Damien Dempsey interview mentions Morrissey duet

Wow. Really hope this comes to pass. I've been saying for ages that one of the things I'd love him to do is duets and collaborations. In fact I'd love an album like that, I think it would breathe new life into him.

This would be amazing to hear if it happens, I don’t even care what the song is. I really enjoy Damo’s voice very much. I’d love this!

Immediately became a fan of Damo when I first saw him open for Mozzer in Manchester '04. This would be a treat!

Immediately became a fan of Damo when I first saw him open for Mozzer in Manchester '04. This would be a treat!
Me too but my intro was in Dublin at Alain's last Moz gig. John Grant is a good singer so I'll be looking forward to that duet too.

Damo is such an amazing singer.
I first saw him supporting Sinead O'Connor and it was one the few time I enjoyed a support act as much as the main act.
Morrissey has named Damo for years as one of his favourite artists so I'm really looking forward to hearing a duet. John Grant will be on there too, another great singer.

I CANT BELEIVE THAT THE MORAL VOICE AND POLITICALLY ASTUTE DAMIEN DEMPSEY WOULD CONTEMPLATE SINGING A DUO WITH MORRISSEY ....GIVEN MORRISSEY’S PRO SUPPORT OF THE ISREALI REGIME AND ITS CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY ....

Wow. Really hope this comes to pass. I've been saying for ages that one of the things I'd love him to do is duets and collaborations. In fact I'd love an album like that, I think it would breathe new life into him.

But it seems to be a project of Damien Dempsey (i.e, making an album of duets)... but I like the idea a lot, I think it would be the first time that Morrissey is the "guest singer" in someone else's album.

(except for what he did with Siouxsie, but it was released as a joint single).

It's nice that he accepted to collaborate in someone else's project.

But it seems to be a project of Damien Dempsey (i.e, making an album of duets)... but I like the idea a lot, I think it would be the first time that Morrissey is the "guest singer" in someone else's album.

(except for what he did with Siouxsie, but it was released as a joint single).

It's nice that he accepted to collaborate in someone else's project.

He was technically a guest singer on Nancy Sinatra's "Let Me Kiss You," which was released on her self-titled album. However, he basically just gave her the band's demo of the song to sing over and erased his lead vocals.

He was technically a guest singer on Nancy Sinatra's "Let Me Kiss You," which was released on her self-titled album. However, he basically just gave her the band's demo of the song to sing over and erased his lead vocals.

lets not forget Jean with Sandie Shaw. Or did someone already mention that? just backing vocal bit though.

anyways,I'm doubting this thing with Damo will happen.

*Update*
Just on Mando's instagram story today:
(14th Feb).

farkomalarco~1518562674~1714150433202040789_418366473.jpg

Very interesting indeed (not sure about the hashtag).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
lets not forget Jean with Sandie Shaw. Or did someone already mention that? just backing vocal bit though.

anyways,I'm doubting this thing with Damo will happen.
See above ^ the plot thickens :)
FWD.

Damo mentioned the duet erlier

http://districtmagazine.ie/feature/damien-dempsey-discusses-depression-irish-hip-hop-taking-dmt/

He spoke to me about his plans for a collaboration record due out next year. It will be a mix of old and new songs with Kate Tempest, John Grant and Morrissey set to feature. Morrissey, a great admirer of Damo’s work, penned in his autobiography(rather presumptuously assuming he will outlive the Donaghmede native), “Damien captivates and enchants with all the love of one blessed and unselfish… I see myself crying at his funeral, missing him already”.

On the matter of a collaboration Damo explained, “Morrissey said he’d sing one of me songs… He’s very busy at the moment but I’ll never speak to him again if he doesn’t do it!”

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom