Cyndi Lauper & Morrissey

Jonas

I am surprise of this thread, which has been posted on the Cyndi Lauper forum. But as I am there AND here, I thought to ask her as - so far - 60 Cyndi Lauper forum user (www.cyndilaupernews.com/forums) read this thread/question but obviously nobody knows, so I ask her. As right, it also interests me. Meanwhile, I am looking forward to the Moz gig in Paris in 1 month and 1 day in the Grand Rex. Can't wait that day and I wonder if there will be my belved Marianne Fatihfull as a guest on stage...I wouldn't exclude it.

But here we go for the thread about Cyndi & Moz and please reply in case you know. I absolutely don't have any idea but frankly don't see any link between Cyn & Moz ;-)

it is it known on what Cyndi thinks of Morrissey or vice versa. Morrissey seems to have a strong opinion against Madonna so i was wondering how he feels towards Cyndi. Anyone have an idea?

It's you posted that thread in Cyndi Lauper forum?

IMHO Cyndi Lauper fans don't bother about Morrissey and vice versa.

No it wasn't me to post this.

My user name there is girls-just.

But please reply to this, folks - whoever knows it! Thx!

The admirer of Jo from Salford would not be an admirer of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. While Morrissey was in Manchester listening to the Buzzcocks and Bowie, Cyndi was in New York singing Jefferson Airplane covers.

I don't see a strong affinity there. I don't recall Morrissey voicing his opinion about Cyndi Lauper but I can guess.

I was in a music room in my school playing "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" on guitar with a chorus effect on and a talentless popular indie f*** came in and asked if it was Cyndi Lauper that I was playing. :mad:

Morrissey reviewed her "All Through The Night" single for Smash Hits. Not the greatest of praise to put it mildly.

shrev.jpg

Last edited:
Just back from "Passions Just Like Mine."
During the 2007 tour; some girl in the audience kept shouting
for Morrissey to sing "Money Changes Everything." His response?
"We do not bother with requests. We stick with the program."

I like Cyndi's music, I think she's cool. Unlike Madollar, Cyndi can sing and carry a musical note, I think Moz would appreciate that or not, :lbf:

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to the Moz gig in Paris in 1 month and 1 day in the Grand Rex. Can't wait that day and I wonder if there will be my belved Marianne Fatihfull as a guest on stage...I wouldn't exclude it.

...Really? Count me :barf: out, then! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Killarney got the rockin' Doll and the kicks :guitar:, but Paris would get old dreadful Marianne Fattyfull?

Why not ship the whole country to Belarus, while you're at it, and ask Mireille Matthieu to cover "Dear God, please help me"?

Come on. Make my day.

Last edited:
Just back from "Passions Just Like Mine."
During the 2007 tour; some girl in the audience kept shouting
for Morrissey to sing "Money Changes Everything." His response?
"We do not bother with requests. We stick with the program."

That person was shouting for the Smiths' song "Money Changes Everything", not Cyndi Lauper's...

Stephane

I was at that show. What she said made no sense whatsoever... so Morrissey just rolled his eyes.
I have never ever seen anybody taking the microphone and saying anything remotely smart. I wouldn't know what to say, that's why I don't even try.

At the Carnegie Hall in NYC some guy asked something like "what do you think about the economy?"....ahhh and then the drunk republican guy next to me grabbed the microphone and said "I've been a fan for 22 years... can I hear how soon is now again?"

wow

Thank you very much for posting the scan, Mikael. :)

(yes, I misread who posted it. :o )

Last edited:
That is brilliant, I had never seen it before. Cheers!

This could be the post of the year.

Status Quo: "If you can't beat 'em, shoot 'em"

Bucks Fizz: "One would hear more vocal passion from an ape under anaesthetic."

David Sylvain: "He sounds like he's about to begin his third year in bed."

:love:

Last edited:
Tags
lauper shebop
Back
Top Bottom