David thrown out of Copenhagen show! Question?

Springsteen too.

Very true on Springsteen... a lot of bands INCLUDING Trey (lol) have cited Springsteen as the example of how to perform a show.

(I don't smoke by the way- odd I know.)

Very true on Springsteen... a lot of bands INCLUDING Trey (lol) have cited Springsteen as the example of how to perform a show.

(I don't smoke by the way- odd I know.)

Well, neither do I. Just booze. Anyway...

Springsteen is a f***ing trooper. He cares about his fans and he cares about his art, and he's a goddamned tank of a showman.

I have a friend who used to work at Barnes and Noble in Florida, where Springsteen has a house, or did then...this was around the time of Devils and Dust, I think. He said Bruce came in there once, browsing the CDs, and my friend approached him about the possibility of a Darkness box set (this was way before The Promise came out)...and he said Bruce was extremely personable, very polite, basically just immensely friendly and down to earth. No bodyguards, no attitude, no ego. Just a dude talking to another dude about music.

Put those qualities together with the touring regimen and the consistently great songs and you have an artist who is all that the 21st century Morrissey could only hope to be.

Now Morrissey:
Morrissey 10/22/07 - 21 Songs 1hr 30 min
Morrissey 10/23/07 - 22 Songs 1hr 38 min

Of those two nights that I saw 16 songs were repeated from the previous night.

You got lucky on those nights. The 2007 shows were the longest (and most varied) of his career!

Last edited:
It seems as long as safety isn't an issue nor interrupting a performance there's no need to have anyone ejected.
I suppose it's artist rights to have who they want at their show but then where does it end?
Does Moz prevent critics from attending his show such as the N.M.E who have published character assinations of him far worse than a leaked email? The racist rumours are going to tail him for the rest of his career and in his biographies after he's gone.

Personally, I would not be running this site anymore if I were David T. I'm far too sensitive to remain a fan if I were kicked out of a show.

You got lucky on those nights. The 2007 shows were the longest (and most varied) of his career!

Jesus you are right - I forgot about the other shows I went to:
1991 Kill Uncle Tour - Nassau Coliseum, 20 Songs - 1 hr and 3 min
1997 Maladjusted Tour - Central Park Summerstage - 14 Songs Time according to passions: ? I would guess less than an hour as the setlist is very much the same as the Hammerstein
1997 Maladjusted Tour - Hammerstein Ballroom - 14 Songs at 50min (Less than an hour !)

Re: David deserved to be ejected by Morrissey.

Shame on Morrissey.
I'm disappointed about attitudes that he's been doing recently. Well, I'm not a kinda fan whose agree with everything and not allow someone to get in on somewhere is ridiculous.

It seems as long as safety isn't an issue nor interrupting a performance there's no need to have anyone ejected.
I suppose it's artist rights to have who they want at their show but then where does it end?
Does Moz prevent critics from attending his show such as the N.M.E who have published character assinations of him far worse than a leaked email? The racist rumours are going to tail him for the rest of his career and in his biographies after he's gone.

Personally, I would not be running this site anymore if I were David T. I'm far too sensitive to remain a fan if I were kicked out of a show.

I would hate to see the site killed and if it isn't (and I do not expect it to be) then it is only a testament to Tseng's maturity as a human being and to his dedication as a fan.

No one should have to endure that kind of humiliation and inconvenience; Morrissey is truly off his f***ing rocker. And not in a good way.

Re: David deserved to be ejected by Morrissey.

Shame on Morrissey.
I'm disappointed about attitudes that he's been doing recently. Well, I'm not a kinda fan whose agree with everything and not allow someone to get in on somewhere is ridiculous.

:thumb:

Holy CRAP, dude! I didn't think I'd ever hear you say anything critical of Morrissey.

Sweet!

I would hate to see the site killed and if it isn't (and I do not expect it to be) then it is only a testament to Tseng's maturity as a human being and to his dedication as a fan.

No one should have to endure that kind of humiliation and inconvenience; Morrissey is truly off his f***ing rocker. And not in a good way.

That's true. He's pretty strong to endure this.
The tshirt thing even doesn't seem so bad next to being thrown out of a show.
I hope he did something else fun while he was there.

I just meant what I'd do in his position.

If Morrissey weren't the sort to excercise his own criticisms of his heros it might be different for him to say "don't insult my new singles" but he HAS. He was quite critical of David Bowie back in the '90s. He had a right to his opinion as the people on here do.
Loads of people hated the tin machine band.

That's true. He's pretty strong to endure this.
The tshirt thing even doesn't seem so bad next to being thrown out of a show.
I hope he did something else fun while he was there.

I just meant what I'd do in his position.

If Morrissey weren't the sort to excercise his own criticisms of his heros it might be different for him to say "don't insult my new singles" but he HAS. He was quite critical of David Bowie back in the '90s. He had a right to his opinion as the people on here do.
Loads of people hated the tin machine band.

Me? If I owned the site I would keep it open and promote it even more. Then send a Christmas Card every year to his label... umm to Boz over facebook to show Morrissey thanking him for the new traffic to the site.

Me? If I owned the site I would keep it open and promote it even more. Then send a Christmas Card every year to his label... umm to Boz over facebook to show Morrissey thanking him for the new traffic to the site.

:lbf::thumb:

As a long term browser (yet infrequent poster) and having read through all of this, I'm so happy I made the decision to see Radiohead at Glastonbury instead of Morrissey.
While not their greatest performance ever, it was very brave and exciting. And they truly go out of their way to treat their fans with love and respect.
No one should ever try and censor what is written on the internet - it's an impossible task, and if someone's opinions aren't voiced on one site, they'll simply be taken to another. (And if an artist wants to bring attention to a site he has a serious problem with - wear a t-shirt! That's a great way of bringing more haters on board!)
Look at how ridiculous Prince has become with his attitude to the internet .. alienating those long term fans who have stuck by him even though he (arguably) hasn't released a good album since Sign o' the Times - in 1987!!
I will always love The Smiths, and SOME of Morrissey's solo work, but what he's become as a person .. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Re: David Grohl throws someone out for fighting

Are you guys talking about David Copperfield? He probably made himself disappear

Totally different situation.

Agreed

Good for Grohl - guy in the crowd was demonstrating through his actions that he was an immediate threat to those around him. Grohl tossed him.

Not the same as what Morrissey did.

Agreed

Good for Grohl - guy in the crowd was demonstrating through his actions that he was an immediate threat to those around him. Grohl tossed him.

Not the same as what Morrissey did.

It's like the water bottle incident a while back.. Morrissey quit the gig instead of trying to figure out who did it and have them ejected and possibly arrested.

All Morrissey is doing is giving this site more attention, more subscribers and adding fuel to the fire.

There are 425 people on right now and I don't think that counts the front page (but with the new format I'm not sure).

Allyouneedismorrisseytokickyououtofhiscocert.com on the other hand has 49 people connected.

This story is going to get bigger as more news outlets pick it up and the numbers will just continue to grow. Good job Morrissey. You are a great marketing tool for this website.

Tags
tseng down
Back
Top Bottom