David Bowie dies at 69

Yeah but is now really the time? Really?

Why not? People are talking about David Bowie, seems pretty on topic. If people are to discuss his life then I'd say its par for the course. If people can't handle this little bit of criticism then I don't know what they are doing here or how they handle the utter amount of vitriolic hate spewed at Morrissey whom this whole site is supposedly in aid of.

RIP David Bowie, one of the very best of all time...

Why not? People are talking about David Bowie, seems pretty on topic. If people are to discuss his life then I'd say its par for the course. If people can't handle this little bit of criticism then I don't know what they are doing here or how they handle the utter amount of vitriolic hate spewed at Morrissey whom this whole site is supposedly in aid of.

You are making a fool of yourself.

Fine. You made your point, we read it, noted it. No need to say anything else on this topic, as I assume it's not your aim to troll Bowie fans here - or is it?

Not at all, I just think his talent is overrated. Certainly his influence is clear, god knows how people were inspired by him, but it is what it is. But as far as talent goes, I just think people massively overrate him because they buy into the hype. It has nothing to do with "limited knowledge of musical history" so you can stop with that. He just inspires me to yawn is all.

Not that it isn't sad he died, he was a person and had loved ones etc. It is sad. But I guess it just highlights the fact to me how overrated I think he was.

Everything is overrated, pal, including Morrissey, a known quantity. What of it? In the words of yet another shlemiel, Moby: 'we are all made of stars'.

What is wrong with Steven ? The peoples Prince of pop music has passed away and he refuses to release a statement. It smacks of when the people's Princess died and the Queen refused to take on board the nations mood and loss. It's childish and it's silly.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

God i love his music so much that this is one of the cases when i prefer to separate the artist from the art, because i don't excuse some of the things he did, but his music will live forever :(

Not at all, I just think his talent is overrated. Certainly his influence is clear, god knows how people were inspired by him, but it is what it is. But as far as talent goes, I just think people massively overrate him because they buy into the hype. It has nothing to do with "limited knowledge of musical history" so you can stop with that. He just inspires me to yawn is all.

Not that it isn't sad he died, he was a person and had loved ones etc. It is sad. But I guess it just highlights the fact to me how overrated I think he was.

o ffs, are you turvy? moz will never come close to topping bowie.

Godspeed starman. Its strange but i never thought you would leave us. Could you come back and meet us again or would that just blow our minds?

At the moment everyone else is making it about Morrissey and not Morrissey himself.
You can never say with 100% certainty what someone will do. However based on past behavior there is a good chance Morrissey will somehow make it about Morrissey mixed in with some negativity about Margaret Thatcher, Kate Middleton and the meat industry.

Visconti's statement on Facebook is really bringing on the waterworks...

cQ1rp8Dl.jpg

What a disgusting, black day this is. And what loss this is. I listened to Blackstar this past Saturday. A dark, disturbing yet beautiful and brilliant album. What a way to go. RIP.

David was a pioneer, a music icon and fashion visionary. I came to his music more in the eighties when he gained mass popularity with songs like China Girl and Modern Love, but songs like Ashes to Ashes, Cat People, and Fame and so many others were as creative as any other popular music ever penned. I, like others have mentioned, wasn't aware he was ill, nor have I kept up on his stuff upon the formation of Tin Machine. Anyone who can stay relevant in music and retain any level of popularity over a span of five decades could be defined as any number of things....but overrated is for sure not one of them. RIP.

Godspeed starman. Its strange but i never thought you would leave us. Could you come back and meet us again or would that just blow our minds?

i like bowie in general and much of his music but surely not all and some was bad imo. i mean that song is hardly mind blowing with its c to c octave. you can sing somewhere over the rainbow right over the chorus pretty easily. he was good and made many marks on culture as well as music but sometimes it seems like people think he did everything and directed everything which he did not. he really needed carlos and when he left bowie rightly realized that he needed him back and had to give into his demands. i mean for all of the griping on here about not paying musicians he himself had some pretty bad habits about taking credit and not paying people. especially his black/latino musicians when he thought he could get away with it. he was a neat guy that accomplished a lot but like someone else has said hes done some pretty underhanded thing to some people who did not deserve it

An artistic exit, that's for damn sure. Everybody is blown away.
DB's death makes me HATE modern culture so much right now. I HATE Gaga, Leonardo DiCraprio, Coachella, Kardeathians, all of it - somehow the stupidity, meaninglessness and hypocrisy of modern celebrity culture is in high relief for me right now and I HATE IT ALL. The 70s really had something - a molten creativity bubbling up. Today, we get elitist frauds doing what they're told.
I want ANOTHER revolution.

o ffs, are you turvy? moz will never come close to topping bowie.

Yes, he will never own that 900 Million dollars. Who needs that much money? Imagine Moz owning this huge amount? It would be hell considering everyone is bitching about his small budget (well, compared to Bowie, of course).

Morrissey, you can't die before us. Rest up and take care of your gorgeous body.

I'll tell what's a big yawn. People who speak in such cliches as "is it what it is". LOL No one reading your post believes for one second you've exposed yourself to the best of Bowie's artistic output. And if you're ging to make a case that Bowie is "overrated" I think you need to give us something more thoughtful than "it is what it is" and "he's overrated hype". LOLOL People will be listening to Bowie many generations after your corpse is decomposed and completely forgotten about.

IF there is a planet, which the way things are going, seems unlikely, stardust.

Back
Top Bottom