Deerhunter Really, Really Dislike Morrissey And The Smiths - buzzfeed.com

Is Deerhunter a band? :squiffy:

That's as mindlessly silly as me despising Henry Rollins for hating Morrissey. Anyway, someone should tell him Morrissey disowned that piece of writing long ago.

Not that I really care about Bradford Cox's opinions on music but isn't that the most trivial way to judge a band or a particular artist? I mean, let's face it, The Ramones were at their peak on their first record.

And who can really argue with Morrissey's point in that old article? The New York Dolls and Patti Smith WERE much more interesting than the one-dimensional Ramones.

Perhaps Bradford is just being petty for the sake of being petty since Smiths admiration is kinda in vogue right now.

That's how people grow up...this from the same person who put Judy Is A Punk on Under The Influence.

P.

I also remember him saying that he had come to the conclusion, after years of adoring them as a teenager, that the New York Dolls were "absolute stenchers"...this was, maybe, in the 80s, some interview.

I remember another interview, a video, Smiths-era, where he talked about how he looked back on so many of the songs and singers he had loved as a kid and could not think why he'd ever cared.

Seriously. Not making this up.

Funny how the Buzzfeed article keeps circling back to Moz and The Smiths even though Bradford starts the talk with his band (Deerhunter) and its Americaness (compairs to REM). Once The Smiths are mentioned ....... every idea brought up gets sucked into the "I hate Moz " pit. I actually giggle when when he says his new record "Monomania" is better than ANY Smiths work !!! Even slags on Marr's guitar playing !

Reminds me of a young Alice Cooper with the look he gives off during the Fallon performance . Keep working your craft Bradford . Not yet up to snuff but may-be in a few more years.

Agree with Uncleskinny and Skylarker that ideas expressed in the rush of youth should be given MUCH slack when we become adults. People change with the burdens of life . How we become much like the up bringing we use to rail about when we were kids.

I've never heard a single song by Deerhunter, but, based on that picture, I'm probably not missing much.

Also, I have no idea what Morrissey said about the Ramones, but you can still like their music and realize they were/are a bunch of idiots and/or assholes for the most part.
I still like their music.

I think Morrissey can be a f***ing shortsighted idiot/asshole sometimes, too... And yet, somehow, I can still manage to appreciate him/his music, because I'm not a petulant little 8th grade brat (like Deerhunter. And Morrissey)... THAT'S REAL LOVE, HONEY. Morrissey can fart in my face, and if it stinks, I'll be all like , "Baby, that shit is nasty! You need to do that somewhere else privately!", but I also don't wanna break up with him over it, and I get over it, because maybe he didn't realize it was gonna smell that bad, even if he intentionally cut the cheese all loud because he thought it'd be funny. I know he cares about me because he would never fart in front of other people like that. I mean, unless he starts eating broccoli and fartin' @ me just to be nasty and upset me, it's almost like he's saying he loves me back when he farts... What we talkin' 'bout?

Anyway, based on the photos and the excerpt above it, this guy sounds like a some little bitch in high school who puts way too much importance on WUT BANDS U LIKE.

Well I think they're a really good band but the singer is a bit of a twat..... And life goes on. I will check out his solo stuff too but am looking forward to their new LP.

I hope the singer does the honourable thing with any royalties and buy some food

To hate somebody (in this case The Smiths) so obsessively you have to also truly love them = the twerp is a big fan in denial/seeking publicity

“This is not an article about Morrissey, as much as he'd like it to be, as much as I'm allowing him to permeate the air with his foul and fey musk.”

Deerhunter Really, Really Dislike Morrissey And The Smiths - Buzzfeed

Excerpt -

The first thing I ever tell someone when they ask me about my distaste for The Smiths and Morrissey, it's always, well, have you ever read Morrissey's description of The Ramones? If I ever meet that guy…whatever! He makes me want to wear fur. There are Smiths tunes that I find more acceptable than others, but I'd rather just not hear any of them. Frankly, all it took was that one criticism of The Ramones to permanently…you know, if you want to be on that side of the fence, cool....

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey admitted his mistake, he said e was just angry bevause new york dolls were getting the attention, just a silly outburst wjen he was a teenager he doesn't think that now.

He thinks there great.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom