David Bowie & Morrissey: "Cosmic Dancer (Live)" digital single & YT audio released today (November 13, 2020)

cosmic_dancer_live_tn.jpg

Today (his Mother's birthday), sees the first track from the Central-asserted single release.
There is currently no sign of the B-side or the upgraded Tim Broad video.
Should they appear later - see this thread for updates.
First appearing in Japan via YouTube and Amazon, the 'single' is now available for purchase in the UK and the audio is on YouTube.
Also via Amazon France, Germany and Italy etc. - although the US site isn't listing it currently.
It is also on Spotify and other services will undoubtedly follow.

The live video appeared later in the day:

Regards,
FWD.

Posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

7" single now available for pre-order on MPorium UK and EU.

full

Related items:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
And í respect your cherry.

She's sweet, isn't she?
I always felt she deserved more attention.

How's your chest? Better, I hope?

Last edited:
This just in: Camp Morrissey so desperate for a little splash in the slush fund that they employ someone to clean up a really poor bootleg that's been circulating on the internet since forever, so that Morrissey can cling to David's ectoplasmic coattails and rock f***ing solid brand recognition.

Got it. Like a claggy turd, clinging to the porcelain for dear life, watching the waters swirl and rise.

It looks like you have been permanently separated from your only other remaining brain cell....

Of course you’ll never understand this being a super fan of the greatest rip off merchant in British musical history ever....

Yes the LATE, not so great , Britain’s greatest Paedophile since Gary glitter.....
The one the only Davy Jones....
The singer of all time classics like the laughing gnome..........

To conclude...... Bowie is dead....
morrissey alive.... bitch
Oh honey. Bowie is doing just fine.
Let's wait until Grandpa bitch-tits of the sainted t-shirt toss pops his clogs before we make these silly ass cultural predictions.

She's sweet, isn't she?
I always felt she deserved more attention.

How's your chest? Better, I hope?

She looks so lonely, shiny but shunned.

My chest is cracking. In a good way. Thank You.

She looks so lonely, shiny but shunned.

My chest is cracking. In a good way. Thank You.

Well, she was shunned. Which is why I'm giving her the spotlight she deserves.
No feet to distract from her popping elegance.

I'm glad you're doing better! 🙂

An interesting perspective on the night this song was recorded from someone who was there...

OUTSIDELEFT record review: Bowie & Morrissey "Cosmic Dancer" (live)
Interesting.

"Before every concert, Broad and his camera crew would stroll through the venue’s parking lot and interview fans. There must be hundreds of hours of that footage sitting in someone’s attic in England. If those tapes are ever released and my segments are aired, remember I was young and probably inebriated."

But the confusion regarding the single/b-side continues...

"According to pre-order artwork, the b-side will be a live cover of The Jam’s “That’s Entertainment,” complete with “new instrumentation and vocals” from the concert the evening before at the Pacific Amphitheater in Costa Mesa, California."

"...especially since this song leaked decades ago in 1994."

:confused:

I've never liked that Cosmic Dancer track & always skip it on the HMV album.

This is just terrible and indeed sounds like a bootleg. The audience is far too loud for an officially released song. It must have been great to witness live but on vinyl...not so much.

Ironically, I talked to someone who was in the audience and they said they couldn't hear anything because the audience was screaming too loudly.

Piccadilly think it’s a 2020 version of entertainment....yeah

I've never liked that Cosmic Dancer track & always skip it on the HMV album.
I think this version is better than the HMV version and also better than the My Early Burglary Years version.

I was just discussing this release last night with a friend and feel, at best it's a great memento from a very cool experience, but it's a chore to get through. Bowie and Moz are legends and we all know they can/could both sing. Their voices together on this track just don't work together as well as most of us would probably like them to. Like mixing water and oil. It had to be an incredible experience/achievement in the career of everyone involved and should be pleased as punch to have been involved, but this would have been better suited as an inclusion in a master box set or similar at some point down the road. That said, it's a nice collectible as is, I suppose and am glad some will enjoy it.

I was just discussing this release last night with a friend and feel, at best it's a great memento from a very cool experience, but it's a chore to get through. Bowie and Moz are legends and we all know they can/could both sing. Their voices together on this track just don't work together as well as most of us would probably like them to. Like mixing water and oil. It had to be an incredible experience/achievement in the career of everyone involved and should be pleased as punch to have been involved, but this would have been better suited as an inclusion in a master box set or similar at some point down the road. That said, it's a nice collectible as is, I suppose and am glad some will enjoy it.
Yes , I agree ... it’s 4kin shit really... in all formats..... moz is the master singer..... Bowie scratting about like Elton John.... trying to be cool with the kids...... it’s a shit song by T. rex anyhow.....

At the the beginning, particularly, it seems as if Bowie isn't 'trying' all that hard. To say that Bowie has an awful voice, however, is a fallacy.
To say he had a good voice would be stretching things too.

It represents no more than an interesting anecdote. I personally don’t feel it merits a purchase. I have a pink vinyl bootleg of this performance from the early 90s: I’ve played it once. At least the bootleg sleeve prioritises Morrissey.

Interesting.

"Before every concert, Broad and his camera crew would stroll through the venue’s parking lot and interview fans. There must be hundreds of hours of that footage sitting in someone’s attic in England. If those tapes are ever released and my segments are aired, remember I was young and probably inebriated."

But the confusion regarding the single/b-side continues...

"According to pre-order artwork, the b-side will be a live cover of The Jam’s “That’s Entertainment,” complete with “new instrumentation and vocals” from the concert the evening before at the Pacific Amphitheater in Costa Mesa, California."

"...especially since this song leaked decades ago in 1994."

:confused:

The pre-shamble to this variant of "That's Entertainment" will probably be more fascinating than the actual audio, at this rate. í will still be loving my NINETEEN NINETY ONE recording.

If there is a Magic Attic in this world, it will be Mr James O'Brien's...

Curious... ?

{Kelly being the ex-ed of "NME ", responsible for the 'Flying the Flag...' cover in Summer of '92}

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom