Daily Mail: "Big Mouth Strikes AGAIN! Morrissey is filmed from his BA business class seat demanding to be 'let off' the plane..." (May 13, 2023)

70899613-0-image-a-19_1683881070705.jpg

Big Mouth Strikes AGAIN! Morrissey is filmed from his BA business class seat demanding to be 'let off' the plane that was grounded due to stormy weather

Excerpt:
Severe thunderstorms meant his flight from London Heathrow to the Irish capital was diverted to Shannon on the west coast of Ireland where it sat on the tarmac for almost two hours until the weather improved.

But once on the tarmac, witnesses said Morrissey demanded to speak to the captain and asked to be 'let off' the Airbus A320 as he didn't 'want to be hanging around in [a] coffin' for hours.

Video passed to MailOnline shows him standing at the front of the plane, in a blue suit, talking to a cabin crew member who is heard telling him: 'We have to put the paperwork in the computer, close the door and then off we go'.

Related item:

I've just realised what amuses me most about the video, which is that Morrissey is seated in what is apparently the business class section of the plane. Jeez! Makes me wonder what their economy seats look like.
You get a free copy of The Daily Mail in Business. (And two copies in Economy).

yip phranc song was decent and these type of songs usually do well in eurovision.
tactical voting ruined eurovision when russia split up and all the regions started voting for each other.
Tell me more about the UK song. Not exactly Bucks Fizz, Gordy.

The only surprising thing about this amusing event is that an habitual international flyer seems totally unprepared for such a likely inconvenient eventuality.

Having a mild anxiety episode in relation to being trapped on the tarmac is nothing to be ashamed of since there's no evidence of any seriously delinquent behaviour in this footage, just a mild man-baby toddler tantrum.

Perhaps a few sessions with an hypnotist or an aviation anxiety therapist would help?

I recall this singer having a bizarre meltdown about a pre-flight security search which they seemed to suggest was suspicious, perhaps even sexualised: until the footage revealed an entirely nondescript situation.

It may be the case that this entertainer is unused to accepting limits on their in-flight behaviour due to being surrounded by flunkies who ignore or condone irrational responses to consensus reality & thus feel unable to limit the intake of disinhibitory pre-flight and onboard alcohol taken as an anti-anxiolytic.

It's a vast tragedy that such an icon is reduced to traveling business class for a stressful 60 minute flight from London to Dublin, just another of the morbid sequelae of being robbed of their deserved global religious fame by a vast conspiracy.

Perhaps a 'crowd-funder' to purchase a private jet could be organised?

It's outrageous that a tabloid newspaper would invade this person's privacy by reporting their behaviour on a public flight. Perhaps Meghan and Harry will invite this entertainer to support them on their next 'World Privacy Tour' so he can sing 'If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me'.

Someone needs to explain ''The Streisand Effect' to this entertainer.

https://consequence.net/2015/10/footage-of-morrisseys-alleged-airport-sexual-assault-surfaces-watch/

brummie your too late to the party as americans say,we have moved on to the farce of eurovision.

Sometimes it takes a little spirit to give one the spirit to express what others probably also feel.

The saddest thing about the film is, that no one joined him in clapping and speaking out also.
What is really sad is that you think crew members should be abused and harassed just because your idol did it. You have a god, don't fool yourself. His behavior was despicable, those people were doing their jobs in circumstances beyond their control, they were confined in a cabin with him and you think it's sad others did not join in with his bullying.

He didn't swear & he wasn't insulting - it's not that bad. If you 'dread' to think - then you shouldn't be anywhere near a soundcheck, you'd never survive it.
I don't know whose sound checks you go to, but I have been to plenty, without incident. There isn't any excuse for this.

As a former alcoholic myself, I am inclined not to brush this off just because I am a serious Morrissey fan.

This is yet another sign that he's in a downward spiral. Pretend it ain't happening but you'll remember this next time...

Viva Freight
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know Your Seat Number?
That Inflight Movie Isn't Funny Anymore
I Want The Flight I Can't Have
Airport Gates
There Is A Landing Light That Never Goes Out
Some Planes Are Bigger Than Others
The Cabin Crew Are Afraid of the Passengers
The Night Morrissey Popped

Last edited:
As a former alcoholic myself, I am inclined not to brush this off just because I am a serious Morrissey fan.

This is yet another sign that he's in a downward spiral. Pretend it ain't happening but you'll remember this next time...

I wonder if he is embarrassed by this article. Watch, he will cancel his tour and check into rehab.

I recall this singer having a bizarre meltdown about a pre-flight security search which they seemed to suggest was suspicious, perhaps even sexualised: until the footage revealed an entirely nondescript situation.

It may be the case that this entertainer is unused to accepting limits on their in-flight behaviour due to being surrounded by flunkies who ignore or condone irrational responses to consensus reality...
Well, yes. I think Morrissey just can't cope with other people having authority and telling him what to do - see also his complaints about airport staff telling him what to do in 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' documentary:

The guy has spent his entire life enabled and mollycoddled, from Marr to Mum, and his only real contact is with yes-men and friends on the payroll. In any other situation where he can't get his way, he walks. It must be galling for a rich rock star to be put in a position where he has to submit to any authority. Most of us have got used to it over the years, at least enough where we can recognize a situation where it's best just to shrug and submit. I don't think Morrissey has ever learned that.

Well, yes. I think Morrissey just can't cope with other people having authority and telling him what to do - see also his complaints about airport staff telling him what to do in 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' documentary:

The guy has spent his entire life enabled and mollycoddled, from Marr to Mum, and his only real contact is with yes-men and friends on the payroll. In any other situation where he can't get his way, he walks. It must be galling for a rich rock star to be put in a position where he has to submit to any authority. Most of us have got used to it over the years, at least enough where we can recognize a situation where it's best just to shrug and submit. I don't think Morrissey has ever learned that.

"...votre passeport, s'il vous plaît..."

"And as for you in your uniform
Your smelly uniform
You think you can be rude to me
Because you wear a uniform
A smelly uniform
And so you think you can be rude to me

But even I, as sick as I am, I would never be you
Even I, as sick as I am, I would never be you
Even I, sick and depraved, a traveller to the grave
I would never be you.."

"...votre passeport, s'il vous plaît..."