David Letterman Skewers Actor/Rapper Joaquin Phoenix During Wildly Odd Interview

I do like Letterman but WTF was up with Joaquin. If your going on a talk show and act all weird don't say anything then what do expect Dave to do.

I also remember his morning show. When we got a our 1st vcr we'd tape his show every night. I finally attended a taping of the Letterman show last summer.

Did anyone catch Dave tonight? He did a little clip "Celebrity Drug Update"...showed pictures and what people were 'on'... under Phelps' pic, it said "weed", under A-Rod's it said "'roids", and under Joaquin's and it said "??????" :p

Facebook is good for "spying" on people, that's all I use it for mainly, when I log on like once a week.. I prefer MS.... btw, by "spying" I mean people's updates and stuff like that, all one has to do is go to home and you see it all there....

I have my privacy settings pretty high .

I have my privacy settings pretty high .

Smart! me too... :)

Ok, after thinking about it a bit, I do think that JP was the one who made it all weird on Letterman's Show... He should've cancelled like some of you say. I just happen to luv JP a lot, not a crush thing or anything.... he's (was) good-looking and everything, but really not my type.. I luv him for his talent, and because he's always been a very awkward dude... in a cute way!... I luv how he gets all embarrased and stuff when he's on tv, and when he won awards a few years ago, he was really cool and honest in his speeches... none of the phony crap that 99% of actors give at award shows... Anyway, he was wrong... but Letterman was also wrong. If he saw that JP was making things extremely awkward, he should've made light hearted jokes or talk about other stuff, instead of making so much fun of him right infront of his face... he handled shit wrong.

Paul the midget's still a c***!

. If your going on a talk show and act all weird don't say anything then what do expect Dave to do.

Well I would expect Letterman to have shown bit more compassion with someone who appears to be struggling with their mental health. Instead of making fun of JP and carrying on regardless with the old Ba dum dum tish stuff that he does with everyone. I understand that some humour doesn't travel well but nastiness is nastiness what ever country you are living in.

Joaquin was there for an interview and he was clearly not with it, prepared, and/or willing to participate......
... I like that he doesn't pander to his guests like other talk show hosts. He actually paid Joaquin a compliment by telling him, "I'm hopeful that you will reconsider and come back to acting because there's nobody really better than you are."

The film is called Two Lovers, by the way, since I don't recall hearing the title.

I agree with you completely.

"Joaquin, I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight"

That was so funny....did you hear Dave say, "we owe Farrah an apology."
That was a painful interview to watch too; but not nearly as bad.

I've always enjoyed Letterman over Leno. I have been a fan of Dave since before high school.

Dave is my homeboy...I've met his Mom.

I've always enjoyed Letterman over Leno. I have been a fan of Dave since before high school.

Same here! I can't stand Leno....he's such a kiss arse. He could care less abot the guests on his show as well (see his interview with Jeff Foxworthy for proof).

Back
Top Bottom