David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcast

Re: David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcas

What does he say, exactly? Can't skip the audio on my phone.

Re: Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcas

Here's the Joni Mitchell interview. Really interesting! The Buffy Sainte-Marie stuff mentioned above is untrue (quelle surprise):

Thank you. I had no idea this existed.

It may have been edited for length and/or coherence; a fine conversation nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Off on a tangent, sorry, but Joni was phenomenal. From the "Shadows And Light" DVD. What a great band here - Pat Metheny, Jaco Pastorius, Don Alias, Michael Brecker:

Re: David Wild from Rolling Stone mag calls Morrissey "a pain in the ass" on the Adam Carolla Podcas

I'm pretty sure this is the same interview.

They're two different interviews - the former was a special edition of the radio program "Words + Music"; the latter a print interview for Rolling Stone. David Wilde wrote the intro for the RS interview.

Last edited:

Ross Perot?
Moz idiocy goes back many years.

They're two different interviews - the former was a special edition of the radio program "Words + Music"; the latter a print interview for Rolling Stone. David Wilde wrote the intro for the RS interview.

Oh OK, because in that print interview there are literally word for word answers and questions from the 1994 one.

Oh OK, because in that print interview there are literally word for word answers and questions from the 1994 one.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the exchange that appeared in Rolling Stone is just a heavily truncated transcription of the Words+Music interview.

I can't imagine Morrissey punching anyone. I can imagine him employing someone to do it for him.

I can't imagine Morrissey punching anyone. I can imagine him employing someone to do it for him.

I think he could pack a good punch himself, as he's not a small person, but I can't see him actually doing it.

Oh Johnny, your posts are so silly but they do make me giggle. :D

I think he could pack a good punch himself, as he's not a small person, but I can't see him actually doing it.

not saying it happened but i could easily see him hitting someone

Off on a tangent, sorry, but Joni was phenomenal. From the "Shadows And Light" DVD. What a great band here - Pat Metheny, Jaco Pastorius, Don Alias, Michael Brecker:

Yes - the way her vocals (and lyrics) play against the music is singular (and so sophisticated). It took me years to properly appreciate her.

I love Morrissey's comment about having to close one of her albums after scanning the lyrics because it was all a bit too much for him to take in. Such a huge compliment (especially coming from a lyricist of his caliber). I love that feeling of being musically overwhelmed; it doesn't happen often enough.

+1
have you seen him in his videos?

Yes - the way her vocals (and lyrics) play against the music is singular (and so sophisticated). It took me years to properly appreciate her.

I love Morrissey's comment about having to close one of her albums after scanning the lyrics because it was all a bit too much for him to take in. Such a huge compliment (especially coming from a lyricist of his caliber). I love that feeling of being musically overwhelmed; it doesn't happen often enough.

I can see why.

Both Sides Now

Rows and flows of angel hair

And ice cream castles in the air

And feather canyons everywhere,

I've looked at clouds that way.

But now they only block the sun,

They rain and snow on everyone

So many things I would have done,

But clouds got in my way.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now

From up and down and still somehow

It's cloud's illusions I recall

I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels,

The dizzy dancing way that you feel

As every fairy tale comes real,

I've looked at love that way.

But now it's just another show,

You leave 'em laughing when you go

And if you care, don't let them know,

Don't give yourself away.

I've looked at love from both sides now

From give and take and still somehow

It's love's illusions I recall

I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud,

To say "I love you" right out loud

Dreams and schemes and circus crowds,

I've looked at life that way.

Oh but now old friends they're acting strange,

They shake their heads, they say I've changed

Well something's lost, but something's gained

In living every day.

I've looked at life from both sides now

From win and lose and still somehow

It's life's illusions I recall

I really don't know life at all

From up and down, and still somehow

The song never fails to move me whenever I hear it.

I can see why.

Both Sides Now

Rows and flows of angel hair

And ice cream castles in the air

And feather canyons everywhere,

I've looked at clouds that way.

But now they only block the sun,

They rain and snow on everyone

So many things I would have done,

But clouds got in my way.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now

From up and down and still somehow

It's cloud's illusions I recall

I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels,

The dizzy dancing way that you feel

As every fairy tale comes real,

I've looked at love that way.

But now it's just another show,

You leave 'em laughing when you go

And if you care, don't let them know,

Don't give yourself away.

I've looked at love from both sides now

From give and take and still somehow

It's love's illusions I recall

I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud,

To say "I love you" right out loud

Dreams and schemes and circus crowds,

I've looked at life that way.

Oh but now old friends they're acting strange,

They shake their heads, they say I've changed

Well something's lost, but something's gained

In living every day.

From win and lose and still somehow

From up and down, and still somehow

The song never fails to move me whenever I hear it.

Alas, my introduction to Joni Mitchell was in Grade School, when we were forced to sing choral arrangements of this very song. As you can imagine, it soured me on her for a long, long time.

Her tale of being in a plane, seeing the clouds pass below and coming up with this kind of poetry is what separates the very good songwriters from the truly great ones.

adam corolla is the biggest douche alive. I would love to see him meet the business end of an 18 wheel tractor trailer.

Alas, my introduction to Joni Mitchell was in Grade School, when we were forced to sing choral arrangements of this very song. As you can imagine, it soured me on her for a long, long time.

Her tale of being in a plane, seeing the clouds pass below and coming up with this kind of poetry is what separates the very good songwriters from the truly great ones.

I think one needs to have lived a bit and to have experienced loss in order to appreciate that song. Grade school is not the best time to be introduced to it, I agree. Was just reading about her inspiration for the song. Lovely.

I think one needs to have lived a bit and to have experienced loss in order to appreciate that song. Grade school is not the best time to be introduced to it, I agree. Was just reading about her inspiration for the song. Lovely.

And yet: the record states that Joni Mitchell wrote this song when she was just 25 years old, which makes it even more astonishing - such wisdom, and such premature world-weariness.

To keep things (ever so vaguely) on topic: it's no wonder that Morrissey was such a huge fan: somewhere between the Sex Pistols and Joni Mitchell lies perfection. :thumb:

And yet: the record states that Joni Mitchell wrote this song when she was just 25 years old, which makes it even more astonishing - such wisdom, and such premature world-weariness.

Wow, yes. As they say, an old soul.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom