orientation if it helps but please don't forget us or our major hit, "Barking around the Christmas tree" (Croydon number 1 xmas '78) (good times).

Yours mediawhoredly

Baba.

what the- :crazy: ???

Last edited:
AC/DC have sold more copies of Back in Black than Morrissey has sold his entire catalog and they are fn terrible :sick:

AC/DC have sold more copies of Back in Black than Morrissey has sold his entire catalog and they are fn terrible :sick:

One should draw a distinction here: AC/DC is a great band, but they're repulsive because they represent masculinity in its most degraded and disgusting form.

Which isn't always a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Whoa!

I stand corrected. :squiffy:

Let's put it differently. AC/DC deserves a modicum of respect because their musicianship is inversely proportionate to the quality of their souls.

There's room in the world for a band like that. For The Mentors or Def Leppard, eh, not so much. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, if "Back In Black" hasn't sent chills down your spine at least once or twice in your life you may be a department store mannequin. :)

Let's put it differently. AC/DC deserves a modicum of respect because their musicianship is inversely proportionate to the quality of their souls.

In all seriousness, if "Back In Black" hasn't sent chills down your spine at least once or twice in your life you may be a department store mannequin. :)

I agree: AC/DC are a great band, and I can't stand them.

Sorry, a bit late to this discussion.

My dad got relocated to a real redneck part of the US about the same time their album Hysteria came out. 1987(?)

I can tell you every single toothless, imbred hillbilly I ran into absolutely adored that album. It was literally the hick soundtrack for that year.

Quote...

"Rock’s ploughed its own furrow for 30 years but still music magazines don’t give rock its due and still rave on about Nick Drake. How many more front covers do Paul McCartney and Morrissey need? Our album will sell more than Morrissey’s so why don’t we get the same kind of respect?"

Full story/link here. Thanks to our roving reporter for this.

Peter

Cause to be a best-selling album is totally different of being a good album. That's why.

Back
Top Bottom