David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcast

Re: David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcas

What does he say, exactly? Can't skip the audio on my phone.

Re: David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcas

Carolla is a f***ing tool of the highest order.

Says the guy who is wearing sunglasses indoors and making a duck-face in a selfie.

You're the Tool, Marred.

Says the guy who is wearing sunglasses indoors and making a duck-face in a selfie.

You're the Tool, Marred.

I spend days worrying about what "Anonymous IP hash: b4450bbbbb Guest" thinks of me.

Where? I have to see this.

oh man i wear my sunglasses everywhere night and day. its just easier to avoid eye contact

oh man i wear my sunglasses everywhere night and day. its just easier to avoid eye contact

Do you wear them at the dinner table so you don't have to make eye contact with family members? How about when making love with your wife? :D

Where? I have to see this.

He took his pictures down! Ha!

Marred claims he doesn't care what someone thinks but by his actions, he obviously does!

Two-faced, oh wait.....two-faced duck face! Ha!

He's such a clown.

Trust me, the picture was just like a teen girl in a mirror with the lips thing going on and dark sunglasses indoors.

It was a horror on so many levels. So bad that I almost feel bad for him....almost.

Ok, I don't at all.

All this attention for a bad forum poster. I guess he should be mildly happy about that.

^^^ Man, I wish I would have seen it. Sounds hilarious.

Do you wear them at the dinner table so you don't have to make eye contact with family members? How about when making love with your wife? :D

honestly, all of the above

Actually Carolla is a big fan of the Smiths and Morrissey and said they should be in the hall of fame, while Wild said he could listen to The Smiths everyday. It is in the early part of the interview before the youtube portion.

Actually Carolla is a big fan of the Smiths and Morrissey and said they should be in the hall of fame, while Wild said he could listen to The Smiths everyday. It is in the early part of the interview before the youtube portion.

If you think The Smiths should be in the rock n' roll hall of fame you have probably missed the point of the Smiths entirely.

If you think The Smiths should be in the rock n' roll hall of fame you have probably missed the point of the Smiths entirely.

you could easily say the same about the sex pistols or the cash but i still think they should be there. the smiths were a populist commercial band and i think they belong in there spot in pop rock history

Marred, you're so tiring.

The Smiths may be against anything like a "Rock n' Roll Hall Of Fame" but that doesn't mean other people don't recognize their greatness and importance.

It doesn't mean they shouldn't get the recognition of a nomination even if Morrissey and Marr are against it.

It's the music world's way of acknowledgment. A tip of the hat.

I'm not interested in halls of fame (other than their use as a museum) and I think the RnR Hall is pretty ridiculous but I understand why The Smiths would be considered.

You need to practice thinking and stop acting like you live in some ivory tower.

What is the point of The Smiths?

I don't think Marred needs some help from anonymous user like me, but you guys are tiring. Peace!

you could easily say the same about the sex pistols or the cash but i still think they should be there. the smiths were a populist commercial band and i think they belong in there spot in pop rock history

I was going to mention The Sex Pistols actually. The Smiths weren't a commercial band and already have their place in pop history. They hardly need a perfunctory night at a podium to confirm that. It's an incredibly American parade that has nothing to do with what the Smiths were about. Perhaps if there was an English equivalent? But the fact that there isn't one reaffirms my point. The Smiths Halls Of Fame were the concert halls they played in.

Feel free to disagree as I am sure you all do.

Re: Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcas

Here's the Joni Mitchell interview. Really interesting! The Buffy Sainte-Marie stuff mentioned above is untrue (quelle surprise)

Do you realize that the interview on that disc is edited? I recall the version in print was somewhat different. There's probably parts that never made it to either the magazine or that disc. And the parts that would be edited out would be the parts where Morrissey was annoying everyone.

Last edited:

I remember once being a young lad who both liked Morrissey a lot and found many things that Adam Carolla said(on the radio) to be funny :eek:
my how times change, but at least one is still true* :thumb:

*=I've noticed many people I know shift to the "right" as they get older, Adam Carrolla is just one of those dudes now, you know the type :cool:
they just enjoy being a dick too much to care about anything else or a just too lazy not to resist such an easy target as our glorious, but very human Moz :o

I was going to mention The Sex Pistols actually. The Smiths weren't a commercial band and already have their place in pop history. They hardly need a perfunctory night at a podium to confirm that. It's an incredibly American parade that has nothing to do with what the Smiths were about. Perhaps if there was an English equivalent? But the fact that there isn't one reaffirms my point. The Smiths Halls Of Fame were the concert halls they played in.

Feel free to disagree as I am sure you all do.

i dont think they NEED it either but i dont care if they do get in and would probably be pleased when they do. what the rarhof is will change with every generation and i see it as a historical record of rock and pop music, popular music and its effect of the populace, rather than it holding some allegiance to a specific genre brand of music such as classic rock. i dont have any resentment towards the rock and roll etc and so wouldnt mind seeing them inducting the smiths. its not something to be upset about in the slightest or something to be against in my mind.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom