Death In June

I sure am... but I guess not a big enough fan to know he was touring. Where/when?

Full disclosure: my old cds were lost several moves ago; all I have left is Oh How We Laughed. Next year I'll squat on eBay looking for cheap vinyl!

edit: Ah I just found the new blog site with the dates... all on continents I can't drive to from here. I hope you get to go.

Last edited:
According to the Yahoo! group they've been touring for a couple of months now. They are heading to Prague, Oslo, Helsinki, Brest, Milano, Waregem, and finally London. DI6 has quite the hard time getting shows in the States. I'd love to see them haha. This is rumored to be their last tour.

I sure am... but I guess not a big enough fan to know he was touring. Where/when?

Full disclosure: my old cds were lost several moves ago; all I have left is Oh How We Laughed. Next year I'll squat on eBay looking for cheap vinyl!

edit: Ah I just found the new blog site with the dates... all on continents I can't drive to from here. I hope you get to go.

Also, OWHL is a great great album, one that I'd love to keep over others. My favorite release would have to be But, What Ends When the Symbols shatter, though, I first heard it when I was 16 and fell in love.

I am a big DI6 fan, but an even bigger Current 93 fan.
I like many of the artists typically associated with C93/DI6 both as well (NWW, Boyd Rice, PTV, etc.)

Still, C93 is usually what I go for when I'm in the mood for "that stuff".

I am a big DI6 fan, but an even bigger Current 93 fan.
I like many of the artists typically associated with C93/DI6 both as well (NWW, Boyd Rice, PTV, etc.)

Still, C93 is usually what I go for when I'm in the mood for "that stuff".

Ah, great! C93 is one of my favorite bands as well. I think I like DI6 more because I found them before C93. Had it been the other way around, I don't doubt me placing DI6 second. What do you think of Honeysuckle Aeons?

Funny you should say that, because I heard C93 first, which could explain a lot.

I haven't had a chance to hear Honeysuckle Aeons yet, but it's certainly on the mental "to-hear" list....... So much music, so little money (not that I don't download music all the time, but I do like to own physical formats when I can afford to buy them).

It's very unfortunate that a lot of DI6, but even more so, C93 releases, even recent pressing are somewhat prohibitively expensive on websites like eBay and Discogs... There are plenty of albums that will probably never make it out of my Wantlist.:lbf:

Haha how funny. I thought it was one of the weakest releases musically, as of yet. But as usual Tibet's poetry is still incredible.

Very true. Most of those releases (DI6, C93, NWW, NAO, LJDLP) all go for more money than the ordinary person would like to spend. I feel that that specific circle of artists dispense their music esoterically in a way, as if they purposely make it merely physically inaccessible. The thing about DI6 is that when I find out that a new edition, package, or preorder for a remaster, box set, what have you, has been released, I'm weeks late on it. Then I'm left to eBay to duke it out with all of the other "abandoned" fans haha.

have not seen them in years, but really like them :)
in related news, have you heard this

I love this band and it was cool to find out that they appreciate DI6 :guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
RB rolls eyes at Madcap's post - the people reading this are all well-read enough to know that what "They" say about Douglas's politics is far from accurate.

Lost touch with DI6 after the strife with the Pigs - still listen to Take Care/Hummingbird, TWTS, Brown Book, Sacrifice and Guilty Have No Past (please note) often!

Back
Top Bottom