D.A.R.K. - new Andy Rourke and Dolores O'Riordan band

Doesn't really sound like my cup of tea - the dual male/female vocals in the video track sound a bit odd - but nice to see Andy is still actively making music.

I like it, very mid-80's New Orderish, nothing wrong with that.

Has anybody mentioned this yet? The Smiths meets the Cranberries.

Apparently they're playing in Dolan's in Limerick and Whelan's in Dublin in May.

Dolores in D.A.R.K. with ex-member of The Smiths - RTE Ten

Cranberries front woman Delores O'Riordan has teamed up with former Smiths bass player Andy Rourke and New York musician Olé Koretsky to form a new trio called D.A.R.K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad. I agree that the singing together is not my preference, but the music itself if very good. I've always been a Cranberries fan, so I'm curious to see what the album sounds like.

This could be very interesting. The Cranberries worked with some elements of The Smith's template with surprisingly pleasing results on their first two albums. Plus one hopes that Dolores has got over her recent legal problems. She has a beautiful voice and she's from Limerick. Like my family. Well, a branch of them.

BrummieBoy
Smithfield
Dublin
after attending the James Connolly 1916 commemoration

D A R K - that's a bit like ABBA as log as you don't mind being a bit sloppy with the details ...

Guess Andy got his second initial in there because, if it had been Delores, that would have made a different acronym.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom