David Bowie dies at 69

It's been a tough day and I apologise if I have caused upset/offence but I just don't get the inconsistency ! Why does Lou get the full works yet David doesn't ?
Lazarus is so hard to take so I have glossed over it today with Absolute Beginners as my hymn of the day. What a touch was that on London telecom tower tonight !
Goodnight Mr Bowie sleep well.

(Shame on channel 5 tonight for showing Angie getting the news in the BB house, an all time T V low that was )

Benny-the-British-Butcher

My first thoughts were "He was a fascinating artist in 1970,71 and 72. But not anymore" (I paraphrase, from Importance of Being Morrissey)

I suspect that Johnny might say more positive things over the next few days than Moz.

Dave

what a pathetic comment. can't you think for yourself just once??

4.5 billion years the Earth has existed... and we were lucky enough to live at the same time as David Bowie and see him live and experience his art. Heaven's rock band was just given a major upgrade.

"I don't know where I'm going, but it's not going to be boring."

-David Bowie-

if Bowies there... from now on..it will never be boring. I'll see you on the desertshore David.

Oh here we go ! Ketchup Bum has just clocked on for the night shift !
Goodnight all !

I will never forget watching his opening of The Concert for New York City on Oct 20, 2001 with Paul Simon's "America". No video link but here's the audio:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't expect that it would touch me so deeply. Although Bowie has never been my favorite artist, I'm very close to crying while I type this. I love and respect him more than I can ever imagine possible. I think Moz should say something...

I think Morrissey is probably still in shock. I know I am...

I've not been feeling myself today. I know this is going to make me sound crazy but it's true! As you know I'm normally fairly level-headed(!) and if you'd told me this story I would think you're a bit nutty too. I dreamt about David Bowie last night! I was in some sort of work situation and there was a picture of David Bowie on the wall, it had a signature on it. I asked whoever I was with if it was a real autograph, they said, "Ask him yourself." I turned around and there was David Bowie in person! (I wasn't particularly fazed by this, you know what dreams are like...) I asked him if the signature on the picture was real. He studied it for a bit then shook his head and said "Nah." When I woke up (which seemed about 10 mins later) the Missus said to me "I'm off to the dentist and by the way you won't like the bad news today, David Bowie died." I just lay there in a daze, I swear this is true. I've been out of sorts all day... am I having some sort of breakdown?

I didn't expect that it would touch me so deeply. Although Bowie has never been my favorite artist, I'm very close to crying while I type this. I love and respect him more than I can ever imagine possible. I think Moz should say something...

Indeed, i mean i have loved everything i have heard of him but i never put the time in to explore Bowies music more and now that he is gone and you see all these tributes and articles about him you realize truly how beautiful he was

Rip Bowie
Have been crying and talking about him all day. Iam i the only one who still feels like he has not gone yet?

Is it just me or is isn't it strange that there still is no statement from Mozza?
Joan Rivers, Cilla Black, Lou Reed, the Queen, the bullfighter but nothing for the
man who changed popmusic into art? Anyone....?

not a day has passed and i already seen a lot of people on tumblr and twitter calling him a pedo and whatnot. Let his fans celebrate his life and his talent jfc

What is wrong with Steven ? The peoples Prince of pop music has passed away and he refuses to release a statement. It smacks of when the people's Princess died and the Queen refused to take on board the nations mood and loss. It's childish and it's silly.

Why should he make a statement? Why do people expect these things from him? Just because all the others are tweeting, doesn't mean he has to contribute to this banter. He is probably feeling the same loss, but that doesn't mean he has to express it just to please YOU.

I hope Morrissey isn't spiteful if he ever says anything today. It seems amazing that he hasn't made comment yet.
It's your chance Morrissey to be a kind person. Don't f*** it up.

Why do people expect a nice comment from Morrissey who repeatedly insulted the dead star by calling him 'David Showie'?

Indeed, i mean i have loved everything i have heard of him but i never put the time in to explore Bowies music more and now that he is gone and you see all these tributes and articles about him you realize truly how beautiful he was

Rip Bowie
Have been crying and talking about him all day. Iam i the only one who still feels like he has not gone yet?

For all of us who did not know him personally, his art lives on and in that sense he remains as alive as always.

I'm quite numb, wasn't expecting this. RIP David.

You were not expecting what? That guy was a chain-smoker since.... forever. Not to mention the white diet of milk and cocaine in the 70's. Yes, he was talented and innovative, but he was also self-destructive most of his life. I feel sorry he had left us too soon, but I am hardly shocked.

beautiful. :)

Another one of the last of the famous international playboys...

off the list.. Bowie,Bolan,Devoto,& M.

"Playboys" in the absolute loosest sense of the word; they are/were all gender benders for crying out loud. And Morrissey's crimped weave (and tambourine!) and Bowie's slicked pompadour...oohlala, boys. All man, both of them! If this is art, then you can have it, clowns. In fact, please take it, all of it. LMAO

It's been a tough day and I apologise if I have caused upset/offence but I just don't get the inconsistency ! Why does Lou get the full works yet David doesn't ?
Lazarus is so hard to take so I have glossed over it today with Absolute Beginners as my hymn of the day. What a touch was that on London telecom tower tonight !
Goodnight Mr Bowie sleep well.

(Shame on channel 5 tonight for showing Angie getting the news in the BB house, an all time T V low that was )

"It's been a tough day" are you expecting sympathy now? Anyone who didn't already know what a pathetic little prick you are certainly knows it now, GO f*** YOUR QUEEN

Is it just me or is isn't it strange that there still is no statement from Mozza?
Joan Rivers, Cilla Black, Lou Reed, the Queen, the bullfighter but nothing for the
man who changed popmusic into art? Anyone....?
I think this is a little more personal and something he needs to process. Grieving is part of that. Give him some time.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom