Daily Mail article about Morrissey out grocery shopping in LA (7 June 2022)

It's the usual Daily Mail style inf0-dump article, just with a couple of pics of Morrissey in a rented Mini, in LA.

The relevant text being:

Morrissey put on a low-key display as he was seen sitting in his car as he headed out to do a spot of food shopping in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

The singer, 63, cut a casual figure in a salmon shirt as he lounged in his black vehicle before sending his assistant into Gelson's to pick up some groceries.

He shielded his eyes from the bright sunshine with an oversized pair of brown sunglasses and wore his silver locks in a natural style.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand what you mean.

The journalist who interviewed him taped the conversation for her own article.

Eventually it was posted on Der Spiegel's website - but before that the only source was her article.

The journalist who interviewed him taped the conversation for her own article.

Eventually it was posted on Der Spiegel's website - but before that the only source was her article.
So, what did he really say then? If not what the article by the BBC wrote? Ah, I don't know what to believe. I'd like to hear the original recording of the conversation. I guess that is what it comes down to then.

So, what did he really say then? If not what the article by the BBC wrote? Ah, I don't know what to believe. I'd like to hear the original recording of the conversation. I guess that is what it comes down to then.

They just ramble on.

It doesn't really matter.

Neither of them work in film or theatre.

The audio of the interview is on YouTube

Because Morrissey has never suggested that he is anything other than an assistant.
Yes but in 1994 right in the middle of his relationship with Jake he denied being in a relationship with anyone.

🙄

There was concern about a poster's welfare - but that horse may have bolted - so below is the transcript.

He's saying if it's true, it's bad - but some things might not be true.

Interestingly Spacey wasn't in a hotel room - but David Bowie was in a hotel room - so I think that's what he's been comparing it to.

JL: As we're in Hollywood, did you follow the whole scandal that came now with, like, Weinstein and Me Too and all those things.

Morrissey: uhh, to a point I did, but then it became uhh theatre and suddenly everybody's guilty. Suddenly anybody who has ever said to another person "I quite like you", suddenly they're being accused of sexual harassment. But you have to keep it in perspective, because if you can't say to somebody that you like them, then how will they ever know? But of course there are extreme cases and rape is revolting and any kind of physical attack is revolting. But we must keep it in perspective otherwise everybody on the planet is guilty. And everything. And we can't constantly have this superior attitude about what you should do and what you are not allowed to do. Because then we're all trapped, we can't relax. And some people are very clumsy when it comes to romance and if they meet somebody, they're very awkward, and they don't know how to do it really and how to let someone know. So it can sometimes seem aggressive.

JL: If I like someone I ignore them for like 5 years.

Morrissey: Typical, that's a typical response. And it's dangerous, because it's a waste of five years. But that's, many people do that or if they see somebody they like they look away. Ridiculous. Ridiculous.

JL: What do you think that they cut Kevin Spacey out of films now?

Morrissey: I think it's absurd because uhh, as far as I understand the situation, he was in a hotel room with a 14 year old. Well, Kevin Spacey was 26, the boy was 14, you have to wonder where the boy's parents were. You have to assume that the boy had an inkling of what might possibly happen. I mean I don't know about you, but I've never been, in my youth, in situations like that. Never. And I was always aware of how, where things could go. And if you're in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware, where it could lead to, and you have to say why, why are we here, why aren't we downstairs in the lobby... so it doesn't quite ring true to me and it seems that he has been unnecessarily attacked.

JL: Yeah, I'm also thinking about this whole thing with actresses.

Morrissey: And you also must wonder if, people know exactly what's happening and they go along with it. But then when it's happened they find that they're either embarrassed or they didn't like it, so they then reverse it, and say I was ambushed, I was taken by surprise, I was dragged into the room. But if the incident had gone very well and they had really enjoyed it and it led to an incredible career, they wouldn't mention it. And I hate to be that cynical because I hate rape and I hate attack, and I hate any sexual situation that is forced on a person against their will. But in many many situations you look at the circumstances and you think that the person who is called a victim is merely disappointed.

JL: Yeah, I think it's important to, like keep justify up, that it's still fair for everybody.

Morrissey: But also within the history of music and rock n roll, this entire history of groupies and people who throw, kids, that throw themselves at groups and stay in a hotel for the night, in the lobby, they want to be with those groups. And if you go through the history of music, everybody must be guilty of underage sex. So are you going to throw everybody in prison?

JL: Yeah, David Bowie, like, took the virginity of a 14 year old girl.

Morrissey: Yes, I think that was very common then.

JL: Did you ever have been in a situation like that?

Morrissey: No.

JL: Not even from your, older people?

Morrissey: No. Never. Never. Never.

🙄

There was concern about a poster's welfare - but that horse may have bolted - so below is the transcript.

Interestingly Spacey wasn't in a hotel room - but David Bowie was in a hotel room - so I think that's what he's been comparing it to.

JL: As we're in Hollywood, did you follow the whole scandal that came now with, like, Weinstein and Me Too and all those things.

Morrissey: uhh, to a point I did, but then it became uhh theatre and suddenly everybody's guilty. Suddenly anybody who has ever said to another person "I quite like you", suddenly they're being accused of sexual harassment. But you have to keep it in perspective, because if you can't say to somebody that you like them, then how will they ever know? But of course there are extreme cases and rape is revolting and any kind of physical attack is revolting. But we must keep it in perspective otherwise everybody on the planet is guilty. And everything. And we can't constantly have this superior attitude about what you should do and what you are not allowed to do. Because then we're all trapped, we can't relax. And some people are very clumsy when it comes to romance and if they meet somebody, they're very awkward, and they don't know how to do it really and how to let someone know. So it can sometimes seem aggressive.

Morrissey: Typical, that's a typical response. And it's dangerous, because it's a waste of five years. But that's, many people do that or if they see somebody they like they look away. Ridiculous. Ridiculous.

Morrissey: I think it's absurd because uhh, as far as I understand the situation, he was in a hotel room with a 14 year old. Well, Kevin Spacey was 26, the boy was 14, you have to wonder where the boy's parents were. You have to assume that the boy had an inkling of what might possibly happen. I mean I don't know about you, but I've never been, in my youth, in situations like that. Never. And I was always aware of how, where things could go. And if you're in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware, where it could lead to, and you have to say why, why are we here, why aren't we downstairs in the lobby... so it doesn't quite ring true to me and it seems that he has been unnecessarily attacked.

Morrissey: And you also must wonder if, people know exactly what's happening and they go along with it. But then when it's happened they find that they're either embarrassed or they didn't like it, so they then reverse it, and say I was ambushed, I was taken by surprise, I was dragged into the room. But if the incident had gone very well and they had really enjoyed it and it led to an incredible career, they wouldn't mention it. And I hate to be that cynical because I hate rape and I hate attack, and I hate any sexual situation that is forced on a person against their will. But in many many situations you look at the circumstances and you think that the person who is called a victim is merely disappointed.

JL: Yeah, I think it's important to, like keep justify up, that it's still fair for everybody.

Morrissey: But also within the history of music and rock n roll, this entire history of groupies and people who throw, kids, that throw themselves at groups and stay in a hotel for the night, in the lobby, they want to be with those groups. And if you go through the history of music, everybody must be guilty of underage sex. So are you going to throw everybody in prison?

People are right when they say this is not doing him any favors. I am not a liberal, I was not into that metoo stuff and this sounds awful even to me. I am very skeptical of people who come forward after so many years and yet Morrissey just sounds like a complete ass here. He needs to know when to shut it or stop wondering why he gets blowback.

People are right when they say this is not doing him any favors. I am not a liberal, I was not into that metoo stuff and this sounds awful even to me. I am very skeptical of people who come forward after so many years and yet Morrissey just sounds like a complete ass here. He needs to know when to shut it or stop wondering why he gets blowback.

If you're sceptical, why are you bothered about scepticism?

It was November 2017 - there was a lot of speculation & nothing had been proved.

🙄

He's a very interesting person he is. He does stick his neck out for the sake of being honest.

🙄

Parts of that segment are reasonable, but suggesting that the Spacey allegations don't ring true because a 14 year old boy should have 'known' it was coming and manoeuvred himself out of the situation - that's unbelievable. "I was never in that situation because I was always aware of where things could lead' ... it's smug, it's tone-deaf, it's blaming a teenager for their own assault. Those comments are indefensible.

Parts of that segment are reasonable, but suggesting that the Spacey allegations don't ring true because a 14 year old boy should have 'known' it was coming and manoeuvred himself out of the situation - that's unbelievable. "I was never in that situation because I was always aware of where things could lead' ... it's smug, it's tone-deaf, it's blaming a teenager for their own assault. Those comments are indefensible.

No - he was saying he didn't think it happened at all - that's what he meant by "it didn't ring true".

And he hadn't heard the correct story in any case.

If you're sceptical, why are you bothered about scepticism?

It was November 2017 - there was a lot of speculation & nothing had been proved.
I wouldn't give an interview and talk about my skepticism in the terms he did then wonder why people are offended, I would not talk about this at all because I don't know anything about it and neither does he.

It is absolutely despicable to ask why a 14 year old is on a bed and not ask why a 26 year old got on top of him. Is a 14 year old on a bed some sort of invitation?
NO.
Kevin Spacey never denied this either, he said he did not remember it.

And Morrissey's silly little nonsense about not being able to tell people you like them or it's sexual harassment. YES. Yes, at work it is and we are talking about people's jobs when we are talking about Weinstein.

Then he asks if all people who have sex with underage children should be in jail?
YES.

But he can't understand how this all went so wrong.

This is sickening, I won't discuss it further because now you have conjured up Sharon, an actual sex pest who sexually harassed a pre pubescent girl. It's ok to yell "Hey, nice ass" to young girls you don't know, right? Just telling them you like them and you may be too aggressive about it because you don't know better or you're clumsy or whatever he said and sex crimes against children should not put anyone in jail.

I am not sure how you think this helps him at all, and I don't want to know.

I wouldn't give an interview and talk about my skepticism in the terms he did then wonder why people are offended, I would not talk about this at all because I don't know anything about it and neither does he.

It is absolutely despicable to ask why a 14 year old is on a bed and not ask why a 26 year old got on top of him. Is a 14 year old on a bed some sort of invitation?
NO.
Kevin Spacey never denied this either, he said he did not remember it.

And Morrissey's silly little nonsense about not being able to tell people you like them or it's sexual harassment. YES. Yes, at work it is and we are talking about people's jobs when we are talking about Weinstein.

Then he asks if all people who have sex with underage children should be in jail?
YES.

But he can't understand how this all went so wrong.

This is sickening, I won't discuss it further because now you have conjured up Sharon, an actual sex pest who sexually harassed a pre pubescent girl. It's ok to yell "Hey, nice ass" to young girls you don't know, right? Just telling them you like them and you may be too aggressive about it because you don't know better or you're clumsy or whatever he said and sex crimes against children should not put anyone in jail.

I am not sure how you think this helps him at all, and I don't want to know.

Redacted, that is a berserker troll post.

You could at least try to be consistent.

No - he was saying he didn't think it happened at all - that's what he meant by "it didn't ring true".

And he hadn't heard the correct story in any case.
I know what he was saying. The allegations don't ring true to Moz because he'd expect a 14 yr old to know better (rather than the ADULT man?!) - and to be more 'aware', as M himself was at that age. In short: it didn't happen and if it did, the child must have been an idiot who walked around with his eyes closed. Really reflects well on Moz, that.

You know, somehow - the fact that you're defending this stuff actually bothers me more than Moz' comments. I can put those down to him being an out-of-touch bloke who grew up in a completely different time and still retains that 1970s mentality, there are thousands like him. He has always been mentally stuck in the 1970s and probably always will be.

It hurts more that a much-younger woman - who well knows that we live our lives being 'aware' of risk and being blamed for every shitty thing that happens to us - still can't call this tone-deaf, antediluvian nonsense out for what it is.

I know what he was saying. The allegations don't ring true to Moz because he'd expect a 14 yr old to know better (rather than the ADULT man?!) - and to be more 'aware', as M himself was at that age. In short: it didn't happen and if it did, the child must have been an idiot who walked around with his eyes closed. Really reflects well on Moz, that.

You know, somehow - the fact that you're defending this stuff actually bothers me more than Moz' comments. I can put those down to him being an out-of-touch bloke who grew up in a completely different time and still retains that 1970s mentality, there are thousands like him. He has always been mentally stuck in the 1970s and probably always will be.

It hurts more that a much-younger woman - who well knows that we live our lives being 'aware' of risk and being blamed for every shitty thing that happens to us - still can't call this tone-deaf, antediluvian nonsense out for what it is.

Bollocks.

He didn't think it sounded plausible. And as it didn't happen in a hotel - it wasn't.

In fact, the actual story isn't particularly plausible - Rapp was appearing in a Broadway play in which his character had a pass made at him by a drunk man - he claims that Spacey did the exact same thing as the drunk character in the play.

On a side note - Morrissey was a 14 year old boy once. And had creepy teachers. Spent time with an older woman who took him to nightclubs in which sexual things occurred. Got chased by girls who punched him. Lost his virginity at 13. And had serious trouble forming normal relationships.

Bollocks.

He didn't think it sounded plausible. And as it didn't happen in a hotel - it wasn't.

In fact, the actual story isn't particularly plausible - Rapp was appearing in a Broadway play in which his character had a pass made at him by a drunk man - he claims that Spacey did the exact same thing as the drunk character in the play.

On a side note - Morrissey was a 14 year old boy once. And had creepy teachers. Spent time with an older woman who took him to nightclubs in which sexual things occurred. Got chased by girls who punched him. Lost his virginity at 13. And had serious trouble forming normal relationships.
It's not bollocks, it's self-evident - that's why those remarks nearly collapsed his career, and all your bluff and bluster can't twist it any other way.

And for someone who doesn't believe the stories of teens, you seem to have no problem believing any old bollocks that comes out of Morrissey's mouth - including the '13' story. Linder Sterling said he was asked, in his early 20s, if he was a virgin and he said that he was.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom