Daily Mail article about Morrissey out grocery shopping in LA (7 June 2022)

It's the usual Daily Mail style inf0-dump article, just with a couple of pics of Morrissey in a rented Mini, in LA.

The relevant text being:

Morrissey put on a low-key display as he was seen sitting in his car as he headed out to do a spot of food shopping in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

The singer, 63, cut a casual figure in a salmon shirt as he lounged in his black vehicle before sending his assistant into Gelson's to pick up some groceries.

He shielded his eyes from the bright sunshine with an oversized pair of brown sunglasses and wore his silver locks in a natural style.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
He is in federal court, not state court
It’s exactly what I wrote. Rapp filed a motion to move the case from federal court to state court, it was denied, the case can move forward in federal court. The judge is Kaplan. Now replying once again saying something just because you love grasping at the straw. Read court documents, please.

You made several posts about what Morrissey didn't say and then when asked directly what he did say you wrote:

"
In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Rapp is publicly alleging for the first time that in 1986, Spacey befriended Rapp while they both performed on Broadway shows, invited Rapp over to his apartment for a party, and, at the end of the night, picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance. According to public records, Spacey was 26. Rapp was 14."

You say "Rapp was not in a play with Spacey." He was in a show on Broadway when this happened. Are we arguing about whether or not a Broadway musical is "a play?"

You say, "He regularly went to parties without his parents." Lots of 14 year olds go to parties without their parents. Does that mean that they are fair game for any rapists or molesters who may be in the vicinity?
I would ask for proof because I think you're making that up as an attempt to blame the victim. "He went to parties! He was asking for it!" But it wouldn't make any difference if that's true or not.

Can you prove Spacey didn't mean Rapp's parents? Can you tell me why this matters?

Again, a 14 year old should be safe in the company of an adult coworker. While we can't bet on this, when the adult does try to rape or molest the child the one at fault is the adult.

I'd suggest sticking to the facts and avoiding personal remarks because you're position, your claims, your "arguments" all suggest that Morrissey has some kind of infallibility in your eyes and that suggests that you may be the one who is malfunctioning.
Rapp was in a play with Ed Harris named “Precious Sons” in the same play Harris, playing the role of Rapp’s dad, came back home drunk and does sexual advances to his son, Rapp, sleeping in the marital bed and believing he was his wife. Can you see the similarities with Rapp’s accusation? Don’t tell me that it could be a simple coincidence. Spacey at time was going to start in a play with Jack Lemmon, his first role in a big Broadway production, before it he just worked in Off Broadway. He met Rapp in a couple of occasions and there was another guy, the actor John Barrowman, he was 19 at time and Spacey flirted with him ignoring Rapp. It’s in court documents, Barrowman testified and wrote about it long ago in his biography published years before the scandal. Whatever Morrissey said about Spacey wasn’t completely out of touch, but surprisingly accurate. And Morrissey didn’t know about the women who sued Weinstein and sent him in jail, no one knew them at time, surely Weinstein isn’t in jail for celebrities gossip, but because a studio assistant and an hairdresser reported him to the police, not to the press or Facebook accounts.

It’s exactly what I wrote. Rapp filed a motion to move the case from federal court to state court, it was denied, the case can move forward in federal court. The judge is Kaplan. Now replying once again saying something just because you love grasping at the straw. Read court documents, please.
You don't understand what you have posted and I am not here to teach class.

You don't understand what you have posted and I am not here to teach class.
Typical troll. No argument, but attack, attack, and attack again. I’m surprised you didn’t write something as “learn English” another typical argument by offensive troll. It’s going to arrive soon. I wrote the case is moving forward in federal court since from the start, the case has diversity because Rapp is NYC resident as Spacey is a Maryland resident, you wrote about SOL in a case that can be in court just because SOL was removed with the Child Act approved when Andrew Cuomo was Governor of NYS. Facts allegedly happened in NYC, so the Child Act can be applied removing the SOL, but the case can move forward in Federal Court because it has “diversity”, aka two USA citizens residing in two different states. Who does need a class?

They look miserable.
I say this not as a dig, a poke or an attack but I think there is a general sense of sadness about you.
I wager it's one of your main emotions.
I say, this as I have noticed around 30% of the time you lean toward the "he looks depressed"" I bet hes lonely " kind of comment.
You said it about his B'day based on an IG clip that was no more than 3 minutes That he seemed lonely, far away from friends. You may be right but it could be said he was happy as most people are when they get to his age and another bday has arrived.
You mentioned he only had business people around but that may have just been one clip at what may have been a business-type meeting. He may have met up with Tina and Samanta Fox for a game of Crazy Golf in Santa Monica fo all we know

I say this not as a dig, a poke or an attack but I think there is a general sense of sadness about you.
I wager it's one of your main emotions.
I say, this as I have noticed around 30% of the time you lean toward the "he looks depressed"" I bet hes lonely " kind of comment.
You said it about his B'day based on an IG clip that was no more than 3 minutes That he seemed lonely, far away from friends. You may be right but it could be said he was happy as most people are when they get to his age and another bday has arrived.
You mentioned he only had business people around but that may have just been one clip at what may have been a business-type meeting. He may have met up with Tina and Samanta Fox for a game of Crazy Golf in Santa Monica fo all we know
Maybe so. Maybe I've just been a fan for a long time and recognise that things have changed a lot in the last 10 years.

By his own admission, Morrissey had a breakdown when his mother died. I think if you read his occasional statements, look at the nostalgic photos he posts and read his lyrics, a picture builds of a man who finds it very hard to be happy at the best of times and yearns for an earlier part of his life. Time rolls on, he has struggled with ill health, his career is at a very low ebb too. I don't think I've said anything new or shocking in just noticing these things. It has always been part of who he is, and some days it just shows. Happy people don't write songs with sentiments like "I Wish You Lonely" and "I Live in Oblivion".

I am a bit surprised that you, of all users, posted this though. Many of your posts seem to suggest that Morrissey's life fell apart when he left England.

Last edited:
Maybe so. Maybe I've just been a fan for a long time and recognise that things have changed a lot in the last 10 years.

By his own admission, Morrissey had a breakdown when his mother died. I think if you read his occasional statements, look at the nostalgic photos he posts and read his lyrics, a picture builds of a man who finds it very hard to be happy at the best of times and yearns for an earlier part of his life. Time rolls on, he has struggled with ill health, his career is at a very low ebb too. I don't think I've said anything new or shocking in just noticing these things. It has always been part of who he is, and some days it just shows. Happy people don't write songs with sentiments like "I Wish You Lonely" and "I Live in Oblivion".

I am a bit surprised that you, of all users, posted this though. Many of your posts seem to suggest that Morrissey's life fell apart when he left England.
Morrissey’s life didn’t fall apart, he’s still suffering for his mum for sure, but he can survive and move on as always. Morrissey is unapologetic, he isn’t an hypocrite, he said, says, and will always say things, apparently, out of touch, but most of the times he says things anyone thinks, but he’s too afraid to say it in public. That’s why I love Morrissey.

Morrissey’s life didn’t fall apart, he’s still suffering for his mum for sure, but he can survive and move on as always. Morrissey is unapologetic, he isn’t an hypocrite, he said, says, and will always say things, apparently, out of touch, but most of the times he says things anyone thinks, but he’s too afraid to say it in public. That’s why I love Morrissey.
I didn't say that it did.

Typical troll. No argument, but attack, attack, and attack again. I’m surprised you didn’t write something as “learn English” another typical argument by offensive troll. It’s going to arrive soon. I wrote the case is moving forward in federal court since from the start, the case has diversity because Rapp is NYC resident as Spacey is a Maryland resident, you wrote about SOL in a case that can be in court just because SOL was removed with the Child Act approved when Andrew Cuomo was Governor of NYS. Facts allegedly happened in NYC, so the Child Act can be applied removing the SOL, but the case can move forward in Federal Court because it has “diversity”, aka two USA citizens residing in two different states. Who does need a class?
Honestly, I don't care what is going on with Spacey, but you have come here to defend a person with many allegations of sexual assault against them, which is really rather disgusting.

Honestly, I don't care what is going on with Spacey, but you have come here to defend a person with many allegations of sexual assault against them, which is really rather disgusting.
So if you had many allegations against YOU of this type and IF you were innocent of them; us defending YOU would be 'really rather disgusting' would it?

Are you assuming that Spacey is guilty already?

Maybe he is, maybe he's disgusting. No smoke without fire and all that.

Has it been proven now or is it just disgusting to defend an accused person regardless of their guilt, simply because they are accused?

It was him and the victim was paid off. It all went away.
Mmm. Interesting. How much is it nowadays, to make it all "go away"?
He said that actresses are whores basically
And the following week he sang that about singers...
Parts of that segment are reasonable, but suggesting that the Spacey allegations don't ring true because a 14 year old boy should have 'known' it was coming and manoeuvred himself out of the situation - that's unbelievable. "I was never in that situation because I was always aware of where things could lead' ... it's smug, it's tone-deaf, it's blaming a teenager for their own assault. Those comments are indefensible.

He's feeling smug because his mum warned him about these situations. And about girls.
She seems to have forgotten to warn him about everything else, though.:rolleyes:

On a side note - Morrissey was a 14 year old boy once. And had creepy teachers. Spent time with an older woman who took him to nightclubs in which sexual things occurred. Got chased by girls who punched him. Lost his virginity at 13. And had serious trouble forming normal relationships.
That's news to me...
Morrissey is an intuitive guy
:laughing:

The guy looks his age, which is 63. I like that he doesn't try to appear younger than he is by dyeing his hair, getting botox or wearing clothes meant for 20 somethings; not that there's anything innately wrong with any of those things, it just wouldn't be him.
He’s got PLENTY of Botox in his forehead m8

So if you had many allegations against YOU of this type and IF you were innocent of them; us defending YOU would be 'really rather disgusting' would it?

Are you assuming that Spacey is guilty already?

Maybe he is, maybe he's disgusting. No smoke without fire and all that.

Has it been proven now or is it just disgusting to defend an accused person regardless of their guilt, simply because they are accused?
That's not the argument that matters. Of course there is a difference between a person who is more likely guilty than not and a person who has actually been convicted of a crime.
But the interview quotes weren't about people being wrongfully accused. It was about victims deserving blame because they should have known better.

Nice try I guess but totally beside the point.

Who are Morrissey's fashion influences? I use to think with the open shirts and dangling necklaces/ crucifixes that it might've been someone like Telly Savalas.

Yes, I agree enough says what many do not dare, but sometimes it does not serve him to do that. And I think that although Moz adores his mother and suffered a lot and still misses her a lot because she was a very present mother, he goes ahead with his life and records records and is upright despite everything, and I do not think he is swimming in a sea of antidepressants, I think it is exaggerated a lot with the subject of his depression, he is not always depressed as everyone believes,... He Walks around the world accompanied, and those things.....

That's not the argument that matters. Of course there is a difference between a person who is more likely guilty than not and a person who has actually been convicted of a crime.
But the interview quotes weren't about people being wrongfully accused. It was about victims deserving blame because they should have known better.

Nice try I guess but totally beside the point.

No - they weren't.

He didn't think it sounded true.

He wasn't saying anyone deserved it.

& in beside the point news - you keep posting that Spacey groomed the parents - despite none of the allegations against him involving groomed parents.

The important point is that an adult and decent man never allows a minor to be in his room. which of course speaks ill of the adult not of the minor, although the minor is impressed by that person and wants to be with him,

And to hammer it in (Yo Trini!) about Morrissey being "intuitive":
Having intuition to me means you're in tune with yourself and the universe. That's a state that happens to most of us only now and then ( and to some people maybe never?), because we're caught in all kinds of stuff that humans have created to distract themselves from the human experience. Phones, jobs, wars, ring roads, Kim Karwash's arse, etc.
As far as I can see, Morrissey is not connected to anything but his fake self. I'd say that's 85% of him (the remaining 15% is just confusion.) That's what nearly all his choices in life are based on. By a combination of luck and people making it easy for him, he has made these choices "work".
Morrissey is just a prime example of how a f.cked up hooman can thrive and contribute to a f.cked up world.

Has nothing to do with "intuition", that humans had from day one on earth, and that they've succeeded in almost eradicating from their lives.

If humans had intuition, they wouldn't be on the brink of collapse. And neither would Morrissey ( although that might be a bit melodramatic; he's probably just going to die.)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom