David Bowie dies at 69

One should always look for the positives, even in death. The album will fly now!

Just because without Bowie there would be no Morrissey doesn't mean I can't think he is overrated and had an awful voice. Its partly subjective and partly I just believe if he wasn't heralded as being "so different" he wouldn't have been anything special. I'm not that young, I just don't rate him. Don't try to play the age card.
Of course you can 'not like him'. But to say he's overrated suggests a limited knowledge of musical history, which could have been down to age.

Last edited:
I'm heartbroken... he was one of those people who seemed immortal. And then he's just gone. It makes everything seem so banale for a moment there....

There's no doubt in anyones's mind that he was one of the greatest artist of all of time and space. He also mastered the art of ageing gracefully, remaining his true yet ever-changing self and maintaining a high and classy creative output. Not saying as oppose to some other people....but yes, as oppose to some other people.

Well, now it is too late for Morrissey to make up with David Bowie. How sad.

Just because without Bowie there would be no Morrissey doesn't mean I can't think he is overrated and had an awful voice. Its partly subjective and partly I just believe if he wasn't heralded as being "so different" he wouldn't have been anything special. I'm not that young, I just don't rate him. Don't try to play the age card.

Unlike Papa Gener, on the other hand, who has a golden voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSW7ApuIXy8

At the moment everyone else is making it about Morrissey and not Morrissey himself.

I'm sure he won't let us down when the news finally reaches him. I'm surprised it's taking so long though even Arsene Wenger has paid tribute. Maybe someone should fax or email the news to him.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Of course you can 'not like him'. But to say he's overrated suggests a limited knowledge of musical history, which could have been down to age.

Not at all, I just think his talent is overrated. Certainly his influence is clear, god knows how people were inspired by him, but it is what it is. But as far as talent goes, I just think people massively overrate him because they buy into the hype. It has nothing to do with "limited knowledge of musical history" so you can stop with that. He just inspires me to yawn is all.

Not that it isn't sad he died, he was a person and had loved ones etc. It is sad. But I guess it just highlights the fact to me how overrated I think he was.

The man made records which will stand the test of time, practically invented the chameleon like pop iconography which so many pop artists aspire to, even on his deathbed made an artistic statement and lived a thousand and more lives.
Yes it's all subjective - but you're wrong....
I'm just very happy I managed to attend the V&A exhibition which was testament to his genius.

True to You
Bowie refusal
6 February 2013

Bowie refusal

David Bowie has ordered EMI UK not to run the proposed artwork for Morrissey's April 8th issue of the re-mastered The Last of the Famous International Playboys single and CD. The sleeve featured a previously unseen private photograph of Bowie and Morrissey taken by Linder Sterling in New York in 1992. Although Bowie has no legal rights to the photograph, most of his back catalogue is presently licensed to EMI
Copyright © 1994-2016 True To You
Viva Morrissey

Maybe there might not be a celebrity death file statement after all !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

but it is what it is. But as far as talent goes, I just think people massively overrate him because they buy into the hype.

I'll tell what's a big yawn. People who speak in such cliches as "is it what it is". LOL No one reading your post believes for one second you've exposed yourself to the best of Bowie's artistic output. And if you're ging to make a case that Bowie is "overrated" I think you need to give us something more thoughtful than "it is what it is" and "he's overrated hype". LOLOL People will be listening to Bowie many generations after your corpse is decomposed and completely forgotten about.

I heard the news today, oh boy.

Saddened at the news of David's death. I hadn't realised how sick he was. When I saw the video for 'Blackstar' I thought 'he doesn't look half bad, maybe he's ok these days' but obviously I was very wrong.

Not at all, I just think his talent is overrated. Certainly his influence is clear, god knows how people were inspired by him, but it is what it is. But as far as talent goes, I just think people massively overrate him because they buy into the hype. It has nothing to do with "limited knowledge of musical history" so you can stop with that. He just inspires me to yawn is all.

Not that it isn't sad he died, he was a person and had loved ones etc. It is sad. But I guess it just highlights the fact to me how overrated I think he was.

Yeah but is now really the time? Really?

I heard the news today, oh boy.

Saddened at the news of David's death. I hadn't realised how sick he was. When I saw the video for 'Blackstar' I thought 'he doesn't look half bad, maybe he's ok these days' but obviously I was very wrong.

You can't always tell just by looking at a person. Maybe a lesson for us to learn here.

They don't waste time :(

Record Collector Mag*‏@RecCollMag

Tony Visconti oversees the #DavidBowie
tribute concert @ New York Carnegie Hall on
31 March, inc. Cyndi Lauper, Ann Wilson (Heart)

I've been watching Bowie's "Blackstar" video non-stop, ever since it was released. It's a beautiful, strange thing. His latest, jazz-influenced work manages to capture something compelling, elusive and beautiful. He was singular from beginning to end.

Bowie was the perfect pop star - he changed the game.

Last edited:
I've been watching Bowie's "Blackstar" video non-stop, ever since it was released. It's a beautiful, strange thing. His latest, jazz-influenced work manages to capture something compelling, elusive and beautiful. He was singular from beginning to end.

Bowie was the perfect pop star - he changed the game.

I am very sad about it. Maybe he was the perfect pop star, but he hadn't a perfect career. Nobody has, infact, but with some artist people seem to forget a lot of things, with other artists they don't. Strange world.

We all know "it's gonna happen someday" but.. Jesus ! Bowie is dead ? The Bowie ?

Such a great man, such a great loss. RIP David Bowie :( Miss you.

Whereas Papa Gener, on the other hand, has a golden voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSW7ApuIXy8

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom