Damon Albarn on trying to get Morrissey on a Gorillaz track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Jul 12, 2018.

By Famous when dead on Jul 12, 2018 at 12:50 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Oh, THAT Damon! I was seriously confused for a moment :lbf:
      • Funny Funny x 4
    2. Sheila Smith
      Sheila Smith
      Perhaps it was a polite way of saying 'I don't like your music'.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    3. Gregor Samsa
      Gregor Samsa
      Damon is brilliant. And definitely I would love Moz to collaborate with. If you want melancholy English pop Damon is your go to guy. His solo album from 2014 was gorgeous.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. ACTON
      ACTON
      Damon is very talented but I'd prefer Moz to collaborate with Brett Anderson. I just can't imagine Moz singing on a Gorillaz track. I could easily imagine Moz singing on a Suede track. They could even do a cover if they didn't want to do a new song: 'Perfect Day', which Brett previously sang on with a load of other singers. Although I'd prefer 'Shipbuildng' (which Brett previously sang on with a load of other singers). Suede could invite Moz on stage to sing 'My Insatiable One', which Moz already covered back in '92 on his world tour.
    5. 12" on the slack
      12" on the slack
      Nope, Brett / suede sang Shipbuilding alone.

I doubt Brett would collaborate with Morrissey, doubt he identifies with anything M has had to say in the last two decades.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    6. vegan.cro spirit# 515
      vegan.cro spirit# 515
      Did he ever get himself a new tooth?:rolleyes:
      Moz is not going to be in a cartoon FFS
    7. countthree
      countthree
      Morrissey is very polite.
    8. ACTON
      ACTON
      Cor blimey you're right, Brett did do that one alone, and all the better for it! He did a nice version of Brass In Pocket too.

9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Doubt is a terrible affliction.
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Posh-but-dim-Damon - too thick to realise that Morrissey was really saying "Thank you, but I couldn't possibly want someone like you"
    11. Cornflakes
      Cornflakes
      They really were brilliant for a couple of years.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. ACTON
      ACTON
      I will admit that I think their debut album was the best, but I loved Dog Man Star and Coming Up too, and think they are doing well with the most recent two albums, and I'm really looking forward to The Blue Hour in September. So for me they were/are brilliant for more than a couple of years. Brett also looks very well for a man his age and knows how to connect (i.e. physically) with his audience during concerts, which is not something you see too often these daze.