Daily Mail Morrissey article "Bonfire Of Teenagers" & Manchester Bombing (October 27, 2022)

Richard LittleJohn best know as the conservative poster boy reviews Morrissey Bonfire of teenagers.

RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Why should we go easy on Islamist killers? Singer Morrissey rejects the ubiquitous 'turn another cheek' response. And quite right, too - dailymail.co.uk

But sadly I feel it misses the point & makes him out to be some sort of pop star for the Far Right.

But again what do you expect from the Daily Mail.

October 29, 2022:
Now a Central post:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear,

Mozzballs doesn't think Littlejohn has missed the point.

Mozzballs is happy to be some sort of pop star for the Far Right.

Mozzballs doesn't think Littlejohn is a douche.

And turns out Mozzballs is delighted with Littlejohn's support.

So funny.

If I was Morrissey I could not give a flying f*** if I was called far right. It's a weak sauce argument from those of weak mind.

“In Manchester, after the arena bombing, mourners were encouraged to sing Don't Look Back In Anger, by local heroes Oasis.”

Scarcely an accurate account of what happened; as if ‘Oasis’ initiated it.

Just broadly though, you’d be trying hard to find anyone thicker than Littlejohn writing in the UK press.

how can M have anything to do with what a journalist writes,dont get the tour pissed up the wall bit.

Instead of talking about his great voice or the good sales or the whole album - the conversation is now back to him opposing immigration, being against diversity, hating Muslims - whatever spin someone puts on it.

And it's obviously what Central wants the conversation to be about - so reviews are likely to be muted or bad, sales will be low & airplay will be zero.

M is clever enough to know that these evil events and others are false flags set up by the elite and innocent people die because the sheeple are the living dead ...🙄
sorry if the truth hurts its truth still !

Last edited:
Instead of talking about his great voice or the good sales or the whole album - the conversation is now back to him opposing immigration, being against diversity, hating Muslims - whatever spin someone puts on it.

And it's obviously what Central wants the conversation to be about - so reviews are likely to be muted or bad, sales will be low & airplay will be zero.
Just face it, he’s getting exactly what he’s ordering: Sunset Boulevard.

The song is completely justified and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

The Islamic side of the seemingly now normalised terror attacks across Europe over the past 20 years is always played down, as if it is all coincidental, but that’s like suggesting the IRA terror attacks of the 80s had nothing to do with Irish republicanism.

I am not sure how not mentioning the person's name is going to help????? A picture tells a thousand words.

Unfortunately, stereotypes persist and once they get embedded into society then they are there almost forever. Not that's it's right, it's just the way it is.

Bravado explained, I think.

littlejohn is a bit pompous but at least his article is bringing whats wrong with britain to the general public.
What's wrong with Britain is far too many people read what this nasty bastard writes in his columns every week and take it for gospel. He's far worse than 'a little pompous' - he's a hate-mongering, shit-stirring, vile hypocrite with zero self-awareness and even less moral fibre.

This is a man who has spent the last two years writing vicious articles denouncing anyone working from home as a workshy layabout who spends all day eating biscuits and watching TV in their pyjamas. He conveniently neglects to mention that he himself works from home (sometimes his home in London, sometimes his beachside home in Florida) and has done since the 1980s.

Here's a good rule of thumb I learned from my father and it's stood me well in life: If Richard Littlejohn likes it, it's got to be bad.

For any non-UK fans reading this who may be unaware of who this Richard Littlebrain is, you need only scroll down past the Morrissey article and read his other pearls of wisdom to see the kind of man you're dealing with.

After a piss poor attempt at humour that falls flat on its arse, he has a go at footballers who are trying to help people who can't afford to eat, and makes snidey remarks about people who use food banks and the LGBTQ community. He follows this up with a sweeping and untrue statement that no one outside Islington supports the Just Stop Oil protests (I don't live in Islington and I'm behind them 100%) and in the same breath manages to take the piss out of a homeless man. He tops this all off with a pointless "I'm MAGA, me" comment about Biden/Trump in which he insults the entire left wing of politics, everyone on Twitter, the BBC and the US media.

The man is a raging cauldron of poisonous bile. It's sad to see that Morrissey welcomes the support of a person like this.

Again,
Where is the name being redacted?

Wikipedia - The attacker

Have you read the article? A council (among other institutions) is hushing up names in order to avoid the inevitable over representation in certain crimes such as terrorism, sexual assaults and grooming gangs.

Many people have commented here but none have condemned that council.

Again,

Have you read the article? A council (among other institutions) is hushing up names in order to avoid the inevitable over representation in certain crimes such as terrorism, sexual assaults and grooming gangs.

The Daily Mail and Richard Littlejohn? Of course I haven't read the article. I did just do a search for Manchester bombing and name of attacker, and the name was all over the results. You can't build an argument based on one crackpot council. Assuming what RL says is 100% true. Searching for bomber/redacted etc brings back nothing.

Last edited:

With no official release in the UK, your prediction of muted reviews, low sales and zero airplay seems correct. Whether the reason behind this strange decision is the record company’s expectation of à serious backlash in the UK, making any effort to promote the album in the UK look like a waste of time and money, I think that verdict is still out.

Again,

That just seems like obvious loony bullshit. "A council" isn't a newspaper or a court. In what way would it be "hushing up names"?

A great tour pissed up the wall.

The conversation is now about how much he does (or doesn't) hate immigrants.
It's not about hating anyone. It's about the pros and cons of mass immigration. Anyone who hates migrants needs to re-evaluate their life.
If every town and village in the British Isles becomes as 'diverse' as London - is that a good thing or a bad thing? Are we allowed to have a view? If you ask the people living in those towns and villages, they will undoubtedly have a view. People of recent migrant heritage living in those town and villages will undoubtedly have a view. It's got nothing to do with hating anybody. It's about what sort of place you want to live in, and bring your kids up in. It's about whether there is a thing called 'society' and 'community' and whether those concepts matter.

It's not about hating anyone. It's about the pros and cons of mass immigration. Anyone who hates migrants needs to re-evaluate their life.
If every town and village in the British Isles becomes as 'diverse' as London - is that a good thing or a bad thing? Are we allowed to have a view? If you ask the people living in those towns and villages, they will undoubtedly have a view. People of recent migrant heritage living in those town and villages will undoubtedly have a view. It's got nothing to do with hating anybody. It's about what sort of place you want to live in, and bring your kids up in. It's about whether there is a thing called 'society' and 'community' and whether those concepts matter.

You like them, but you want them to leave, even if they'd rather stay. Whatever.

He's selling another album with a race row hanging over his head - it's going to be what it's going to be.

All of the above^^

Anyone who can't engage with this conversation without playing the race card needs to school up or drop out.

You like them, but you want them to leave, even if they'd rather stay. Whatever.

He's selling another album with a race row hanging over his head - it's going to be what it's going to be.
It's not about liking or not liking anyone. It's nothing to do with race. It's about numbers and tipping points - and culture and community. Morrissey is enamoured with British working class culture from the 1960s for a reason. Not because it was perfect - because it was his.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom