David Jenson sessions 2 recordings question?

gladhips

Hello. Does anyone know if there are any soundboard quality recordings of the 2nd Jenson sessions for the songs "I dont owe you anything", "Reel around the fountain" and "Pretty girls make graves". Im not a bootleg collector so i dont really know whats out there on bootleg. Im not talking about recordings off the radio. I mean a real hard copy of the songs without any background noise or recording sounds. My other question is do any of the usual suspects (Beau, Stephane, Stefan, Jeff) know of any or seen Smiths Japanese test pressings? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if there are any soundboard quality recordings of the 2nd Jenson sessions for the songs "I dont owe you anything", "Reel around the fountain" and "Pretty girls make graves".

Not in circulation. I privately sold last year a BBC cassette with that session on it. It was not digital (because it was on a cassette), but it was not from a radio broadcast. Those things are extremely limited, if not one-offs, so don't expect to see them on Ebay.

My other question is do any of the usual suspects (Beau, Stephane, Stefan, Jeff) know of any or seen Smiths Japanese test pressings?

I've never owned any, and I don't remember if anyone I know ever mentioned owning one, but in theory they must exist.

Stephane

Hi, Stephane
Thanks for the reply. Was the tape you sold a
Copymasters promo tape by any chance?
cheers

Hi, Stephane
Thanks for the reply. Was the tape you sold a
Copymasters promo tape by any chance?
cheers

As said buyer, I can confirm that it is a Copymasters cassette. It has David Jensen Session II on side 1, and Peel Session II on side 2.

Hello, robert. thanks for the reply. So this tape that you have is the only known recording that has these jenson sessions?

These are available on the "Smithsessions" Bootleg. I havent heard this in a long time, and Im to lazy to dig it out, but if my memory serves me well the sounds quality is soundboard or pretty close. Anyone else remember?

It could be a radio recording, I dont really remember.

Back
Top Bottom