David Lynch: "Crazy Clown Time"

Giselle

wasted 8 of her 9 lives.
I'm definitely a fan of David Lynch's films, but his music is more of a mixed bag:Still, this self-directed video to his new single (the term is used very loosely here), "Crazy Clown Time", from the album of the same name, is worth a slightly twisted look if you're curious. EDIT: Since he hasn't directed a feature length film since 2006, it is great to see him directing anything, especially his own music. Although this song isn't my "cuppa tea", kudos to him for pursuing his own artistry!

Last edited by a moderator:
His music is strange to say the least. It took me a few forced listens to get into the album, mainly due to a burned copy that was stuck in my car cd player for a week. Now, I must say I kind of enjoy it. However, it is not for everyone. Keep an open mind while listening and it may slowly draw you in as it did to me.

I can safely say that his album plays like one of his films translated into music form, with his trademark nightmarish surrealism and all. There are more "accessible" tracks on the album. This one is a bit experimental to say the least. Sometimes he channels Leonard Cohen gone electronic noise? It's actually hard to describe. I recommend checking out some samples on Itunes. It will give you a good basic idea of what you're in store for if you choose to take a chance on the album. It's original and unique much like his films.

His music is strange to say the least. It took me a few forced listens to get into the album, mainly due to a burned copy that was stuck in my car cd player for a week. Now, I must say I kind of enjoy it. However, it is not for everyone. Keep an open mind while listening and it may slowly draw you in as it did to me.

Thanks for the comments- it sounds like you definitely know what you're talking about. I will have to look into his music more closely- I liked your description of it being a kind of "aural film". Intriguing, as I am a big fan of his beautifully twisted films. And while this particular song I posted the video to isn't to my liking, (although I enjoy the video!), I have to respect him for pushing some boundaries with his music, as he does with his films.

Last edited:
Think this album is really interesting. Truly one of the last of the famous international playboys.

I can't understand the artist fascination with Karen O

she's pedestrian, at best. Her vocals are like listening to a cat while it gets mangled by a rapid dog

Try watching the video with the sound turned off. It's better that way. However, the black bars over the woman's nipples are annoying.

Back
Top Bottom