Curtis Butler Has Died - Morrissey Central (16 Feb, 2019)

"Curtis, who was from Manchester, and who followed Morrissey tours all over the world for many years … who was loved by all of us in our own strange way … has taken leave of this unhappy planet.

Curtis, I am so sorry that I could not be the global star that you wanted me to be: but it is difficult in such a narrow and moronic world.
I am blessed to have known you, and I fully understand how generally unbearable modern life is.
Thank you for all that you have done for me … there is another world, there is a better world … well there MUST be.

I will see you again.
My dearest love to you."

MORRISSEY.
February 2019

In the video below, Curtis can be seen climbing on stage at approximately 2:11, wearing his fantastic WE HATE WILLIAM AND KATE t-shirt.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/curtis-butler-has-died

Further,
Lyn Boorer posted (prior to the Central post).

20190216_202056.jpg

FB_IMG_1550348396086.jpg

RIP.
A very direct message from Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have his phone number. I sold him a ticket to the Marr gig at the Deaf Institute. An odd chap, when all said and done. The kind of unquestioning fan Morrissey liked. Sad times for his family. And I must say - it is a little shitty of Morrissey to bemoan his lack of success when someone has died. Leave it.

Sad. I didn’t know this person but I can’t not feel sad for him and his family. You always feel like there will be time until you realize there isn’t

I still have his phone number. I sold him a ticket to the Marr gig at the Deaf Institute. An odd chap, when all said and done. The kind of unquestioning fan Morrissey liked. Sad times for his family. And I must say - it is a little shitty of Morrissey to bemoan his lack of success when someone has died. Leave it.

So first we establish that this is all about you and then we get a gentle reminder that Morrissey fails to meet your standards as a decent human being. So glad to see you never change.

So first we establish that this is all about you and then we get a gentle reminder that Morrissey fails to meet your standards as a decent human being. So glad to see you never change.
Weird isn’t it? He basically made a post about the passing of a Morrissey fan so he could have a crack at Morrissey whilst simultaneously having a crack at the person who has just passed as an ‘unquestioning fan.’ What a swell guy Skinny is.

Weird isn’t it? He basically made a post about the passing of a Morrissey fan so he could have a crack at Morrissey whilst simultaneously having a crack at the person who has just passed as an ‘unquestioning fan.’ What a swell guy Skinny is.

To be fair, Morrissey did much the same, mentioning the passing of a fan and then making it about his fame.

"Sorry that I could not be the global star you wanted me to be..." is such a strange line, either oblivious to the fact that he's an iconic artist, recognized and able to tour worldwide, or perhaps part of his anti-media agenda. Either way he should have left it out.

To be fair, Morrissey did much the same, mentioning the passing of a fan and then making it about his fame.

"Sorry that I could not be the global star you wanted me to be..." is such a strange line, either oblivious to the fact that he's an iconic artist, recognized and able to tour worldwide. Or perhaps, it's part of his anti-media agenda.
Yes but my point being it’s a little rich for Peter to criticise Morrissey when he engages in the same behaviour, in fact worse I’d say as he chose the moment to have both a pop at Moz AND a crack at someone who it seems is no more than 24 hours dead. Stay classy San Diego.

Thank you for the above video reminder (it was added to Central after the initial text).
I would have never put his name to the face, but now realise that he was someone I'd talked to prior to this gig.
We were both filmed for a regional news programme outside the entrance of the Arena.
FWD.

Yes but my point being it’s a little rich for Peter to criticise Morrissey when he engages in the same behaviour, in fact worse I’d say as he chose the moment to have both a pop at Moz AND a crack at someone who it seems is no more than 24 hours dead. Stay classy San Diego.

It could have been a great moment though if he had omitted one line - Curtis, I am so sorry that I could not be the global star that you wanted me to be: but it is difficult in such a narrow and moronic world.

Thank you for the above video reminder.
I would have never put his name to the face, but now realise that he was someone I'd talked to prior to this gig.
We were both filmed for a regional news programme outside the entrance of the Arena.
FWD.

Courting publicity again, hey.

RIP Curtis xx

"An odd chap". Oh, the f***ing irony..

"Sorry that I could not be the global star you wanted me to be..." is such a strange line, either oblivious to the fact that he's an iconic artist, recognized and able to tour worldwide, or perhaps part of his anti-media agenda. Either way he should have left it out.

It’s probably more likely about conversations between them where he talked about the subject. Curtis that is

Courting publicity again, hey.

RIP Curtis xx
Yes, I wanted 'publicity' by making that comment on a thread about the person.
You so completely caught me.
FWD.

I'm presumbing this was suicide? Rather than blathering on about the role of who's the biggest superfan or the nature of ego, how about some of you arseholes have a sense of humanity? Try it, you might be nicer people.

It could have been a great moment though if he had omitted one line - Curtis, I am so sorry that I could not be the global star that you wanted me to be: but it is difficult in such a narrow and moronic world.
Exactly. That sentence is self serving dogshit. His self pity is disgusting.
Apart from that line Moz's comments were nice. I didn't know Curtis but I feel bad for him and his family. I've seen the devastation it leaves behind. R.I.P.

It might not be suicide. Remember Michael Hutchence? They say 85% of male suicides are really just dudes pulling an INXS.

Perhaps they had a conversation and Curtis had wished that Morrissey was a bigger star and so forth. This could actually be something personal shared between them. Please do not assume, nor shall I. I just like to see multiple sides to stories.

How low can this suckhole go?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom