Morrissey Central "DAVID JOHANSEN CELEBRATION" (March 17, 2023)

tumblr_m1r20kOZ5A1qap55ao1_500.jpg

Image from Morrissey's award presentation at Nordoff-Robbins O2 Silver Clef Awards, 2004.
FWD.

Nice. I would never have guessed Scorsese was a fan, but that is awesome. And he’s right about the music - The New York Dolls are New York City.

Now, if Morrissey would spend a little more time here on the East coast…well, that’s another story. I’ll stay on topic! 😊

I don't know all of the lore regarding Morrissey's past, but wasn't he the head of a NYDolls fan club in Manchester, when he was a teenager? Does anyone know if he got to meet Johansen/the Dolls back then?

I don't know all of the lore regarding Morrissey's past, but wasn't he the head of a NYDolls fan club in Manchester, when he was a teenager? Does anyone know if he got to meet Johansen/the Dolls back then?

Not sure, but I think that the night the Dolls were supposed
to play in Manchester, Moz was standin' at the front of the
stage, waitin' for the show to begin and then someone came
out and said the show was cancelled cause the drummer
Billy Murcia had died.

Yes, but he may have been the only true member, lol.

Anyone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe he didn’t get to meet Johansen until later, maybe just before the Meltdown reunion if not at it (?)

Billy Murcia had died.

Holy smokes! What a terrible thing, a musician dying before a performance.

Thanks for the info.

Billy Murcia had died.
Wow terrible. Did he ever see them live?

Yeah, there was a interview David did with Conan O'Brien
where he talked about gettin' drunk in Newcastle with the Dolls.
(3:15)

Maybe Moz seen'em around this time.

Decent reviews of the film acknowledging Morrissey's Fan Club - https://www.disappointmentmedia.com...t-to-a-prolific-singer-songwriter-for-decades

A Roger Ebert review with a Morrissey quote - https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/personality-crisis-one-night-only-movie-review-2023

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom