David & Victoria Beckham 'Furious Over Morrissey Rant'

I've never posted here before. I WAS a Smiths/Morrissey fan for some 25 plus years however this is not 1988 and the special things that once made Morrissey "Morrissey" are no longer. He's an angry older man now and an embarrassment. Time to grow up.

Why don't you read any of his interviews from 1988? I assure you, HIS VIEWS HAVE NOT CHANGED IN THE SLIGHTEST. You never were a fan if you have no clue what he said in the press and most importantly, IN HIS f***ING LYRICS. You need to turn away from your computer and have your nurse change your diaper and roll you over to the window to look at the pretty, barren tree outside the asylum, if you are willing to hate Mozzer for mocking such an easy target like the Beckhams, every lame late night talk show host from across the world does the same, and prolly your saggy gran too!

Why don't you read any of his interviews from 1988? I assure you, HIS VIEWS HAVE NOT CHANGED IN THE SLIGHTEST. You never were a fan if you have no clue what he said in the press and most importantly, IN HIS f***ING LYRICS. You need to turn away from your computer and have your nurse change your diaper and roll you over to the window to look at the pretty, barren tree outside the asylum, if you are willing to hate Mozzer for mocking such an easy target like the Beckhams, every lame late night talk show host from across the world does the same, and prolly your saggy gran too!

Excellent point.

I've never posted here before. I WAS a Smiths/Morrissey fan for some 25 plus years however this is not 1988 and the special things that once made Morrissey "Morrissey" are no longer. He's an angry older man now and an embarrassment. Time to grow up.

goodluck to you, I think there are a few more who habit this site that should follow your example and take a few steps back.

People are "in to" Morrissey for countless different reasons and were originally attracted by different things at different times. I've been a fan since 1994. At that point the thing about Morrissey that made me love him was how funny he was, both on record and in print. The UK media hated him then (even stronger than they do now) and they refused to get the joke whilst secretly laughing on the inside. In the following weeks I got hold of all his previous albums and interviews was presented with many different element of the character as he aged. He had changed clearly since 1983 that was evident in 1994 and he was never "perfect" or 100% "correct" or even in-step, infact by his own admission he has always been somewhat maladjusted. Morrisey has however always remained, unique, uncompromising, thought provoking, arch and endlessly entertaining, so not everything changes. To some people he clearly has even more to give, another song, another show, another book or interview, they continue to find him and his new work inspiring, others (like yourself) have had enough, lost interest, lost the thread, found something else, become disillusioned, stopped "getting him". That is natural and normal and so rightly now the story is over for you and moving on or "growing up" as you put it is the best option. Clearly there are still things to love about Morrissey now in 2013 that perhaps weren't even present in Morrissey in 1983 or 1995 or 2001 and so it all makes sense. But its important to accept that these world wide ticket sales and rave reviews are not deluded zombies, they are real people, some of them are even grown up, it is after all possible to grow up and a still remain who you are. So goodbye and goodluck and I hope you set an example to people who feel the same way. A artists fan site isn't after all a sensible place to hang out if you are no longer a fan of the artist. Its the aggressive anti morrissey fans (that can't let go) that do this site no favours they should follow your lead and grow up. The diehards, as always, are the hardest to kill off and the most bitter and when they finally go tragically they always get replaced. Its one thing not to enjoy his current work but another to attempt to bay him into retirement everyday. He is not an "embarrassment" to everyone, you know, some of us think thats a bit unkind given the circumstances.

On the other hand, stop being such a drama queen, I bet you love the new album when it eventually comes out and i bet you read the autobiography under the shadow of a quiff in one big sleepless gulp.

Anonymouses quoting Anonymouses and criticising their response to other anonymouses. Sign up, for f***'s sake - it takes you 40 seconds.

it was the whole being a bit of a racist man that turned me off Morrissey if i'm honest, but each to their own and that

I don't know. I still wish he'd have a go at genuine scumbags. Like Cameron, Blair and f***ing Muslem Jihadist c***s for that matter.

Oh my! Attacking the Beckhams! Who's next? The Kardashians?!

Ahhh, Mozzer your razor wit has been dulled down to that fat and flaccid Jay Leno edge. You're only good at being provocative to people on their aged death beds looking at the hospital tv longing for death and tween girls who have queef competitions during slumber parties.

Oh my! Please do attack Twilight next! Maybe you can become as hip as a wacky morning radio dj then!

He has never said anything about black people ....or that rat music they play -wonder why ??
Although he seems comfortable always bitching about white folks to No end

What on earth is 'rat music'?

They use rats as drum sticks. So you get the thud of their bodies while smacking the drums and the painful squeaks and shrieks from their heads hitting the rim. I'm actually quite fond of "Black People Music", they are my favorite jazz/gospel/hip-hop/r&b/techno/blues hybrid jam band. My favorite song from them is "I have the only kinda meat Morrissey wants, but even with a jaw as welcoming as his, he'd still choke on it."

First post and maybe the last...Stood reading Loaded interview in ASDA at Bury (why buy it?) and I was firstly struck by the reference to Salford as being where Morrissey grew up. We all know that Morrissey grew up in Hulme and Stretford. It instantly puts me off an article about Morrissey when the basic facts are wrong. And who is Victoria Woods. We all know that her name is Victoria Wood and that she is married to The Great Suprendo. I thought the layout of the piece was interesting...it read like a real rant. I was more interested in the references to Haslingden and Accrington.....however, they didn't make the final edit.
As a fan and a grown-up i'd like to hear more about what Morrissey has been up to (he has just toured a lot). Surely there are tales to tell. Yes, I too miss the WIT. I'm sure in the right company he's an entertaining speaker. He's still the most SANE person out there (shame the article missed the TESCO horsemeat scandal). Then, he's forever preaching to the converted.

Morrissey can also be insufferable. No need to be an arse Morrissey...

They use rats as drum sticks. So you get the thud of their bodies while smacking the drums and the painful squeaks and shrieks from their heads hitting the rim. I'm actually quite fond of "Black People Music", they are my favorite jazz/gospel/hip-hop/r&b/techno/blues hybrid jam band. My favorite song from them is "I have the only kinda meat Morrissey wants, but even with a jaw as welcoming as his, he'd still choke on it."

Hahahahahaha

Dear Mr Beckham,

I've just learnt that you're going to be in this country for a few months. I can certify this is a Morrissey-free zone, so you can fully relax.:)

I don't follow football, so can say nothing about your team, except that I seem to remember they once had the reputation of being a**holes, or something like that, oh well, I'm sure you've seen worse, plus you won't understand them, so that should be ok. ;)

Thanks for the donation. Don't forget to give a little something to the SPA as well!

Stay handsome!

edit/ Or was it the supporters that were a**holes? mmm.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom