'Death of D. Dancer' let's get some video up folks!

um. maybe the reason the video isn't up yet is because it's a mediocre song, at best, done in a mediocre manner, and judging from last night in vegas, it's done when is morrissey standing in darkness (really? why no spotlight? is moz singing it in the dark supposed to add to this song?) basically, if you're gonna do a smiths song, there's like 20 better ones to do that he's not doing. and the performance of it has been awful. so thankfully there is no video of this mistake...

Now I'm willing to slag off medicore and overrated Smiths songs at any opportunity, but DOADD is a quality tune. Great lyrics considering what was to come in 1988/1989 in the cesspool that is Whitworth Street here in Manchester.

um. maybe the reason the video isn't up yet is because it's a mediocre song, at best, done in a mediocre manner, and judging from last night in vegas, it's done when is morrissey standing in darkness (really? why no spotlight? is moz singing it in the dark supposed to add to this song?) basically, if you're gonna do a smiths song, there's like 20 better ones to do that he's not doing. and the performance of it has been awful. so thankfully there is no video of this mistake...

Agreed.

(When I saw the set list I thought of ALL songs to pick why Disco Dancer...)

death of a disco dancer is the greatest song.
i mean the shit is deep. not all his songs can influence bands like um death cab for cutie or whatever.

Its a good song but I agree that there are better Smiths songs in the catalogue.​

"Death of a Disco Dancer" is a superb song. Good lyrics, well sung, a little bit eerie, and then the instrumental section is one of the best things the Smiths ever did - I get chills just thinking about it.

Is Death of a Disco Dancer actually rubbish? Or is it fantastic?
Well, thanks to Houdini's wonderful poll we no longer need to have these circular discussions!
It's one of very few Smiths songs to have scored less than 8 out of 10.
Doesn't mean it's awful (it's a similar calibre to Lucky Lisp and Alma Matters) but it cannot really be considered a Smiths 'classic'.
To be honest, like the late John Peel, I've never thought much of it. Sounds quite different to the average Marr compositionand features Moz tinkling the ivories, but doesn't really have much more to recommend it (in my humble)...

"Death of a Disco Dancer" is a superb song. Good lyrics, well sung, a little bit eerie, and then the instrumental section is one of the best things the Smiths ever did - I get chills just thinking about it.

I agree entirely. I especially love the drums.
It resembles nothing The Smiths had done before.

So because it's not seen as a classic Morrissey shouldn't sing it?

Bit of a contradiction when most of the moaning on this site seems to be that he doesn't sing enough different songs isn't it?

Before you post a thread, search youtube first, lazy bethy.
Thank you very much for your consideration. :D

Ahhh,,but have you seen the nonsense that comes up when you look for it on youtube AND still can't find Moz doing it.

Ahhh,,but have you seen the nonsense that comes up when you look for it on youtube AND still can't find Moz doing it.

You haven't tried hard enough.

If you ask a favour from others, it would be nice to ask politely and add "please".

Post your footage?
Who cares.

You haven't tried hard enough.

If you ask a favour from others, it would be nice to ask politely and add "please".

Post your footage?
Who cares.

Eh? I haven't asked for a favour nor have I any footage to post.
:confused:

There are some very strange cover versions of Disco Dancer though

Back
Top Bottom