David Bowie dies at 69

My guess is that Morrissey's been asked by a publication, or offered to one, to write something substantial about his history with David Bowie.
Look forward to reading it if I'm right!

No !
The truth is Steve has behaved in such a c***ish way that he couldn't gain any personal p r with a death statement or without a death statement so had to choose which option would cause brand Steve the least criticism/harm, hence enjoy the silence.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

By saying nothing about Bowie the next time Morrissey decides to pen an obituary to some old Carry On star perhaps, he garners more controversy for nothing. As he's given up music to be a professional wind-up merchant that is now his sole consideration.

It's some years since I cared what Morrissey said or thought about anything, but his non-reaction to this event speaks volumes about the creature Morrissey has become.

It's some years since I cared what Morrissey said or thought about anything.

:guffaw: That must be the joke of the century. Someone who doesn't care should not post at all to reflect that attitude. Your many posts tell another story.

My guess is that Morrissey's been asked by a publication, or offered to one, to write something substantial about his history with David Bowie.
Look forward to reading it if I'm right!

This could be true, although I doubt it. At the very least, he could have posted some kind of TTY acknowledgement as he has done for practically 100% of his prior musical influence passings. To have not done so says something....what...I have no idea :confused:

This could be true, although I doubt it. At the very least, he could have posted some kind of TTY acknowledgement as he has done for practically 100% of his prior musical influence passings. To have not done so says something....what...I have no idea :confused:

It just says that he wasn't on good terms with DB, which we already knew.

It just says that he wasn't on good terms with DB, which we already knew.

Not being on good business/personal terms with Bowie is one thing (though, let's be honest: whatever dispute/chasm there was between the two of them must surely be Morrissey's doing or imagination), but to completely ignore the passing of a stated personal hero, musical legend, pioneer, and influence seems petty at best.

What terms were Morrissey and Lynn Anderson on? Aside from a few rockabilly numbers courtesy of The Lads 25 years ago, and a random one-time live cover ...in Nashville..., I've never noticed much country/western/Nashville/Anderson influence on Morrissey's career. Yet, she got a nice write-up. (As stated earlier, no disrespect to Ms. Anderson. Just citing a recent example)

Last edited:
Not being on good business/personal terms with Bowie is one thing (though, let's be honest: whatever dispute/chasm there was between the two of them must surely be Morrissey's doing or imagination), but to completely ignore the passing of a stated personal hero, musical legend, pioneer, and influence seems petty at best.

What terms were Morrissey and Lynn Anderson on? Aside from a few rockabilly numbers courtesy of The Lads 25 years ago, and a random one-time live cover ...in Nashville..., I've never noticed much country/western/Nashville influence on Morrissey's career. Yet, she got a nice write-up. (As stated earlier, no disrespect to Ms. Anderson. Just citing a recent example)

I'm sure he has his reasons and I don't think that it has anything to do with pettiness. As I said earlier in this thread, I think Moz has a tendency for silence and uninvolvement when something means TOO MUCH to him / something is TOO EMOTIONAL. Do you think he didn't care about Kirsty MacColl? Do you think he didn't care about Tim Broad whose death isn't covered in his Autobiography at all?

What terms were Morrissey and Lynn Anderson on? Aside from a few rockabilly numbers courtesy of The Lads 25 years ago, and a random one-time live cover ...in Nashville..., I've never noticed much country/western/Nashville/Anderson influence on Morrissey's career. Yet, she got a nice write-up. (As stated earlier, no disrespect to Ms. Anderson. Just citing a recent example)

Exactly this. I do find it petty to not even acknowledge his passing as you stated above. I have read on here that Moz may be too distraught by DB's passing to write something....please. He would be more likely to post something on TTY like "Finally" rather than a love letter to the man.

Let's pray to God he steers clear of country western...I am already up to my eardrums in flamenco music :sick:

Exactly this. I do find it petty to not even acknowledge his passing as you stated above. I have read on here that Moz may be too distraught by DB's passing to write something....please. He would be more likely to post something on TTY like "Finally" rather than a love letter to the man.

Let's pray to God he steers clear of country western...I am already up to my eardrums in flamenco music :sick:

How can we pass a judgement on some action "being petty" when we don't actually KNOW anything? It's not our business. End of.

More specifically, they were on bad terms. Similarly, don't expect him to lament the passing of Sandie Shaw, Siouxie, Visconti, or most of the people he's worked with in his career.

Why are you so f***ing thick, time after time after time after time?

Why do you feel the need to tell me that I'm "f***ing thick" for voicing my (mild) opinion? Time after time after time after time ...

How can we pass a judgement on some action "being petty" when we don't actually KNOW anything? It's not our business. End of.

Jesus Christ, leave the man alone. Stop the nagging already. It is not going to bring Bowie back to life.

Well...it kind of is our business, or at least the business of those who post on this site to discuss all things Morrissey. To restrict postings to those that are completely KNOWN to be factual would leave you staring at a blank screen. I think Moz is being petty...you think he may have some other reason not to comment. Neither of us KNOW anything, but this is the place to come and express our thoughts on the subject.

No matter what you may think, I bet if everyone were asked after DB's passing whether a week would go by without a comment from Moz given his plentiful posthumous TTY postings many would have said no way, and a sure reason why this thread is up to almost 500 comments.

Why do you feel the need to tell me that I'm "f***ing thick" for voicing my (mild) opinion? Time after time after time after time ...

Check the comments after, assbutt. You're in the minority. Why can't you stop suckling at the teat? Arsehole.

Do you think he didn't care about Kirsty MacColl? Do you think he didn't care about Tim Broad whose death isn't covered in his Autobiography at all?
He does briefly mention the passing of Tim Broad in Autobiography: "A month later, Tim Broad, who had directed all of my promotional films, lost his life to what the good folk of WeHo termed 'the Headache.' Ebbing away in the parlor of his terraced house on Clapham Manor Street, he looked up to ask attending James O'Brien, 'Do you think I'll be remembered?' as he faded away."

Last edited:
Since this is a postive comment about Morrissey, it may not get posted but here it goes:

It doesn't matter if he tells us what he think of Bowie's passing, he hasn't had good luk with his idles. I am sure he is just resting and coming down off a high from touring and maybe a bit depressed. I hope the band and bim are writing songs and planning to record a few even without a deal. Think outside the lines Morrissey. We just miss him, why we are clamouring for a TTY statement. Had so much fun at CA and LV concerts, thank you.

Well...it kind of is our business, or at least the business of those who post on this site to discuss all things Morrissey. To restrict postings to those that are completely KNOWN to be factual would leave you staring at a blank screen. I think Moz is being petty...you think he may have some other reason not to comment. Neither of us KNOW anything, but this is the place to come and express our thoughts on the subject.

No matter what you may think, I bet if everyone were asked after DB's passing whether a week would go by without a comment from Moz given his plentiful posthumous TTY postings many would have said no way, and a sure reason why this thread is up to almost 500 comments.

Yes. You have your opinion and I have my opinion. No issue with that at all. Two opinions on a web forum. I just don't see why my opinion is "f***ing thick" and yours isn't. I would ask this sad excuse of a "moderator" again but I fear his nerves may combust like the last time he tried to voice his opinion on another thread.

He does briefly mention the passing of Tim Broad in Autobiography: "A month later, Tim Broad, who had directed all of my promotional films, lost his life to what the good folk of WeHo termed 'the Headache.' Ebbing away in the parlor of his terraced house on Clapham Manor Street, he looked up to ask attending James O'Brien, 'Do you think I'll be remembered?' as he faded away."

Yes, I know. But he doesn't go in great detail about how he felt as he did when he describes the slow death of his aunt Rita or even the death of Jerry Finn. He just says "I am close to breakdown at life's inevitable disgusting final summons, as Tim is flushed away."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom