Dagenham Dave?

Re: I ctand sorrected.

> actually from what i've read(which isn't much) i like her very
> much. sorry if my post suggested otherwise. i was trying to be
> sarcastic but it didn't work because i did it badly! i don't
> think it's boring at all and i'm glad she destroys the image of
> women only being "angels in the house."

So hard on yourself! And yes it is incredibly pleasant to see ANY kind of [unnecessary] social convention challenged, ridiculed and perhaps part way broken down...I know that I personally am tired of having to keep pointing out that I am not 'most women' I am ME. This does get so incredibly tiresome, and at times can give rise to homicidal rage...but above all else it is sooooo disappppointing!

> i've also only seen mrs. dalloway which isn't saying much
> for myself...i liked it lots but i am very lazy. thanks for the
> response and if i ever get any free time i'll try and actually read > the book.

Oh I don't know...I've only seen Orlando (the one with Tilda Swinton, directed by sally potter - have you seen it...I highly recommend it), and know full well it will probably be years before I get round to reading it!

Viva Morrissey Indeed
Cinders xx

Who's afraid of?

Oo, Virginia Woolf. I went through a funny phase when I was in my early twenties of reading almost all of her stuff. Hmm. Some is easier than others. I really liked "To The Lighthouse" (breathtakingly lyrical in places), but I think her paradigm started to drag on other novels, like "The Voyage Out" (ZZZzzzz). I didn't like "Mrs Dalloway" that much. It was a bit stodgy. "Orlando" was good fun though. I can't remember much about the others, although I remember reading "Between the Acts" and thinking it was very twee, very polite Thirties stuff. She's worth dipping into though (as Ms Sackville-West might have said... Sorry)

TMF x

Re: Yes but now we get to it!

Who's afraid of Virginia Woolfe by Edward Albee...now there's a thigh slappingly good piece of writing!

Re: Yes but now we get to it!

> Who's afraid of Virginia Woolfe by Edward Albee...now there's a
> thigh slappingly good piece of writing!
edward albee is actually teaching at my university! too badly i'm not a theatre major...

"with no reason"
salome

Re: I think thefact you can pee and poo at the same time is weird

Re: I didn't even know Dagenham was in Essex....but there you go: Tilbury Tim

Back
Top Bottom