Dallas, TX - Majestic Theatre (Apr. 15, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Shoplifters Of The World Unite // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by setlist.fm.

• BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN: Morrissey gets political at the Majestic Theatre by Keaton Bell (4 photos) - Red Dirt Report. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @drmprop / Instagram:

39909_dallas.jpg

Last edited:
Morrissey is very clever finishing his US tour playing "Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me". It's amazing and I'm very glad to hear it.

Excellent show again at the Majestic. Here's a few from outside.

There was a line around to the back of the building, never seen this before at the Majestic. And 4 tour buses and a semi truck and trailer to carry band and crew which consists of a 6th member now, a percussionist tucked behind the bass cabinets, shaking tambourines, etc. He was positioned between Boz and the bassist but was not introduced by Moz. Tough gig.

And the Majestic backstage is so small, all of the road cases were stacked out back for the concert goers' line to snake through. Great time, Moz and the band sounded great.

Last edited:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
Did anyone get on stage ? And if so any pics of it

Did anyone get on stage ? And if so any pics of it

There was a failed attempt early on in "Ganglord." One guy made it—I think "Judy" had already finished and Moz was walking towards the stage to shake some hands. He got a quick embrace in. Sorry—no footage.

I heard from a friend in Dallas that a lot of people missed the first song ,they were still outside in the line for going inside ... videos started earlier than any other show and Moz was already on the stage 8:50.
Also that the Texas special merch was not available in Dallas , they must've sold out in Houston ...:cool:

His voice is hoarse at times and he doesn't sing some high parts

[video]
Not sure but think the last time he sung Last Night, was in Edinburgh 2012, I've got that gig down as one of the best, happy memories :thumb:

I heard from a friend in Dallas that a lot of people missed the first song ,they were still outside in the line for going inside ... videos started earlier than any other show and Moz was already on the stage 8:50.
Also that the Texas special merch was not available in Dallas , they must've sold out in Houston ...:cool:

The merch guy told me that the Texas shirts sold out before the Houston show even started...I suppose that's somewhat possible...

There was a failed attempt early on in "Ganglord." One guy made it—I think "Judy" had already finished and Moz was walking towards the stage to shake some hands. He got a quick embrace in. Sorry—no footage.
What did the guy look like lol , did he look like a crazy fan ?

Was supposed to get a Texas shirt for a friend in LA to give him for the convention when I go. The guy at the shirt counter told me that since is the last stop that they ran out of a lot of merch. People were snagging up anything they could get. The Moz for president was only in large and had two when we walked in. Went back for a Lucha one and they sold the last one then. It looked like they were selling all the left overs

Better off getting shirts from the bootleggers outside cheaper and actually have some decent shirts that are better then the official ones.

In Morrissey's defense, Dallas show goers are habitually late and lazy about show times. They seem to think the show will wait for them, bless 'em!

I honestly doubt this is the last show ever. Hasn't he teased that before?

Besides, he loves to tour too much (to the detriment of his own health, seemingly!), and I feel like the bit before Crashing Bores was meant more in jest than any hint at retirement.

I honestly doubt this is the last show ever. Hasn't he teased that before?

Besides, he loves to tour too much (to the detriment of his own health, seemingly!), and I feel like the bit before Crashing Bores was meant more in jest than any hint at retirement.

he was just shading ''you know who'', hardly being literal about this being his last show

Great new Moz interview here with some excellent quotes: FollowingTheMozziah.blogspot.com

"No current artists are capable of lacing my vegan shoes. I would dearly wish to duet with Shirley Bassey on Let Me Sing and I’m Happy. I find her infinitely fascinating. I always have and unless she is pictured with Joyce I always will."

"Streaming is the tomb into which artistic integrity will soon lower itself into. One has no emotional attachment to something that can be played at the click of a button and re-played, and re-played and re-played. It is unlikely that Sheeran or any of the other parade of PR popstars you have listed have ever spent their own money on music and therefore they devalue it completely. Rhianna would not pay $10 for her own album but she can sit at home, with the sound down on her electronic device, and listen to her own songs for as long as she wants. One wonders if streaming is a record company ploy which would explain why I am never streamed. Streaming is an easy victory. Have any of these people muttered or stuttered a single word of importance? Perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut all those years ago and today I would be considered of greater importance than David Bowie or at least Limahl."

"The songs are there, the interest is not. I am not a complete slag and will not chase the labels, the labels must chase the artist. I am open to offers."

Apologies mozbots o_O

I am now fully blown, off some backalley shenanigans :thumb:

But if I'm Still Ill, Those Posts Won't Be Funny Anymore

:confused::confused::confused:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom