Dallas, TX - Majestic Theatre (Apr. 15, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Shoplifters Of The World Unite // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by setlist.fm.

• BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN: Morrissey gets political at the Majestic Theatre by Keaton Bell (4 photos) - Red Dirt Report. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @drmprop / Instagram:

39909_dallas.jpg

Last edited:
Nice review, but did he actually say “To all the Gods in the world, bless you.”???
Indeed he did.
At the start of this:

Regards,
FWD.

Just to nitpick , did "masses of fans" really walk out during the MIM video , as claimed in the article ?

A handful ... I can imagine this but hordes bolting for the exits ?
Hard to tell from this, but looks doubtful:
MIM.

Regards,
FWD.

I sat mid row at the first seat and there was no ” mass exit " on my side on the left. I saw a couple of people sit down for a bit. But all and all most people watched the video like I did and some sat down, like I did. The reason I do is because the song is longer than most songs he did and two people on my row said that standing at the Majestic where we were, there is an incline and it was killing our legs. I think that if you have seen him preform before like most veterans of Moz concerts you take it as a chance to “take a break ” and either get a beer or drop one off

Just to nitpick , did "masses of fans" really walk out during the MIM video , as claimed in the article ?

There were several people around me sitting down or looking away, but I didn't catch anyone leaving from my viewpoint near the front right. Methinks the author was using a little creative license there.

The young teen in front of me was all in for it and Ganglord, probably her first Morrissey show unless her mom was taking her as a tot. I guess they do still sometimes make them like they used to, bless her little glittery new wave heart.

Well, no word on makeup San Antonio and Tucson shows. I thought he might tack those on the end of this tour. Maybe they will be part of a larger US tour as was also suggested?

Well, no word on makeup San Antonio and Tucson shows. I thought he might tack those on the end of this tour. Maybe they will be part of a larger US tour as was also suggested?
Would be nice - especially with RSD promoting 12k copies of the record in a few days time.
If wishes were horses...
Regards,
FWD.

most veterans of Moz concerts you take it as a chance to “take a break ” and either get a beer or drop one off
"World Peace is None of Your Business" is also great for these important purposes. I did both in Houston (er, sorry - Sugar Land) and was back at my seat in time for the fog machine to flood the stage for "Jack the Ripper"

Great show all around, but Morrissey really needs to leave political polemic out of it. I paid for music, not commentary. If I wanted to hear more butt-hurt liberals whining I'd simply stay home and watch CNN or read Facebook. I don't go to England and start insulting/lecturing the British people about the perils of Brexit.

Give me a break. No politics needed at these shows. I booed when he insulted Trump and his voters. If you don't like America then don't come here and take our money.

Give me a break. No politics needed at these shows. I booed when he insulted Trump and his voters. If you don't like America then don't come here and take our money.
He didn't like something almost 54% of the populace didn't vote for - hang him.
Morrissey has been making 'political' comments since I first laid eyes on him in the early 80's - that surprises you how?
Ad nauseum...
FWD.

He didn't take your money - you gave it to him.

BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN: Morrissey gets political at the Majestic Theatre.
by Keaton Bell.
17th, April, 2017
http://www.reddirtreport.com/rustys...ain-morrissey-gets-political-majestic-theatre
Regards,
FWD.
View attachment 41420
Wish the vile videos were not part of the show. For me it took away from his performance as I looked on in disturbance. I saw many people walk out. Those type of videos can be found anywhere...I didn't care to see them at a concert. And there were kids there too. I'm not sure I will attend again. I almost walked out. Too bad because I really enjoy the music and the talent. Please reconsider what your audience is there to see in possible future shows. No hate, just complaint. ;)

There were more than a handful. That is true. Probably 20 or so...it was quite disturbing. I think it takes away from the performance (at least it did for me) when videos like that are shown. Those videos can be found anywhere on the internet. I didn't want to see them at a concert. There were kids there too. Love the music and the talent. Not sure I will attend again for fear of the videos on the huge screens. I almost walked out. I have done that in some movies that were so disturbing, as these videos happen to be. No hate for Moz, just a complaint. I wish I could have just seen a great performance by a great musician. Please reconsider these videos in future shows. GREAT set. BUT, let down by the videos. Ugh. And the politics...yawn. I'm so over the banter and opinions. Get on with the show, please.

I did the same thing. Ha. It gets really insipid to see politics at shows. I gave him my money and in turn he took it. Capitalism defined. Free enterprise. Private industry controlled by private owners, rather than state owned, for profit. I was happy to pay to see Morrissey in concert, however, I was let down by the unimaginative T-shirts. And the videos...I don't have words. Many may be untouched by such gruesome things but I am not one of them. He did perform rather well. I enjoyed the music.

Last edited:
actually, he said ' and may all the gods in the world bless you'

That's what I thought. And when I first heard those words, they made me think how close are Morrissey and Pope Francis in mind and soul. And they share a lot of followers too.

Very much agree. Even services as basic and common as YouTube can be great for those who look. I found a band called hoops just by clicking a link on a whim and loved them. things like band tcamp to are a neat way that technology is fueling new music these days. Future islands are cool but I have to say that living in Baltimore
I discovered Future Islands by watching a Letterman clip and was blown away...they haven't let me down since.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom