Daily Mail article about Morrissey out grocery shopping in LA (7 June 2022)

It's the usual Daily Mail style inf0-dump article, just with a couple of pics of Morrissey in a rented Mini, in LA.

The relevant text being:

Morrissey put on a low-key display as he was seen sitting in his car as he headed out to do a spot of food shopping in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

The singer, 63, cut a casual figure in a salmon shirt as he lounged in his black vehicle before sending his assistant into Gelson's to pick up some groceries.

He shielded his eyes from the bright sunshine with an oversized pair of brown sunglasses and wore his silver locks in a natural style.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone on planet earth saying that a fourteen year old, who has not been kidnapped or coerced, should not willingly be alone in the private bedroom of an adult movie star especially without parental or adult accompaniment - if we want the outcome of the interaction guaranteed to not cross any lines of propriety in any sense or for there to be any chance or question of unwanted conduct or of the situation taking any kind of a dangerous turn. The last 3 pages of this thread are still more Me-too hysteria.
Blaming everyone except the molester who groomed the child and won the trust of the child's parents is one of the most f***ed up things Morrissey has said. "Where were the parents," was an ignorant statement.
This kid was in a play with Spacey and Spacey had planned this.

Blaming the victim helps keep other victims from coming forward.

It's the exact same mentality that used to, and still does in many cases, lead to people asking, "what was she wearing," when a woman has been raped.

Spacey was not a movie star at the time and didn't have a decades long track record of sexual assault.
You say "without parental or adult accompaniment," but Spacey was the trusted adult accompaniment." He'd carefully maneuvered himself into that position.

Blaming everyone except the molester who groomed the child and won the trust of the child's parents is one of the most f***ed up things Morrissey has said. "Where were the parents," was an ignorant statement.
This kid was in a play with Spacey and Spacey had planned this.

Blaming the victim helps keep other victims from coming forward.

It's the exact same mentality that used to, and still does in many cases, lead to people asking, "what was she wearing," when a woman has been raped.

Spacey was not a movie star at the time and didn't have a decades long track record of sexual assault.
You say "without parental or adult accompaniment," but Spacey was the trusted adult accompaniment." He'd carefully maneuvered himself into that position.

Fake C you are you malfunctioning?

Rapp was not in a play with Spacey.

Spacey never met his parents.

Rapp did not tell his parents (or can't remember if he did) that he was going to Spacey's party.

He regularly went to cast parties without his parents.

He hadn't spent much time with Spacey before the party & didn't spend any time with him afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapp did not tell his parents (or can't remember if he did) that he was going to Spacey's party.

He hadn't spent much time with Spacey before the party & didn't spend any time with him afterwards.
You are delusional if you think defending Kevin Spacey is going to make Morrissey look better.

Child Act was approved just to give a chance to all the people assaulted as minor and who hadn’t the possibility to pursue civil or criminal lawsuits because the SOL expired. In other words the Child Act removed the SOL for sexual assault against minor in NYS. A motion by Rapp to move the case to the state court was denied.
He is in federal court, not state court

You made several posts about what Morrissey didn't say and then when asked directly what he did say you wrote:
They just ramble on.

It doesn't really matter.

Neither of them work in film or theatre.
"
In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Rapp is publicly alleging for the first time that in 1986, Spacey befriended Rapp while they both performed on Broadway shows, invited Rapp over to his apartment for a party, and, at the end of the night, picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance. According to public records, Spacey was 26. Rapp was 14."

You say "Rapp was not in a play with Spacey." He was in a show on Broadway when this happened. Are we arguing about whether or not a Broadway musical is "a play?"

You say, "He regularly went to parties without his parents." Lots of 14 year olds go to parties without their parents. Does that mean that they are fair game for any rapists or molesters who may be in the vicinity?
I would ask for proof because I think you're making that up as an attempt to blame the victim. "He went to parties! He was asking for it!" But it wouldn't make any difference if that's true or not.

Can you prove Spacey didn't mean Rapp's parents? Can you tell me why this matters?

Again, a 14 year old should be safe in the company of an adult coworker. While we can't bet on this, when the adult does try to rape or molest the child the one at fault is the adult.

I'd suggest sticking to the facts and avoiding personal remarks because you're position, your claims, your "arguments" all suggest that Morrissey has some kind of infallibility in your eyes and that suggests that you may be the one who is malfunctioning.

Now you've resorted to defending an alleged sex offender and blaming a child and his parents. This is low.

You made several posts about what Morrissey didn't say and then when asked directly what he did say you wrote:

"
In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Rapp is publicly alleging for the first time that in 1986, Spacey befriended Rapp while they both performed on Broadway shows, invited Rapp over to his apartment for a party, and, at the end of the night, picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance. According to public records, Spacey was 26. Rapp was 14."

You say "Rapp was not in a play with Spacey." He was in a show on Broadway when this happened. Are we arguing about whether or not a Broadway musical is "a play?"

You say, "He regularly went to parties without his parents." Lots of 14 year olds go to parties without their parents. Does that mean that they are fair game for any rapists or molesters who may be in the vicinity?
I would ask for proof because I think you're making that up as an attempt to blame the victim. "He went to parties! He was asking for it!" But it wouldn't make any difference if that's true or not.

Can you prove Spacey didn't mean Rapp's parents? Can you tell me why this matters?

Again, a 14 year old should be safe in the company of an adult coworker. While we can't bet on this, when the adult does try to rape or molest the child the one at fault is the adult.

I'd suggest sticking to the facts and avoiding personal remarks because you're position, your claims, your "arguments" all suggest that Morrissey has some kind of infallibility in your eyes and that suggests that you may be the one who is malfunctioning.

I didn't want to discuss it with LH in case it was triggering for her.

Then someone posted the video, so I posted the transcript.

The answers to your questions are IN THE BUZZFEED article you posted the link to.

You could try reading it.

Now you've resorted to defending an alleged sex offender and blaming a child and his parents. This is low.
No, Redacted. I was saying Fake C's post was inaccurate.
Maybe some of the details were incorrect, but the fact remains that Morrissey has blamed a child and his parents for the acts of an alleged sexual predator and no matter the context surrounding the event, there was an event, according to the alleged victim. You cannot whitewash this by nitpicking. I was not going to get into this part but now I guess I will. The video Morrissey made weeks later to talk about this in which he is actually shilling his album and single, blaming this controversy for lack of sales, accusing people of wanting to destroy him, doubling down, acting like a victim, saying contradictory things about what the US Secret Service said to him and claiming he may never be allowed in the US again is absolutely vile. He should be completely ashamed of himself that he whipped up this controversy for publicity. He was given an out to not talk about politics, but he decided to go ahead anyway and he completely set the fire, then poured gasoline all over it. I am usually very positive about Morrissey but this cannot be overlooked or excused.

Maybe some of the details were incorrect, but the fact remains that Morrissey has blamed a child and his parents for the acts of an alleged sexual predator and no matter the context surrounding the event, there was an event, according to the alleged victim. You cannot whitewash this by nitpicking. I was not going to get into this part but now I guess I will. The video Morrissey made weeks later to talk about this in which he is actually shilling his album and single, blaming this controversy for lack of sales, accusing people of wanting to destroy him, doubling down, acting like a victim, saying contradictory things about what the US Secret Service said to him and claiming he may never be allowed in the US again is absolutely vile. He should be completely ashamed of himself that he whipped up this controversy for publicity. He was given an out to not talk about politics, but he decided to go ahead anyway and he completely set the fire, then poured gasoline all over it. I am usually very positive about Morrissey but this cannot be overlooked or excused.

IDGAF.

The assault charge was dismissed on a statute of limitations defense, which is an affirmative defense, not a matter of whether it's factual or not. It means the time for the claim has expired. Rapp can still go forward on his claims of battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Spacey was just recently charged with 4 counts of sexual assault in the UK.
None of this really matters as we all know that everyone that sues Kevin Spacey ends up ded anyways...............

None of this really matters as we all know that everyone that sues Kevin Spacey ends up ded anyways...............
Well, their estates can still continue suit if they file before he kills them, but that is pretty strange how that happens

Well, their estates can still continue suit if they file before he kills them, but that is pretty strange how that happens
Hang around the Clintons long enough you pick up a few tricks :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom