Damon Albarn on Morrissey's potential Gorillaz collaboration

"I've had some hilarious emails from Morrissey as you would imagine. But I don't think he's a collaborator. And this was before his stupidness. Just for the record."

From The Times. October 2020.

Bler

As previously mentioned last week in the 'Strange...' thread via La Tercera:

Similar story in 2018:

Similar Story in 2017:

FWD.

I love how any opinion that isn't completely pro-diversity or isn't blindly all-in with the Left's narrative is automatically binned as "stupid."

That should tell you something. You know how when little kids argue with each other, they just immediately start calling each other names and screaming, because they haven't yet developed the intellect to reason and parse out nuanced elements of issues and see that there are other points of view besides their own?

Well, that's the modern Left.

Ach, stupidness.

Morrissey is just a little out there.

His woes started in 2015 when The Guardian pivoted to clickbait & Twitter was deep into its witch hunts.

Otherwise I think he probably got interested in Anne Marie in August 2017, when she was in the press claiming to have been silenced & vilified for feminism & secularism.

Which was true.

But she's vain (gives speeches to the nation from her living-room) & lazy (admits she knows nothing about Islamic theology or history & bases her opinions on press reports, YouTube videos & anecdotes) & ended up immersed in gibbering conspiracy theories about the deep state wanting to destroy The West via Islamic procreation.

Left alone he would probably have eventually noticed she was barking, not that interested in animals, & quietly moved on.

Someone should chuck him an exit strategy.

I don't see the benefit of continuing to slander & hound him. Unless you're a sadist.

I love how any opinion that isn't completely pro-diversity or isn't blindly all-in with the Left's narrative is automatically binned as "stupid."

That should tell you something. You know how when little kids argue with each other, they just immediately start calling each other names and screaming, because they haven't yet developed the intellect to reason and parse out nuanced elements of issues and see that there are other points of view besides their own?

Well, that's the modern Left.

Yeah - I would agree with that.

I'm on the left, I like diversity & I still have to wade through total idiots trying shut down every single debate by accusing someone of bigotry.

Yeah - I would agree with that.

I'm on the left, I like diversity & I still have to wade through total idiots trying shut down every single debate by accusing someone of bigotry.
Diversity is fine. Diversity as a mandate, and diversity taking precedence over competence, is cancer.

Diversity is fine. Diversity as a mandate, and diversity taking precedence over competence, is cancer.

I would agree with that too - the more we try to codify it, the more divisive it gets.

We've ended up as obsessed with forcing people into one primary social category that supposedly defines their thoughts, feelings & opportunities as racists are.

I would agree with that too - the more we try to codify it, the more divisive it gets.

We've ended up as obsessed with forcing people into one primary social category that supposedly defines their thoughts, feelings & opportunities as racists are.
Yes; it's tribalism of the worst order and this is why you are seeing such a stark disparity now between political "factions"...the radical Left can only play that game for so long before the worst elements on the Right follow suit.

If it's all about being black, then it's all about NOT being white. In the US the black population is something like 15 percent. It's a massive con.

Yes; it's tribalism of the worst order and this is why you are seeing such a stark disparity now between political "factions"...the radical Left can only play that game for so long before the worst elements on the Right follow suit.

If it's all about being black, then it's all about NOT being white. In the US the black population is something like 15 percent. It's a massive con.

I was amazed by how low the numbers are - there's absolutely no possibility of an American race war or any threat to the state whatsoever. That makes it a safe proxy for other things & a way of getting personal attention as an activist. Otherwise all you need to advocate for are practical changes - better police training & protocols, economic & educational opportunities in poor communities. All the boring, unsexy stuff.

I was amazed by how low the numbers are - there's absolutely no possibility of an American race war or any threat to the state whatsoever. That makes it a safe proxy for other things & a way of getting personal attention as an activist. Otherwise all you need to advocate for are practical changes - better police training & protocols, economic & educational opportunities in poor communities. All the boring, unsexy stuff.
The thing is that it doesn't matter how few blacks there are; the majority of activists taking up the torch for Fentanyl-addicts like George Floyd or sexual predators like Jacob Blake are affluent white kids who have only ever known comfort and now feel guilty because they've been shamed into hating what they are...as though there is anything wrong with being white or having a comfortable upbringing. Just as most hippies were middle to upper middle class white kids. There is a search for "meaning" that for some reason defaults to this contrived, white-guilt complex. It's bizarre.

Last edited:
The thing is that it doesn't matter how few blacks there are; the majority of activists taking up the torch for Fentanyl-addicts like George Floyd or sexual predators like Jacob Blake are affluent white kids who have only ever known comfort and now feel guilty because they've been shamed into hating what they are...as though there is anything wrong with being white or having a comfortable upbringing. Just as most hippies were middle to upper middle class white kids. There is a search for "meaning" that for some reason defaults to this contrived, white-guilt complex. It's bizarre.

I think a few activists think other people think they're guilty & are over-compensating - but mostly it's a plausible 'altruistic' vehicle for their own advancement & a way of joining in with their peer group & they feel about as guilty as a Borgia & it's as deep as screaming at The Beatles in 1964.

I think a few activists think other people think they're guilty & are over-compensating - but mostly it's a plausible 'altruistic' vehicle for their own advancement & a way of joining in with their peer group & they feel about as guilty as a Borgia & it's as deep as screaming at The Beatles in 1964.
There was a "protest" where I live shortly after the Floyd overdose-heart attack. This is an area of northwest Indiana about 40 minutes from the heart of Chicago. There was a big assembly, about 99.9 percent white kids, marching up and down the street basically chanting anti-police nursery rhymes and checking their Apple watches to see if Mom was texting that dinner was ready.

No drama was incurred, no shop windows broken, but never in my life have I seen so many police assembled and on the ready. Not to mention so many citizens -legally armed wannabe militia- ready to take down anybody that started shit.

I'm not worried.

I logged in to see if anyone was slagging off Damon Albarn, saying he's always been shit (the only possible reason for his opinions, obviously).

Person X says something about Morrissey Person Y on this forum does not like.

Person Y says "Well, Person X has always been shit anyway"

Lets have a countdown...

I logged in to see if anyone was slagging off Damon Albarn, saying he's always been shit (the only possible reason for his opinions, obviously).

Lets have a countdown...
Let’s not; we’re not all voyeurs.

Lets have a countdown...
Would that make you do a little sex wee?

Oh, and 'let's' would make more sense.

Cannot wait for your next Morrissey themed crossword in the Sunday Sport.

Yep it is bizarre. It’s like there’s zero self-awareness to the point where they basically become racist themselves but can’t see it because they obviously could never be racist being on ‘the right side of history’ and everything. Case in point; I had a debate with a good mate of mine who as far as I could tell has embraced all this self-flagellating, white-guilt ideology wholesale. He was trying to tell me that the most racist person in the Conservatives was Priti Patel. Racist against who exactly? His argument was that she was just a vessel for upholding structural white supremacism by simply a) being a Tory and b) enforcing an immigration system that isn’t open borders. I suggested that he couldn’t understand that someone with brown skin has the agency to forge their own political opinions and he’s essentially saying she’s a ‘coconut’. His response? ‘I am saying that yeah. She is a coconut’. And thus, the left reveal their racism.

Lets have a countdown...
Ah, no. Some people are capable of nuance.
Damon is right - Morrissey has been foolish/stupid or whatever you want to call it. He does not have genuine right-wing views, yet his communications imply that he has. He's just a muddled idiot when it comes to politics.
I like Damon lots - a truly great pop person. And I still like a lot of new songs by Morrissey but he has made a spectacular fool of himself in the last three years with his comments/endorsements on world affairs and politics. He's still a cracking singer and a handful of the Dog on a Chain songs are up there with his best stuff. I bought Dog on a Chain and will be buying the new Gorillaz album this evening - hope that's not too difficult a concept to grasp.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom