Dagenham Dave Misprinted CD

Ben

Best Friend On Payroll
Hi,

Can anyone supply any information on the rarity and/or value of the misprinted Dagenham Dave CD? I've attached a screenshot showing where Morrissey" is misspelled "Morrjssey". I've seen other copies where it's spelled correctly. Thanks for your expertise!

Mine does not look like that, mine says Morrissey and it is a UK version of the disc.

Hey Ben,

The early pressing were marked with the typo. They later put it out with his name spelled properly. I have ask this same question here before and people seem to think it is not worth much. I did sell an extra in the forums about 5 years ago for $25. So somebody wants it. It should go for more money. Don't really understand why. It's one of those great mysteries. Like Aussie "Certain People". Why is that worthless? Unique packaging for a single that is already semi rare in the UK format and songs from the first four albums.

Hey Ben,

The early pressing were marked with the typo. They later put it out with his name spelled properly. I have ask this same question here before and people seem to think it is not worth much. I did sell an extra in the forums about 5 years ago for $25. So somebody wants it. It should go for more money. Don't really understand why. It's one of those great mysteries. Like Aussie "Certain People". Why is that worthless? Unique packaging for a single that is already semi rare in the UK format and songs from the first four albums.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=92474

I bought this CD on its date of release and mine says "Morrissey", so not all of the first CDs were mispressed.

I bought this CD on its date of release and mine says "Morrissey", so not all of the first CDs were mispressed.
I was just checking the same thing - mine was bought on day of release and yet spelt correctly, perhaps the misspelling was pulled from sale and therefore is quite rare...?

I was just checking the same thing - mine was bought on day of release and yet spelt correctly, perhaps the misspelling was pulled from sale and therefore is quite rare...?

They were both part of the original batch. The first copy I got the very same week the single came out had the misspelling. When I checked a different record shop in town a few days later, I found a copy without the misspelling.

Stephane

I've decided to sell my misprinted Dagenham Dave CD if anyone is interested. Below is a link and the details of the items from my collection that will be closing this week:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/belillyjr_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

A partial list of the items include:
• Misprinted Dagenham Dave CD
• Have-A-Go Merchant Promo Card sleeve CD
• “Now My Heart Is Full An Introspective 1984 – 1994” US Promo CD
• “William It Was Really Nothing” Smiths Rough Trade UK CD single
• “Tomorrow” US Promo CD
• “Boxers” US Promo CD
• “Billy Budd” US Promo CD
• “Glamorous Glue” US Promo CD

Back
Top Bottom