David Bowie dies at 69

Have look at Paul Weller's wife Hannah Twitter tweeting very odd I know people grief is natural but this is ott or just attention seeking gone mad
It's Princess of the People syndrome gone mad. CBB tonight was beyond hilarious. If they had newspapers in the house the crocodile tears would have flowed lol.

we wait as morrissey carefully crafts his take on this matter. Maybe by Thursday.

Would everyone sigh with a relief when he makes a statement? Would that make everyone shut up? Don't think so. Morrissey knows what he is doing, and it doesn't concern him what all of you losers think.

Morrissey is probably just taking his time, as he is trying to work out how to blame the British Royal Family for Bowie's death.

Remember the report from this site regarding the taping of the Jonathan Ross interview?:

Regarding David Bowie:
M: I think he’'d love any audience.

JR: I think you'’re being unnecessarily bitchy, you know.

M: He’'s not actually a person. He’'s a business. David Showie

Everybody's talking about all the shit talking Morrissey's done about Bowie in the last decade, but I mean, I don't think that's fair. I think in many ways later-day Morrissey felt disillusioned with Bowie because of perceived rejections/falling outs which in Morrissey's mind were probably worse than they actually were. But obviously underneath it all he still had that fervent respect and awe. I don't know. Just offering conjecture.

But look at how cold Lou Reed was to Warhol, who had been so incredibly instrumental to him as a mentor and as a friend, and then they fell out and Lou Reed stayed bitter and dismissive until Warhol died, and then it all broke, and he wrote the Songs For Drella LP which is one of the most beautiful, endearing testimonies to a person's life ever written.

I think that when you have conflicted feelings with people that deep down you want to work out but don't know how, it's a blinking contest and you assume you have forever. And then one of you dies. And to a much lesser extent the same could be said about Mike rejoining The Monkees after Davy died, when up til then, for the most part, he'd maintained a detached, peripheral public acknowledgment of his history with those guys.

Just my two cents.

Nice tribute by The National's Matt Berninger and Stephen Colbert's house band:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Morrissey rightly feels silly or ashamed of himself for running around claiming he had Cancer and trying to drum up support/sympathy when Bowie actually did have Cancer and kept it to himself. Bowie goes out making a statement with his art that makes "if I die, then I die" seem even smaller than it did when Moz first vomited the words. I'm sorry but claiming Barrett's Esophagus IS Cancer- or letting people draw that conclusion without forcefully clearing up the matter is lower than low.

Morrissey has precancerous cells removed from his esophagus periodically. The dysplasia is indeed caused by Barrett's Esophagus and if he didn't take medication and have an EMR here and there then he'd have full blown esophageal cancer. I don't think he's leading anyone on to get sympathy because precancerous cells is the beginning of cancer. It's under control..for now. That doesn't mean, however, that his doctors will be able to remove all the cells and get good, clean, margins every time. It is a legitimate concern, and he's explained what has happened to him - even recently in the Larry King interview.

Everybody's talking about all the shit talking Morrissey's done about Bowie in the last decade, but I mean, I don't think that's fair. I think in many ways later-day Morrissey felt disillusioned with Bowie because of perceived rejections/falling outs which in Morrissey's mind were probably worse than they actually were. But obviously underneath it all he still had that fervent respect and awe. I don't know. Just offering conjecture.

But look at how cold Lou Reed was to Warhol, who had been so incredibly instrumental to him as a mentor and as a friend, and then they fell out and Lou Reed stayed bitter and dismissive until Warhol died, and then it all broke, and he wrote the Songs For Drella LP which is one of the most beautiful, endearing testimonies to a person's life ever written.

I think that when you have conflicted feelings with people that deep down you want to work out but don't know how, it's a blinking contest and you assume you have forever. And then one of you dies. And to a much lesser extent the same could be said about Mike rejoining The Monkees after Davy died, when up til then, for the most part, he'd maintained a detached, peripheral public acknowledgment of his history with those guys.

Well said, Skylarker.

Sometimes I sit around thinking about it and doubt he's really dead simply because I have a hard time believing Kristeen Young could keep such a juicy secret for 18 months. :p Like maybe he really has cancer and is dying, but wanted to watch his funeral for funzies. It all seems too lined up.

I think that when you have conflicted feelings with people that deep down you want to work out but don't know how, it's a blinking contest and you assume you have forever. And then one of you dies.

... and I'll be damned if this quote right here isn't one of the most powerful things I've ever read on this website. And brings a tear to my eye given personal circumstances completely unrelated to Morrissey, or Bowie, or anything else. Thank you.

Sometimes I sit around thinking about it and doubt he's really dead simply because I have a hard time believing Kristeen Young could keep such a juicy secret for 18 months. :p Like maybe he really has cancer and is dying, but wanted to watch his funeral for funzies. It all seems too lined up.

what juicy secret are you talking about?

... and I'll be damned if this quote right here isn't one of the most powerful things I've ever read on this website. And brings a tear to my eye given personal circumstances completely unrelated to Morrissey, or Bowie, or anything else. Thank you.

I think I understand what you mean. I, for example, had a perfect relationship with my father. Of course I was sad when he died but the good feelings between us made it easier to deal with it. Whereas when my mother died I was a mess afterwards and probably still am because we had always had such a troubled relationship. I never imagined it would affect me that much.

Nile Rodgers' thoughts:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6842885/nile-rodgers-david-bowie-remembrance

My love for David is immeasurable.

It's an amazing amount of love and respect that I have for him. Some people get offended when I say that he is probably just as important to my life as Bernard Edwards (Rodgers’ partner in Chic). And I really mean that. Had it not been for Bowie, I don't know what would have happened to me.

I had six flops in a row, after having no flops. The one thing you know about music is flops are pretty much… [laughs] they're comin'. You can depend on that. Hits are the things that are elusive, but flops… they're coming.

[And] the "disco sucks" [backlash] happened. Had nothing to do with me. I'm still trying to make good records, and now somebody tells me that my entire way of expressing myself sucks. My art form sucks. I'm persona non grata. No one wants to talk to me. And this guy David Bowie, who is a rock god, says, "Not only do I want to take a chance with him, I believe in him." That's amazing to me.

He rescued me. He pulled a drowning man onto the boat. And not only did we row to shore, we rowed into Monaco.

Because I've had my own fight with cancer for five years now, and even if I had a scintilla of a clue [about Bowie's battle with cancer], I'd be there for him in a minute. The best advice my friends who've gone through cancer have given me is this wonderful support mechanism. I would have really been there. Many musicians have reached out to me because I was very public about cancer. But, the one thing I really respect is everybody deals with this stuff their own way. I could never criticize anyone on this earth for keeping it silent, doing whatever they want to do, because it's terrifying. You go through every possible emotion, ever. I get it. I really do understand.

I've lost a lot of friends. From Stevie Ray Vaughan to Bernard Edwards to Tony Thompson to now David Bowie… I just feel like they're waiting for me to call… they're waiting on me to call on the next project. Does that sound crazy?

Even when I'm not with a person, I still feel like we're just in limbo. If I were to talk about Stevie Ray Vaughan, I'd talk in the present tense. When I talk about Bernard Edwards, I say, "Yeah, you know what we always do? We're always laughing every time we do a session." We always talk about our heroes and our colleagues in the present tense -- at least I do, in music. And that's mainly because I spend so much time with them, and then I spend so much time being away from them. So the love is still there, they're just not physically around me. But I don't feel like they've gone anywhere. They're just waiting for me to do the next record

Bowie is also celebrated everywhere in the financial world for his business mind. I know it's part of being an artist but I find it strange nonetheless. At least we can be sure that this won't happen with Moz :D

Yes mous IP hash: 7ef01d546a in post #174 already posted this.

We get it.Wilson was a big twat,with his 'Steven' did this,'Steven' said that' redundant crap. But thanks for reminding us.

Why call someone a big twat simply because he had a view that you don't agree with? I met him a number of times and can assure you he wasn't. He had a big ego but that doesn't make him a twat.

Why doesn't someone post that pic of Morrissey and David Jones on stage at the LA Forum in 1991 singing Cosmic Dancer that Linder took? Anonymous-

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom