Curtis Butler Has Died - Morrissey Central (16 Feb, 2019)

"Curtis, who was from Manchester, and who followed Morrissey tours all over the world for many years … who was loved by all of us in our own strange way … has taken leave of this unhappy planet.

Curtis, I am so sorry that I could not be the global star that you wanted me to be: but it is difficult in such a narrow and moronic world.
I am blessed to have known you, and I fully understand how generally unbearable modern life is.
Thank you for all that you have done for me … there is another world, there is a better world … well there MUST be.

I will see you again.
My dearest love to you."

MORRISSEY.
February 2019

In the video below, Curtis can be seen climbing on stage at approximately 2:11, wearing his fantastic WE HATE WILLIAM AND KATE t-shirt.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/curtis-butler-has-died

Further,
Lyn Boorer posted (prior to the Central post).

20190216_202056.jpg

FB_IMG_1550348396086.jpg

RIP.
A very direct message from Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curtis Butler sounds like he was a lovely, sensitive young man. There is no evidence to suggest that he was mentally unwell.

Clearly, you did not know him, or you wouldn't have posted this.

Personally I didn't much get on with him, and heard lots of horror stories about his behaviour from other fans- that doesn't mean I wished him dead. Equally though I'm not sure that painting someone out to be a saint when they die is the best thing to do. A similar thing happened when Margaret Dale passed, with people who had been bitching about her 24/7 suddenly pretending they loved her all along. Don't be hypocrites, folks.

That said, he clearly had people who he got on with, and a family who miss him. Being charitable, I like to think that maybe any of his poor behaviour on tour was related to his mental health, and his desperate devotion to do anything to be a Morrissey 'superfan'. Morrissey does not always attract the most mentally well-adjusted people, let's face it - the superfans even more so.

So first we establish that this is all about you and then we get a gentle reminder that Morrissey fails to meet your standards as a decent human being. So glad to see you never change.

We all know that Peter is just a parasite. Rather than let yet another thread be derailed by his mentalist, wall-eyed bilge...just ignore the c***.

RIP Curtis - I had a brief chat with you outside the York Barbican many moons ago - you made a fuss of my other half as it was her first Morrissey gig.

:crazy:

"despetately" nutso this sock puppet.

Quite obviously I meant 'desperately' just a typo while in the park with the kids Not all of us spend all day at home on the computer.. Plus a typo hardly stops the point being true
As for your 'nutso' comment that's rich conning from a brainwashed morrissey fan who is ALWAYS on here What a sad ass you are.

I have nothing against curtis but it's true what is being said and being dead doesn't change that.

Do your own detective work. You obviously aren’t part of the “regulars” group of fans that go to shows, because most of them have first hand knowledge of what he was like. I’m not naming any names, it’s uo to those people whether they want to or not. But he did do his whole ‘woe-is-me’ to get money (hundreds) from a good friend of mine on tour the premise that he had changed his ways and would pay it all back. 5 years later this person has still not seen a penny, unsurprisingly. He was a master manipulator, just ask most of the insecure, single women that follow
Morrissey around. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he played it well. How some of these girls even fell victim multiple times beggars belief.
when I see the front row of a Morrissey concert the last thing I see is insecure women.i see women who are out enjoying themselves with their own money that they have earned.

when I see the front row of a Morrissey concert the last thing I see is insecure women.i see women who are out enjoying themselves with their own money that they have earned.

This has to be the funniest shot I have read in a long time! Thanks for that, gordo.

Quite obviously I meant 'desperately' just a typo while in the park with the kids Not all of us spend all day at home on the computer.. Plus a typo hardly stops the point being true
As for your 'nutso' comment that's rich conning from a brainwashed morrissey fan who is ALWAYS on here What a sad ass you are.

I have nothing against curtis but it's true what is being said and being dead doesn't change that.

:rolleyes:

O in the park are we? with the (invisible)kids?:lbf:
You must be a billionaire to have satellite wifi service in the park to be able
to continuously post.. you must have made millions off the real estate and the
blue textiles.:crazy:

whats with the random recurring capital letters:squiffy:
(one of the crazier skinny sock puppets, no doubt)

This has to be the funniest shot I have read in a long time! Thanks for that, gordo.
well surely you can enlighten us all of the names of the women who are insecure who stand at the rail of a Morrissey concert.

Those of you implying that Morrissey has a personal relationship with Curtis or any of the other superfans are deluded. Yes, he knows who they are- how could he not since they are in his face every show and endlessly send him letters and expensive gifts. They also kiss up to the band and crew members to gain favor and hopefully Morrissey's attention.

But none of these folks hang out with him or are allowed back stage. They don't talk with him or directly interact with him other than a quick chat in passing like he would do with any fan on the street.

Sure, Morrissey appreciates the love of his fans and cares about them on a certain level- why wouldn't he? But they are not his mates, not his friends, and definitely not involved in his personal life. They are like the rest of us, just fans.

So Morrissey very likely knew nothing of Curtis' treacherous side, and just saw the moon faced, wide eyed, worshipping Curtis; hence the sweet message. It was a nice thing for Moz to do but don't read too much into it. It doesn't mean that Curtis was an angel. He was not.

I think it's sad that people like Curtis have to go to such great lengths to create a false sense of who they are and where they fit in the world in order to feel good about themselves. Obviously Curtis had a lot of problems. And it's always sad when someone dies so young. But dying doesn't change anything about who Curtis (or anyone) actually was, good or bad.

Those of you implying that Morrissey has a personal relationship with Curtis or any of the other superfans are deluded. Yes, he knows who they are- how could he not since they are in his face every show and endlessly send him letters and expensive gifts. They also kiss up to the band and crew members to gain favor and hopefully Morrissey's attention.

But none of these folks hang out with him or are allowed back stage. They don't talk with him or directly interact with him other than a quick chat in passing like he would do with any fan on the street.

Sure, Morrissey appreciates the love of his fans and cares about them on a certain level- why wouldn't he? But they are not his mates, not his friends, and definitely not involved in his personal life. They are like the rest of us, just fans.

So Morrissey very likely knew nothing of Curtis' treacherous side, and just saw the moon faced, wide eyed, worshipping Curtis; hence the sweet message. It was a nice thing for Moz to do but don't read too much into it. It doesn't mean that Curtis was an angel. He was not.

I think it's sad that people like Curtis have to go to such great lengths to create a false sense of who they are and where they fit in the world in order to feel good about themselves. Obviously Curtis had a lot of problems. And it's always sad when someone dies so young. But dying doesn't change anything about who Curtis (or anyone) actually was, good or bad.

:rolleyes:

o_O

:crazy:*

*= an expert on Moz fans and their interactions with Moz. He has parrot tendencies
repeating the same nonsense over and over and over again.

How about Lyn? She speaks as if they were mates and wrote a kind message as well...

A lot of anonymous trolls on the various Curtis threads today. Trolling a young guy who has passed away, it's shocking how low some people will stoop.

I agree it's a shame when people have nothing nice to say after a death but you can't expect people to say nice things about him, when they have been the victims of his fake ticket sales or if you were an impressionable girl who was lonely and impressed by the guys tales of how he's part of the 'in crowd' and 'mates with sam' and so can 'get you to meet Morrissey', which he would use to defraud money (I know a couple it happened to)

It is a shame if he took his own life but it doesnt make up for the fact he lied and cheated people who themselves had serious mental health issues.
Treatimg people like shit isn't clever and talking shit about living people (which he did to gain favor with Sam ) is worse than speaking shit about the dead

I feel sorry for the guy he was messed up but you know these people claiming he was a great guy with a great life are talking shit. False words are as bad as nasty words

Lyn and Boz are very available and accessible as they are in the shop a lot, so many fans have gotten to know them on that level.

Sad news indeed! And "Superfly" is such a classic album, too... He will be missed!
You are confusing Curtis Mayfield with Curtis Butler who has just died.

Curtis Mayfield died back in 1999. Curtis Mayfield was very talented.

I think that some people might be confused with Curtis Mayfield (died 1999) and Ian Curtis (died 1980).

Curtis Butler is a Morrissey superfan who has sadly died recently. It is very upsetting and tragic. :(

Lyn and Boz are very available and accessible as they are in the shop a lot, so many fans have gotten to know them on that level.

a second ago nobody could be friends with the band now everybody can be good buddies with
the band and be mates with sam. WTF?
wacko:crazy:

People are jumping to conclusions but he did not take his life nor was he using drugs. He was a healthy and happy young man surrounded by friends from all over the world.
At least have the decency to understand that people die from disease and all kinds of conditions. If people knew how common cardiac arrest is.

I mean this in the least crappy way possible... his social media has pictures of alprazolam bottles and antidepressants, full lists of controlled substances taken at once for sleep and depression issues, definitions of schizoaffective disorders and needle containers. I'm using Occam's razor to deduce what happened here. I met Curtis but didn't know him well, and I am very sorry for his friends and family. Mental illness is no joke.

I mean this in the least crappy way possible... his social media has pictures of alprazolam bottles and antidepressants, full lists of controlled substances taken at once for sleep and depression issues, definitions of schizoaffective disorders and needle containers. I'm using Occam's razor to deduce what happened here. I met Curtis but didn't know him well, and I am very sorry for his friends and family. Mental illness is no joke.
LIES!

The "needle container" is what you use to scrape up some poop to hand in for a check up. He used something to sleep and since when did that make him a drug user?

There are so many Citeh fans here cause they have no respect since they never knew real tragedy. Plastic to the core and the derby should be interesting around the bars cause we know who you guys are.

See you then glass faces!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom