David Bowie dies at 69

Maybe Morrissey rightly feels silly or ashamed of himself for running around claiming he had Cancer and trying to drum up support/sympathy when Bowie actually did have Cancer and kept it to himself. Bowie goes out making a statement with his art that makes "if I die, then I die" seem even smaller than it did when Moz first vomited the words. I'm sorry but claiming Barrett's Esophagus IS Cancer- or letting people draw that conclusion without forcefully clearing up the matter is lower than low.

Are you really a moz fan think someone would go that low ? I hate all this demigod shit very princess di syndrome

yes,you mentioned this in your other post #133 :

'not a day has passed and i already seen a lot of people on tumblr and twitter calling him a pedo and whatnot. Let his fans celebrate his life and his talent jfc '

Yes it sucks that 'people'(or whatever they are) may be making these accusations. It may be better if you didn't read the twitter/tumbler comments. Since it clearly upsets you. Or are you baiting? (i could be wrong).

eh? it doesn't upset me. I just wish people would wait a bit idk it's too soon, but it's their right to say whatever they want :)

For some reason, I'm more interested in a comment from David Sylvian. David Sylvian always struck me as Bowie's ambitious, "overdoing it" kid brother who eventually surpassed Bowie in the realms of musical experimentation (I felt Bowie relied on Scott Walker recently as an inspiration. David Sylvian went waaayyy past Scott Walker).

David Sylvian posted the following yesterday:

"So much will be written over the coming months, decades, there’s little, if anything, to add. I’ll keep it brief. I was speaking with a friend recently about how, particularly those who grew out of the US punk era, created a classic album with their debut and how difficult that must be to live with but, to have created one classic album in a lifetime is more than enough. Bowie did much more than that. He changed the entire landscape of popular music and beyond. Who else managed to do that since the Beatles? Whom else since? Now that he was beyond any level of criticism it was as if he were about to throw caution to the wind and reach new levels of experimentation in his work. (I'm no expert. I've not heard a Bowie album in decades. No chastisement please, no recommendations). This is a significant loss. But Bowie’s status as legend is signed and sealed. At home with the stars, literally, metaphorically. My first thoughts were of David Jones the father and the loss this must be to his young family. Heart goes out to them. peace."

So Morrissey will quickly type up a post about the passing of Lynn Anderson (with all due respect to the late Ms. Anderson.... I use her simply an example) or post a photo of a goat standing in a field in Bulgaria, but he is seriously not going to write anything about the death of David Bowie?

Again, why is it so important for Morrissey to make a statement? Let him grieve in his own way. If he has something to say great, if not, fine plenty of other artists have said many wonderful things already.

Maybe Morrissey rightly feels silly or ashamed of himself for running around claiming he had Cancer and trying to drum up support/sympathy when Bowie actually did have Cancer and kept it to himself. Bowie goes out making a statement with his art that makes "if I die, then I die" seem even smaller than it did when Moz first vomited the words. I'm sorry but claiming Barrett's Esophagus IS Cancer- or letting people draw that conclusion without forcefully clearing up the matter is lower than low.

Yeah, good points. David was a class act through and through.

Maybe Beckham was named after Bowie? More likely David Jason though. Anyway, some of the tributes have been LOL. I think I'm living on Mars me self.

You may glean some insight from crapulent avatar, my friend. HAPPY NEW YOU!

The only crapulence is exhibited in your attempt at a comment.
Try it sober sometime - preferably on someone remotely interested.
No regards whatsoever.
FWD

Currently watching Mick and David rattle the Earth's core with Moonage Daydream.

Maybe Beckham was named after Bowie? More likely David Jason though. Anyway, some of the tributes have been LOL. I think I'm living on Mars me self.

Have look at Paul Weller's wife Hannah Twitter tweeting very odd I know people grief is natural but this is ott or just attention seeking gone mad

The only crapulence is exhibited in your attempt at a comment.
Try it sober sometime - preferably on someone remotely interested.
No regards whatsoever.
FWD

Typing with a braille keyboard there, bud? Or are you just IGNORANT AS HELL??? Fucher. Live and let live, teetotal. Bet you're loads of fun - ppfft!

we wait as morrissey carefully crafts his take on this matter. Maybe by Thursday.

Does really matter it's personal opinion from him do you excited waiting for his lordship to
Write so you can feel he's speaking directly too you ?

Reading the insanity of these posts is worth the wait of a TTY statement. Knowing his Mozness, he is purposely waiting to post. Bowie was an asshole to him anyway.

Nice tribute by The National's Matt Berninger and Stephen Colbert's house band:

Killer tambourine solo at 3:23

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Morrissey will have anything to say. This matter must be too personal, and probably too full of regret, for a meager TTY statement. Instead, I hope Morrissey takes David's final advice to continue to create. Even if it means turning your own death into your final, perfect performance.

I doubt Morrissey will have anything to say. This matter must be too personal, and probably too full of regret, for a meager TTY statement. Instead, I hope Morrissey takes David's final advice to continue to create. Even if it means turning your own death into your final, perfect performance.

Yes, and maybe repair some relationships while there's still time.

Was Bowie vegan?

Once again the Tories kill of our best. Thanks Cameron - if the NHS was still ours Bowie would have lived.

Tory scum.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom