David Bowie dies at 69

Yes mous IP hash: 7ef01d546a in post #174 already posted this.

We get it.Wilson was a big twat,with his 'Steven' did this,'Steven' said that' redundant crap. But thanks for reminding us.

It only hurts because it's true...why can you not face the fact that Morrissey was a complete asshole to David Bowie?...you take delusion to new lows. He bailed out when he supported Bowie leaving the thin white duke out on a limb...Bowie obviously thought "I don't want nothing to do with this devious, truculent and unreliable little f***er". .

The real reason no words from Steven and the boys is that they are busy in the studio re working the song "I'm throwing my arms around david "
For release as a free give away for this Sunday's daily mail moz and martin's favourite paper
That's why it's been very quiet the whispers around the studio it's " number one writing all over it" so folks stay calm and wait for this Sunday for your free give away let's make it
A number one for a true star I may even get a record contract .

Regards
Steven and Martin

Regards

Martin and Steven

Burchill is a professional contrarian, but she makes some valid points. What we've seen in some quarters with the death of Bowie is what we in Britain certainly see far too often in our media since August 1997 whenever someone "big" dies. The ongoing Dianafication of the nation is disingenuous, manipulative and thoroughly obnoxious.

Hearing snot nosed late twenties "entertainment correspondents" wax lyrical about the Berlin Trilogy via knowledge gained using Wikipedia has been particularly sickening, not aided by the fact that if Ed Sheeran broke his ankle this afternoon they could list his songs and their lyrics verbatim.

Burchill is a professional contrarian, but she makes some valid points. What we've seen in some quarters with the death of Bowie is what we in Britain certainly see far too often in our media since August 1997 whenever someone "big" dies. The ongoing Dianafication of the nation is disingenuous, manipulative and thoroughly obnoxious.

Hearing snot nosed late twenties "entertainment correspondents" wax lyrical about the Berlin Trilogy via knowledge gained using Wikipedia has been particularly sickening, not aided by the fact that if Ed Sheeran broke his ankle this afternoon they could list his songs and their lyrics verbatim.

Burchill is scum end of

Morrissey ~ “Everybody dies screaming. They don’t die laughing their heads off, as far as I know.”

23724441594_4f66ce7ae3_o.jpg

:cool:

Morrissey ~ “Everybody dies screaming. They don’t die laughing their heads off, as far as I know.”

And, even to the bitter end, keenly aware of the camera eye and the power of Image. His hair had thinned dramatically and turned a sterling steel gray so a jaunty hat to offset it.

Interestingly, this suit seems to split the difference between what a "traditional" Man in Black was described as wearing and the Thin White Duke.

The part that makes me sad are the sickly, withered old man ankles peeking out over the shoe tops. :(

And, even to the bitter end, keenly aware of the camera eye and the power of Image. His hair had thinned dramatically and turned a sterling steel gray so a jaunty hat to offset it.

Interestingly, this suit seems to split the difference between what a "traditional" Man in Black was described as wearing and the Thin White Duke.

The part that makes me sad are the sickly, withered old man ankles peeking out over the shoe tops. :(

It's a false image. Cancer doesn't look like that. I have seen it with my own eyes far too often.

No, his hair hadn't thinned at all. David Bowie had the best hair plugs on Earth.
DB's death - and his very self-consciously planned death ritual - reinstored his mysterious image, blasting away the Aquanet Pepsi years, which were personally horrifying for me to witness. I think, eventually, DB was ashamed. Glad he sorted it out.
RIP

It's a false image. Cancer doesn't look like that. I have seen it with my own eyes far too often.

Trust me: as someone who lost two close relatives to liver cancer, I understand it's a false image. The point is, he was exacting in how he tailored in his image to the point of papering over Death when it was practically at his front door. It's there in the ankles and in the pallor.

That he was even seen in public little more than two weeks before is frankly astonishing.

I have never been so disappointed with Morrissey. So much so, I am probably done being a fan. He is either the most spiteful, petty, stubborn, hateful person on earth or a huge pussy, too weak to make a heartfelt statement on his most important influence. I can't be bothered with this guy anymore. I forgave him for his last album which was horrendous and his book which was an international joke. This I cannot forgive. Farewell Morrissey.

Trust me: as someone who lost two close relatives to liver cancer, I understand it's a false image. The point is, he was exacting in how he tailored in his image to the point of papering over Death when it was practically at his front door. It's there in the ankles and in the pallor.

That he was even seen in public little more than two weeks before is frankly astonishing.

I've also been way too close to cancer, and it's Bowie's ability to be "Bowie!" during the final onslaught that has left me absolutely gobsmacked. Bowie stage-managed death itself. The amount of discipline, energy and dedication required to pull that off is unimaginable.

The fact that Bowie got himself into the studio and produced a last record of such quality speaks not only to his art, but to his dedication to his audience. It's astonishing.

I LOVE this look. A nice, tailored gray suit and those wing tips! As a man in the financial industry, I am wearing an exact duplicate of these shoes at work right now. Strange to see them worn with no socks. Must be uncomfortable on the feet. I wonder if the hem of the pant cuffs is an English thing, or some sort of fashion statement? Dapper to the end.

I've also been way too close to cancer, and it's Bowie's ability to be "Bowie!" during the final onslaught that has left me absolutely gobsmacked. Bowie stage-managed death itself. The amount of discipline, energy and dedication required to pull that off is unimaginable.

The fact that Bowie got himself into the studio and produced a last record of such quality speaks not only to his art, but to his dedication to his audience. It's astonishing.

Why is that so astonishing? Why is it so special? Everyone I knew who died of cancer (liver and bowel) worked in their regular jobs as long as they could, they did the housework as good as they could muster and during all of that they tried to secure their finances for their families. And if you look at Bowie's profession there were/are respectable singers out there who may not have produced huge art but who stood/stand on a stage while in terrible health.

I have never been so disappointed with Morrissey. So much so, I am probably done being a fan. He is either the most spiteful, petty, stubborn, hateful person on earth or a huge pussy, too weak to make a heartfelt statement on his most important influence. I can't be bothered with this guy anymore. I forgave him for his last album which was horrendous and his book which was an international joke. This I cannot forgive. Farewell Morrissey.

So, David Bowie died and instead of focusing on that, as it should be, you sat there all day waiting for a Morrissey statement? Morrissey's Bowie fandom is something personal to him, as every fandom is, and everyone has the right to express it as they want to. It's delusional to get offended by something that has nothing to do with us.

Have we heard anything from Trent Reznor either? No disrespect to Bowie's legacy, but it certainly gives you pause when two of his most notable collaborators have nothing to say.

Why is that so astonishing? Why is it so special? Everyone I knew who died of cancer (liver and bowel) worked in their regular jobs as long as they could, they did the housework as good as they could muster and during all of that they tried to secure their finances for their families. And if you look at Bowie's profession there were/are respectable singers out there who may not have produced huge art but who stood/stand on a stage while in terrible health.

I'm speaking about performing, and theatrical projection. I've seen other performers onstage while they neared the end of their lives (AIDS took so many). Beautiful queens, musicians, actors. Watching them struggle was horrific, but a necessary act of love. No one is elegant during that final metastasis. No one can hide the horror of it.

I've had cancer myself; I never stopped running my business, and I've also been onstage while undergoing chemo treatments. There is a difference between making it to work (which is important and meaningful) and being in the public gaze, performing - being "on." The first thing to go when you've been diagnosed with a terrible illness (and you are in pain) is the ability to project a fantasy - it requires too much energy, and the pain makes it impossible to "forget" yourself. Bowie, during his final months of life, managed to turn dying itself into a brilliant performance. It's a beautiful (and incredible) act of defiance. That does not negate anyone else's suffering. It is a gift, and it is truly inspiring.

I have a feeling he is writing right now and shut himself off from the world. I knew someone who wrote songs, he would leave the room for hours even with his friends at his house to write when he was inspired. He JUST toured for a year and a half??? My mother said to me you can't love people when it is convenient for you.

My thoughts exactly, he paid tribute to Mick Ronson, Lou Reed and countless other idols of him but not the most important of all.

And Boz too, he offered no tribute on facebook at all....only because it might offend his owner.

I stuck by Morrissey...thick and thin, but no more.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom