Daily Mail Morrissey article "Bonfire Of Teenagers" & Manchester Bombing (October 27, 2022)

Richard LittleJohn best know as the conservative poster boy reviews Morrissey Bonfire of teenagers.

RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Why should we go easy on Islamist killers? Singer Morrissey rejects the ubiquitous 'turn another cheek' response. And quite right, too - dailymail.co.uk

But sadly I feel it misses the point & makes him out to be some sort of pop star for the Far Right.

But again what do you expect from the Daily Mail.

October 29, 2022:
Now a Central post:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it’s Morrissey’s thought, not mine.

Tell that to the parents that lost their children, I’m sure they’ll understand.
You believe Morrissey is referring to British intelligence in that song? Are you here all week?

What do you mean?
He’s implying that you are a comedian. He found great humor in what you said. He’s wondering, in jest, if you will be performing here all week.

He’s implying that you are a comedian. He found great humor in what you said. He’s wondering, in jest, if you will be performing here all week.

You think? Because, I find no humor in the subject matter.

You think? Because, I find no humor in the subject matter.
I’ve not been paying much attention (this thread should have died several pages ago), but yes. That is most certainly what he meant.

? Don’t worry, there’ll be plenty more threads about the song BoT.
I’m afraid so. Never bet against the endless amounts of endless and fruitless debates about Moz-related controversies.

MI5 went … easy on the killer.

Tbf he wasn’t a killer at that point. I’m still waiting to hear from anybody that “went easy” on Abedi after the attack (once he was a killer)

To me the line doesn’t make any sense and is overdramatic. Nobody went easy on him after the bombing.

“Go easy on the suspect” doesn’t have the same ring I guess.

Tbf he wasn’t a killer at that point. I’m still waiting to hear from anybody that “went easy” on Abedi after the attack (once he was a killer)

To me the line doesn’t make any sense and is overdramatic. Nobody went easy on him after the bombing.

“Go easy on the suspect” doesn’t have the same ring I guess.

My interpretation is that Morrissey could also have sung … ‘go easy on terrorism’. But that’s not as poetic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom