David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcast

Re: David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcas

What does he say, exactly? Can't skip the audio on my phone.

Re: David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcas

i dont think they NEED it either but i dont care if they do get in and would probably be pleased when they do. what the rarhof is will change with every generation and i see it as a historical record of rock and pop music, popular music and its effect of the populace, rather than it holding some allegiance to a specific genre brand of music such as classic rock. i dont have any resentment towards the rock and roll etc and so wouldnt mind seeing them inducting the smiths. its not something to be upset about in the slightest or something to be against in my mind.

This must be about the second or third time the RNRHOF has crosed my mind in my entire life. It's not big on my list. I was just expressing my opinion on The Smiths' possible inclusion that will never happen. It doesn't bother me that some would want it to happen but you can file it under pigs flying and the Pope turning to atheism.

This must be about the second or third time the RNRHOF has crosed my mind in my entire life. It's not big on my list. I was just expressing my opinion on The Smiths' possible inclusion that will never happen. It doesn't bother me that some would want it to happen but you can file it under pigs flying and the Pope turning to atheism.

i guess well see. i had lot of fun when i was there gawking at guitars and photos. as for the smiths not being commercial, that seems way off to me. i feel like i sorta know what youre getting at maybe but i mean they made commercials for the various products they sold to the public at large. to me thats being commercial outright

i guess well see. i had lot of fun when i was there gawking at guitars and photos. as for the smiths not being commercial, that seems way off to me. i feel like i sorta know what youre getting at maybe but i mean they made commercials for the various products they sold to the public at large. to me thats being commercial outright

There's probably something lost in translation, commercial here would refer to your Boyzone's, One Direction's, etc. Basically, where the money is key and the art isn't even an after thought. Where the marketing is the product.

There's probably something lost in translation, commercial here would refer to your Boyzone's, One Direction's, etc. Basically, where the money is key and the art isn't even an after thought. Where the marketing is the product.

thats what i was guessing but i didnt want to presume. that i agree with but i also dont think all the bands/artists i saw in the rock and roll hall of fame were commercial in that sense either

Never....hmmmm....sounds like an interesting bet. I would be willing to bet a few shillings on that....with the right odds of course :cool:

Hey Charlie, something tells me you might have spent some time on both sides of the pond. You are the #1 Solo English to English translator :thumb:

Hey Charlie, something tells me you might have spent some time on both sides of the pond. You are the #1 Solo English to English translator :thumb:

No, I'm terrified of flying so rarely get too far. My wife works away a fair bit and next year she's due to go to New York so I said if that happens we'll all come with her for once and make a holiday out of it. I think that's only six hours or so and I've always wanted to go.

I love how with English the same words can have so many connotations, especially with a bit of a difference of culture thrown in.

No, I'm terrified of flying so rarely get too far. My wife works away a fair bit and next year she's due to go to New York so I said if that happens we'll all come with her for once and make a holiday out of it. I think that's only six hours or so and I've always wanted to go.

I love how with English the same words can have so many connotations, especially with a bit of a difference of culture thrown in.

You have to visit NY city! If there is one place in America to visit that would be it. So many cultures and activities all in one place. Sounds like you have a very successful wife...I need to get me one of those :D

You have to visit NY city! If there is one place in America to visit that would be it. So many cultures and activities all in one place. Sounds like you have a very successful wife...I need to get me one of those :D

Yes, she's doing really well. She teaches but her students have a year's work placement and can be anywhere in the World so the Lecturers have to do a few trips a year to make sure they're alright. Usually it's just London but she gets a week in Paris every year so it's not all bad!

Never....hmmmm....sounds like an interesting bet. I would be willing to bet a few shillings on that....with the right odds of course :cool:

I can afford to win a few shillings. Are shillings still viable currency?

- - - Updated - - -

The Smiths made commercials for their products? We're talking about the band The Smiths right, not some toy factory or something?

I can afford to win a few shillings. Are shillings still viable currency?

- - - Updated - - -

The Smiths made commercials for their products? We're talking about the band The Smiths right, not some toy factory or something?

yes im talking about the band. dont know what you mean by factory, warhols, or some other industry factory but im trying to understand what you mean and or are getting at. you seem to speak very cryptically and i struggle with it sometimes. any cryptic speech in my own posts are just mistakes and not intentional

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom